The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, may be another expensive vet visit without anything found... A plus I guess is since she was already sedated, getting the knot on her belly shaved was only $17, so I asked them to do that. Just frustrated because they called to ask if I wanted an x-ray taken after doing a spine exam and finding nothing, but I was trying to think and ask questions, but the vet kept repeating she won't stay sedated for long and she needed an answer. Like, why not mention this before doing the exam if she needs to be sedated and say if nothing is found, think about if you want an x-ray taken, etc. I'm feeling frustrated because I felt pressured in the moment and didn't have time to think it through. At least, hopefully, I'll have some piece of mind. She didn't mention anything about being worried she could feel the back part of the spine, and I forgot to ask, this was my main worry, so I will need to ask about this when I pick her up and talk to the vet.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, nothing wrong was found. Thank goodness. I need to stop taking the cats to the vet so much though... she wants me to bring her in for a routine dental cleaning in the next month since we did a blood panel. I'm like, nope, that is going to have to wait. That's another $500. I'm not sure when I'll be working again and need to make sure I have money for vaccinations this fall.

I felt her judging me and that she was irritated. She's like, well the virus is going to be here for a while and it is getting better out there, etc. First off, that's not her decision to make for me. Second, I believe it will get worse once we open up more and people start putting their guard down. If they are okay with letting customers come into exam rooms and wait in the waiting room, that's fine. I've seen customers walk in and out without masks or without their nose covered while I waited in the car. I'm still going to take this seriously. I'm sick of people judging me because they are okay mentally right now and think I should be, too.

I'm exhausted.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welp, nothing wrong was found. Thank goodness. I need to stop taking the cats to the vet so much though... she wants me to bring her in for a routine dental cleaning in the next month since we did a blood panel. I'm like, nope, that is going to have to wait. That's another $500. I'm not sure when I'll be working again and need to make sure I have money for vaccinations this fall.

I felt her judging me and that she was irritated. She's like, well the virus is going to be here for a while and it is getting better out there, etc. First off, that's not her decision to make for me. Second, I believe it will get worse once we open up more and people start putting their guard down. If they are okay with letting customers come into exam rooms and wait in the waiting room, that's fine. I've seen customers walk in and out without masks or without their nose covered while I waited in the car. I'm still going to take this seriously. I'm sick of people judging me because they are okay mentally right now and think I should be, too.

I'm exhausted.
First off. I'm glad nothing was found. It sounds like she might have pulled something. Also if she's judging you for putting off a cleaning that is $500 and there's a pandemic and you aren't working? She can get over it. I hate to say it but if she doesn't understand that maybe you need a new vet? Because vets? They need to work with animals yes BUT they should also be able to work with people too.

My kitties were supposed to get their teeth cleaned in March. The vet when I called them recently to ask about dental chews for the kitties or how to keep their teeth clean? Told me that because I'm high risk she didn't want me to come to the vets office until the virus had a treatment or vaccine. I told her I was worried it wouldn't be until 2022. You know what she told me? That yes yearly cleanings are important but in a pandemic it's ok to hold off a year or two. To try and brush the kitties teeth and give them treats and it would be ok. She told me to check their gums periodically and not stress. Because if I put myself into a situation where myself and my husband get it and pass away? My kitties are going to be in a MUCH worse position without me alive.

I took my kitty Azrael to the vet in January because he was limping for two days. I was a mess. He gets to the vets office? Jumps right on the table with no limp in sight. I was mortified I'd taken him there for nothing. The vet was like 'it happens!' lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we got them all, lol. We've had 3-ish inches in the past few days, lots of lightning and thunder and even hail. Which is good (not the hail! Although it's early enough that it didn't ruin any crops) because the corn was starting to brown, but we didn't need 3 inches because now the fields are slightly flooded. Our weather just can't do anything in moderation. . .

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The monsoon season I think might start tomorrow here! 😦
Not looking forward to it because that means it will be humid until late August (the actual monsoon season only lasts 2-4 weeks, but it brings up the humid tropical air which stays for way too long. RIP to my hairstyle...

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We've been expecting rain for days and finally got it tonight! I sat on the catio with the kitties for a good 3 hours. It was really nice. Then I groomed up the girl kitties really good because they are shedding like mad! Some new grooming tools are arriving tomorrow via amazon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been expecting rain for days and finally got it tonight! I sat on the catio with the kitties for a good 3 hours. It was really nice. Then I groomed up the girl kitties really good because they are shedding like mad! Some new grooming tools are arriving tomorrow via amazon.
Please let me know how they are. I may buy the low noise and vibration set for Cal.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off. I'm glad nothing was found. It sounds like she might have pulled something. Also if she's judging you for putting off a cleaning that is $500 and there's a pandemic and you aren't working? She can get over it. I hate to say it but if she doesn't understand that maybe you need a new vet? Because vets? They need to work with animals yes BUT they should also be able to work with people too.

My kitties were supposed to get their teeth cleaned in March. The vet when I called them recently to ask about dental chews for the kitties or how to keep their teeth clean? Told me that because I'm high risk she didn't want me to come to the vets office until the virus had a treatment or vaccine. I told her I was worried it wouldn't be until 2022. You know what she told me? That yes yearly cleanings are important but in a pandemic it's ok to hold off a year or two. To try and brush the kitties teeth and give them treats and it would be ok. She told me to check their gums periodically and not stress. Because if I put myself into a situation where myself and my husband get it and pass away? My kitties are going to be in a MUCH worse position without me alive.

I took my kitty Azrael to the vet in January because he was limping for two days. I was a mess. He gets to the vets office? Jumps right on the table with no limp in sight. I was mortified I'd taken him there for nothing. The vet was like 'it happens!' lol
Edit: Yes, that makes a lot of sense with a better situation to take precautions because if something happens to owners, how will their pets be cared for in the future?

Thank you <3 This vet clinic is very thorough and does a lot of prevention, etc., but also sometimes pushes many tests. When I've done dental cleanings in the past, I've done more of the basics without x-rays or the sealant to not go above $500. Sometimes the techs give me a sad look and ask, are you sure? These are important. There shouldn't be so much pressure, especially if someone is doing the best they can with what income they have. The past 4-5 years I had went back to school, and knew I needed to manage my money well to make it through on limited savings and income. Her last dental cleaning was 2 years ago, and my vet pushes for it every year. Once, I pushed it back 3 months to cut down on costs, and she seemed displeased. I'll be asking a friend who used to live in the area if they have recommendations and plan on switching. It's great they want to do the best, most advanced care, but not everyone can afford this. I've calmed down a lot, but still feel frustrated with many things. It really irks me that she knew I was worried about costs and told me, and not asked me, to plan dental cleanings in the next month. I'm going to stop ranting for now. Thank you for the empathy/sympathy. It helps knowing someone understands and relates.

I'm glad your vet is understanding, especially with the circumstances. I miss my vet by school I've used the past couple of years.

What kind of treats did she recommend?

Azrael so silly! It is embarrassing when that happens! Isabelle had a small bump, maybe from a vaccination, that was lingering for a few weeks. I told myself when I came back from a short trip, if it was still there when I got back I would take her in, just in case. I was up at school then. The appointment was made for the next day, but I couldn't really feel anything at the vet and neither could my vet! She thinks it was a bump from the vaccination maybe. I was really surprised she didn't charge me. That was nice of her!

Yea, rain! What grooming tools are you using? And are they for short/long hair or both?

The monsoon season I think might start tomorrow here! 😦
Not looking forward to it because that means it will be humid until late August (the actual monsoon season only lasts 2-4 weeks, but it brings up the humid tropical air which stays for way too long. RIP to my hairstyle...

What is monsoon season like? Is there a lot of flooding? Sending positive energy to your hair style <3 I know a lot of people unhappy with hair right now, especially being unable or putting off haircuts due to the pandemic. Hang in there.

Yesterday, I was so scared and sad. I get really worried when she has to be sedated, etc. and wondered, what if she didn't wake back up? What if someone was very wrong with her? I'm not ready to loss her. She is everything to me. The kittens are great and I love them, but Isabelle and I have a very special bond. I'm glad she is okay for now and hope she has many, many, many more years to go.

Isabelle was much calmer after being sedated. Normally, she becomes very anxious. She stayed in the bedroom with me last night and the kittens were in the living room. Kittens were very well behaved and did not scratch or meow at the bedroom door until they heard my alarm go off after I hit snooze. They are probably like, we heard that alarm! It is feeding time! Wakey wakey! 😂 :heartshape:

Last edited:

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please let me know how they are. I may buy the low noise and vibration set for Cal.
I really like the low noise and vibration clipper set. My fluffiest girl kitty? Can't always get her bum clean. So in the summer (that's when it's worse) We carefully shave off her no no spots. It seems to help a whole bunch. So at least I have experience doing this when our Persian kitten comes haha. I also bought a steel comb and a furgopet. Before I'd had a furminator and it didn't work with my kitties. The Furgopet? Works wonderfully on my boys! I have three short haired boys and the slicker brushes never seem to get into their thick crazy undercoats (a bengal, a ginger moggy, and a highlander) So I brushed them all and it turned out really good.

The steel comb? Definitely helps the long haired girl cats. It's so easy to brush and gets out all the yuck in the undercoats and then go over them with a slicker brush and honestly it's just good. I brush the girls daily and the boys will get the furgopet taken to them once a week I think. The girls are the ones we watch because they mat up so easily.

This is Kyrie after being groomed and sitting all nice
50038286527_f642eba045_o.jpg
So I just needed more than a slicker brush for her. She's a good girl. She's a rehabbed feral that was part of the TNR program here then spent a year at a foster mom and then I knew I needed her in my life. She does get a bit cranky when we shave up her back end but I think it also makes her feel better.

Edit: Yes, that makes a lot of sense with a better situation to take precautions because if something happens to owners, how will their pets be cared for in the future?

Thank you <3 This vet clinic is very thorough and does a lot of prevention, etc., but also sometimes pushes many tests. When I've done dental cleanings in the past, I've done more of the basics without x-rays or the sealant to not go above $500. Sometimes the techs give me a sad look and ask, are you sure? These are important. There shouldn't be so much pressure, especially if someone is doing the best they can with what income they have. The past 4-5 years I had went back to school, and knew I needed to manage my money well to make it through on limited savings and income. Her last dental cleaning was 2 years ago, and my vet pushes for it every year. Once, I pushed it back 3 months to cut down on costs, and she seemed displeased. I'll be asking a friend who used to live in the area if they have recommendations and plan on switching. It's great they want to do the best, most advanced care, but not everyone can afford this. I've calmed down a lot, but still feel frustrated with many things. It really irks me that she knew I was worried about costs and told me, and not asked me, to plan dental cleanings in the next month. I'm going to stop ranting for now. Thank you for the empathy/sympathy. It helps knowing someone understands and relates.

I'm glad your vet is understanding, especially with the circumstances. I miss my vet by school I've used the past couple of years.

What kind of treats did she recommend?

Azrael so silly! It is embarrassing when that happens! Isabelle had a small bump, maybe from a vaccination, that was lingering for a few weeks. I told myself when I came back from a short trip, if it was still there when I got back I would take her in, just in case. I was up at school then. The appointment was made for the next day, but I couldn't really feel anything at the vet and neither could my vet! She thinks it was a bump from the vaccination maybe. I was really surprised she didn't charge me. That was nice of her!

Isabelle was much calmer after being sedated. Normally, she becomes very anxious. She stayed in the bedroom with me last night and the kittens were in the living room. Kittens were very well behaved and did not scratch or meow at the bedroom door until they heard my alarm go off after I hit snooze. They are probably like, we heard that alarm! It is feeding time! Wakey wakey! 😂 :heartshape:
Willow where do you live? I just ask because I've NEVER had a tooth cleaning cost me over $250 and that's with sedation and blood work prior to sedation and all that. We go to a low cost vet so maybe you can look into something like that. They have experience with people coming it and saying 'Look I'm poor right now with this going on. I can pay up to this amount can you help her under that amount' and they always do.

I think asking for vet recommendations and switching is a good idea. Our vet recommended greenie chews and also this stuff to put in their water it's supposed to help almost like brushing their teeth and won't harm them at all. Also freeze dried minnows as a snack. She said just feeding the kitties twice a week a minnow as a treat can help their teeth because they chomp down on all the fishy stuff and it helps clean their teeth.

I bought a furgopet and a steel comb for longhaired kitties. Honestly the Furgopet is working well on Kyrie's fur as is the steal comb. But not so much on Lilah. Lilah has a different coat type being a highlander. I think for her the slicker brush and maybe getting one of those soft Kong cat brushes would be best. She needs more than just the slicker brush so I think a Kong would help because it's soft.

I always worry when my kitties are getting put under. When Lilah had her spay? I spent hours SOBBING because I was convinced I'd never see her again and it broke my heart.

june2020 (13).jpg
Here she is trying to eat the hairbrush though lol. So she was ok!

I think I answered all the questions. If I missed something sorry. I've had a rough morning with anxiety and ended up taking my meds for it. So now i'm just hanging out with a cat and 3D printing an IronMan Helmet lol

No rain today yet but lots of wind. Seems like the rain band moved out overnight. Next chance of rain will be Friday through Sunday this weekend. Lots of time for me to hang out on the catio with the kitties. Their soft rug arrived today. Still waiting for the cat tree.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so disappointed in myself. I failed my certification exam :frown:

I'd love to lay the blame on that toothache I had during it, but let's face it-the problem wasn't my tooth, but my brain.
Can you take it again. Honestly having a toothache CAN mess with how you think. There are studies that people trying to work and do tests while in pain will perform really badly.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you take it again. Honestly having a toothache CAN mess with how you think. There are studies that people trying to work and do tests while in pain will perform really badly.
Luckily, I can take it as many times as I need to. I've rescheduled for August, so I have a month to prepare.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd love to lay the blame on that toothache I had during it, but let's face it-the problem wasn't my tooth, but my brain.
It’s usually your nerves and not your brain that messes up in a testing situation. Next time will be better.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:hugs::heartshape: That's rough. Sometimes doing the best you can under whatever circumstances you are under during or while prepping for the test is all you can do. I'm glad you are able to retake it. Maybe your experience with the first test will help you better prepare for the next time. Keep us updated, ok? Rooting for you!

I really like the low noise and vibration clipper set. My fluffiest girl kitty? Can't always get her bum clean. So in the summer (that's when it's worse) We carefully shave off her no no spots. It seems to help a whole bunch. So at least I have experience doing this when our Persian kitten comes haha. I also bought a steel comb and a furgopet. Before I'd had a furminator and it didn't work with my kitties. The Furgopet? Works wonderfully on my boys! I have three short haired boys and the slicker brushes never seem to get into their thick crazy undercoats (a bengal, a ginger moggy, and a highlander) So I brushed them all and it turned out really good.

The steel comb? Definitely helps the long haired girl cats. It's so easy to brush and gets out all the yuck in the undercoats and then go over them with a slicker brush and honestly it's just good. I brush the girls daily and the boys will get the furgopet taken to them once a week I think. The girls are the ones we watch because they mat up so easily.

This is Kyrie after being groomed and sitting all nice
View attachment 340253
So I just needed more than a slicker brush for her. She's a good girl. She's a rehabbed feral that was part of the TNR program here then spent a year at a foster mom and then I knew I needed her in my life. She does get a bit cranky when we shave up her back end but I think it also makes her feel better.

Willow where do you live? I just ask because I've NEVER had a tooth cleaning cost me over $250 and that's with sedation and blood work prior to sedation and all that. We go to a low cost vet so maybe you can look into something like that. They have experience with people coming it and saying 'Look I'm poor right now with this going on. I can pay up to this amount can you help her under that amount' and they always do.

I think asking for vet recommendations and switching is a good idea. Our vet recommended greenie chews and also this stuff to put in their water it's supposed to help almost like brushing their teeth and won't harm them at all. Also freeze dried minnows as a snack. She said just feeding the kitties twice a week a minnow as a treat can help their teeth because they chomp down on all the fishy stuff and it helps clean their teeth.

I bought a furgopet and a steel comb for longhaired kitties. Honestly the Furgopet is working well on Kyrie's fur as is the steal comb. But not so much on Lilah. Lilah has a different coat type being a highlander. I think for her the slicker brush and maybe getting one of those soft Kong cat brushes would be best. She needs more than just the slicker brush so I think a Kong would help because it's soft.

I always worry when my kitties are getting put under. When Lilah had her spay? I spent hours SOBBING because I was convinced I'd never see her again and it broke my heart.

View attachment 340256
Here she is trying to eat the hairbrush though lol. So she was ok!

I think I answered all the questions. If I missed something sorry. I've had a rough morning with anxiety and ended up taking my meds for it. So now i'm just hanging out with a cat and 3D printing an IronMan Helmet lol

No rain today yet but lots of wind. Seems like the rain band moved out overnight. Next chance of rain will be Friday through Sunday this weekend. Lots of time for me to hang out on the catio with the kitties. Their soft rug arrived today. Still waiting for the cat tree.
What is the low noise/vibration clipper set you use? I normally use my wahl hair cutting shaver on my cat, but it seems louder than normal and doesn't seem to work as well anymore under a knot, so I would love to upgrade and maybe get something specifically good for cats. Do you shave before or after knots appear? Thanks for all the details on the brushes! I've never found a good brush for Isabelle's long hair before someone mentioned the metal comb type brushes on here. It works really well!

Does the furgopet help take out the underfur like the furminator does on long haired cats? The furminator works on my short-haired cats, but not my long-haired.

Do you have any tips for shaving? I want to start shaving before knot season (spring) because Isabelle's been getting harder to reach knots the past couple of years and I feel bad it if takes me a bit to cut them out. Especially if she only tolerates some at a time... I tried shaving around one of her knots a couple weeks ago to prevent more of a knot from forming, but it didn't work to well. I need to look up youtube videos and research to figure out how to do it easier.

I live in a suburb north of Chicago, in Illinois. The cat clinic I'm seeing is more pricey, but I switched to her because my previous vet wasn't informed about cat asthma. She prescribed prednisone, which doesn't always work in cats. She was stumped why it wasn't working and having asthma myself and my personal history with it, it was very hard on me seeing Isabelle still coughing and not getting better with her medicine. Her coughing went away, but came back when allergy season for her started. I switched vets and they explained I needed prednisolone and it worked. I did also recommend the vet to my mom when her cat Sunnie may have had kidney disease because the vet she was using didn't seem very thorough and taking things seriously,. She was very happy with how Sunnie was handled at my current vet, although she feels like they push too many tests and preventive measures, too, and is thinking about switching. So there was a reason I went and stayed, but it is time for me to change.

Where are you located? That sounds so much more affordable! The bloodwork panel Isabelle had (thankfully everything is normal!) was almost $125 just for that. For the dental, there is also an extra charge for a preventative medicine they give to Isabelle since she has asthma. I don't remember the cost, maybe $50 or so, but yea it is pricey and I don't even get all the extras they push! I'll have to look into low cost vets and see what I can find. I've always taken my cats to the vet for vaccines, but even pondered if I'm short on cash taking to a pet store that has vaccinations available a couple times a month. You know, how Petsmart has a team come in for low-cost vaccinations. Then I won't have to pay for an exam, too, I'm guessing.

Lilah looks adorable by the way! It's nice to know others have similar reactions when their kitties are put under. Why does it have to be so terrifying? Thank you for relating. <3

How is your anxiety now? I hope it has passed some. Feeling anxiety emotionally and/or physically is so hard to sit with.

Any pictures of things you have made with your 3D printer??

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about the difference between cat and human species. This morning I emptied some cat food into a bowl for Treasure and Sopdet when 5 water bugs came running over my hand causing me to drop the bag. I had the thing closed and sealed. Sopdet was happily chasing them though while Treasure ate the spilled food. I'm so happy I was able to oblige them this morning. hahah yuck

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is the low noise/vibration clipper set you use? I normally use my wahl hair cutting shaver on my cat, but it seems louder than normal and doesn't seem to work as well anymore under a knot, so I would love to upgrade and maybe get something specifically good for cats. Do you shave before or after knots appear? Thanks for all the details on the brushes! I've never found a good brush for Isabelle's long hair before someone mentioned the metal comb type brushes on here. It works really well!

Does the furgopet help take out the underfur like the furminator does on long haired cats? The furminator works on my short-haired cats, but not my long-haired.

Do you have any tips for shaving? I want to start shaving before knot season (spring) because Isabelle's been getting harder to reach knots the past couple of years and I feel bad it if takes me a bit to cut them out. Especially if she only tolerates some at a time... I tried shaving around one of her knots a couple weeks ago to prevent more of a knot from forming, but it didn't work to well. I need to look up youtube videos and research to figure out how to do it easier.

I live in a suburb north of Chicago, in Illinois. The cat clinic I'm seeing is more pricey, but I switched to her because my previous vet wasn't informed about cat asthma. She prescribed prednisone, which doesn't always work in cats. She was stumped why it wasn't working and having asthma myself and my personal history with it, it was very hard on me seeing Isabelle still coughing and not getting better with her medicine. Her coughing went away, but came back when allergy season for her started. I switched vets and they explained I needed prednisolone and it worked. I did also recommend the vet to my mom when her cat Sunnie may have had kidney disease because the vet she was using didn't seem very thorough and taking things seriously,. She was very happy with how Sunnie was handled at my current vet, although she feels like they push too many tests and preventive measures, too, and is thinking about switching. So there was a reason I went and stayed, but it is time for me to change.

Where are you located? That sounds so much more affordable! The bloodwork panel Isabelle had (thankfully everything is normal!) was almost $125 just for that. For the dental, there is also an extra charge for a preventative medicine they give to Isabelle since she has asthma. I don't remember the cost, maybe $50 or so, but yea it is pricey and I don't even get all the extras they push! I'll have to look into low cost vets and see what I can find. I've always taken my cats to the vet for vaccines, but even pondered if I'm short on cash taking to a pet store that has vaccinations available a couple times a month. You know, how Petsmart has a team come in for low-cost vaccinations. Then I won't have to pay for an exam, too, I'm guessing.

Lilah looks adorable by the way! It's nice to know others have similar reactions when their kitties are put under. Why does it have to be so terrifying? Thank you for relating. <3

How is your anxiety now? I hope it has passed some. Feeling anxiety emotionally and/or physically is so hard to sit with.

Any pictures of things you have made with your 3D printer??
Here's the brand I got although this is a newer and improved version of the clippers I got but the brand seems really legit and quality
Amazon Link

The furgopet got a lot of Kyrie's molting undercoat out which I really appreciated. It seems like a really good one. I shave after I notice her having issues with her bum or if she gets a huge mat that cannot be brushed out. Periodically no matter how often I'm grooming her she'll get this matted ball under her chin I think from how she lays. That's the only time I shave her besides to keep her bottom clean. Kyrie is a rehabbed feral so she's pretty.....wild when we hold her down. Usually my husband puts her in the nail trim bag and holds the top part of her steady and I don heavy duty gloves and we honestly have to hold her down to shave her bum. She gets lots of treats after and never seems traumatized. She just HATES being held still.

I'm in South Indiana and I purposely went looking for a low income vet because they tend to understand situations better and they also usually let people do payments and things if it's going to be a huge bill. For vaccinations? We have a mobile vaccination bus that travels through once a month and that's how we vaccinate our babies. It's cheaper and easier than a whole appointment when I really just need their boosters lol

My anxiety is doing better. I am still a little loopy from meds but it's going well.

Here's some stuff we've 3d printed! No photos of finished and sanded and painted ones yet but hopefully soon

Working on an Iron Man helmet
june1520 (3).jpg

Soap Dish!

june1720 (11).jpg
june1720 (13).jpg

Deadpool bust lol. We've printed a lot more but they got their first coat of primer today so they are chilling outside.
june2020 (15).jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
We have all done that. I have a rack in the garage where I have big bottles of oil, soya sauce, vinegar, jars of mayonnaise, bug proof containers of flour, sugar, pasta you name it. I also have canned goods, bought or home-canned there.
A second rack has stuff like TP and PT, cleaning stuff, detergent, bleach, all the dry stuff that is not edible. A third rack has miscellaneous things, garden stuff in a big box, another box has all my wine making supplies in it, one shelf has all my jewelry making things in plastic boxes on it, and so on. I can see everything which is the main point so that I don't run off to get something I already have.
Since having a garage I have become incredibly organized because I have the space to put things without stacking them to the ceiling in boxes in a walk-in closet where I can't find anything. I had a carport before with big cabinets but who wants to go to the underground garage from the second floor just to fill up a smaller bottle with olive oil that I keep in the kitchen pantry? This is just so convenient. My kitchen is smaller than what I had before where I had lots of cabinets but this one is a rather small galley kitchen where you cannot have more than one person in the kitchen and I really had to think hard where to put my appliances, the cabinets all have turntables in them now so I can see what's in them without having to empty cabinets.
slides and cabinets etc062320 014 (800x600).jpg slides and cabinets etc062320 015 (800x600).jpg
Speaking of storage: my bathroom has nothing in it but the tub, toilet and lavatory, towel bars, no cabinets or shelves of any kind. So where do you keep your electric tooth brush? I bought an over-the-tank rack and a free standing rack but that is still not enough. My daughter sent me this picture of her equally under-equipped but much smaller bathroom where she had hung a shoe rack with pockets on the outside of her bathroom door because she had no place to put her shoes in the closet. I thought that was a marvelous idea but to use it for something else. I got a rack just like it and hung it on the outside of the shower curtain on the rod and put everything that usually goes into bathroom cabinets and drawers in those pockets.
bath curtain organizer 001 (600x800) (480x640).jpg
It's behind the door so if you just open the door to see what the bathroom looks like you don't even see the rack with all the pockets. I have my hair dryer, curling iron, alcohol, nail polish remover, hair spray etc in the upper pockets, the lower pockets have toilet cleaner, spray cleaner etc, I can see everything without having to dig for it. This was certainly a really good buy for an under-equipped bathroom. I'll have to think for what else something like this can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.