The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep buying yogurt flavors I don't want! I grabbed this chobani coconut one the other week when I thought I was grabbing something else, and today I pulled out what I thought was a strawberry oikos out of the fridge to find out I'd accidentally bought raspberry instead. Blech. I'll choke this one down - the husband was supposed to eat the coconut one for me, but that'll probably end up in the garbage. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble grabbing the flavors I want!

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep buying yogurt flavors I don't want! I grabbed this chobani coconut one the other week when I thought I was grabbing something else, and today I pulled out what I thought was a strawberry oikos out of the fridge to find out I'd accidentally bought raspberry instead. Blech. I'll choke this one down - the husband was supposed to eat the coconut one for me, but that'll probably end up in the garbage. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble grabbing the flavors I want!
We aren't shopping ourselves but I'm having that issue with Instacart. We order certain flavors of yogurt and they are bringing us really gross ones instead of what we ordered because 'we couldn't find it' but my husband called the store and it's in stock! They just aren't looking for it :(

Today is the first day of rain since our catio was built and so far it's 100% waterproof!! It's also bug proof! We ordered a cat tower for the catio and a soft chenille rug and now I have to figure out a people seat because the kitties like people to sit on too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't shopping ourselves but I'm having that issue with Instacart. We order certain flavors of yogurt and they are bringing us really gross ones instead of what we ordered because 'we couldn't find it' but my husband called the store and it's in stock! They just aren't looking for it :(
You can contact Instacart either by phone of chat on the website; customer service. I have $8.40 credit because, last order was a rotten cucumber and the wrong type of lettuce... I wanted spinach/mixed greens, and got an entire container of just plain spinach.

You have to call within 24 hours...

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can contact Instacart either by phone of chat on the website; customer service. I have $8.40 credit because, last order was a rotten cucumber and the wrong type of lettuce... I wanted spinach/mixed greens, and got an entire container of just plain spinach.

You have to call within 24 hours...
Oh thank you for the information! We'll definitely do that next time!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the first day of rain since our catio was built and so far it's 100% waterproof!! It's also bug proof! We ordered a cat tower for the catio and a soft chenille rug and now I have to figure out a people seat because the kitties like people to sit on too.

How exciting! Any pictures of your catio??? I'd love to see it.

That'll be nice the catio is rain proof and bug proof. Despite my patio being enclosed, there are often bees, wasps, or yellow jackets I have to catch and set free each week. I keep a fish net and old, clean pizza cardboard to help me move insects.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How exciting! Any pictures of your catio??? I'd love to see it.

That'll be nice the catio is rain proof and bug proof. Despite my patio being enclosed, there are often bees, wasps, or yellow jackets I have to catch and set free each week. I keep a fish net and old, clean pizza cardboard to help me move insects.
Sure! It's not very big but it's nice to sit out on and we have blinds to lower so the neighbors don't creep on us lol.

20200621_154955_50031300446_o.jpg
20200621_155154_50031300611_o.jpg

There's screen under the floor too to really try and keep stuff out. I've found some TINY bugs but no mosquitoes or anything.
The kitties are getting used to the cat door too. 3 out of 5 can use it now.
20200619_213345_50031565802_o.jpg

One tip that might help your bee and wasp problem? Get a brown paper bag and put another in it and kind of shape it like a bees nest and hang it in your patio. The bees and wasps think it's a net and go away from it.

My roses are blooming beautifully too!
20200621_155612_50031562477_o.jpg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My friend got married on instagram live yesterday. She and her (now) husband got out of post-travel quarantine in Australia on Monday, bought her dress Tuesday, the rings on Thursday, and sent out the invitations on Saturday! They got married in front of the Sydney harbor bridge, it was really lovely. They are both great people! I met her here in Korea playing sports (she's Scottish) and she met him in a seedy bar in Thailand (he's Korean-Australian). I got to meet him last year when they visited Seoul and really, he was the nicest guy. They are the kind of couple I dream of! Fun, adventurous, total partners. They had people tuning in to the wedding from all over the world.

I told my mom I was jealous of them and she offered to pay for a premium dating app--haha, no thanks mom, that's not how it works! Especially not during a pandemic 😂

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend got married on instagram live yesterday. She and her (now) husband got out of post-travel quarantine in Australia on Monday, bought her dress Tuesday, the rings on Thursday, and sent out the invitations on Saturday! They got married in front of the Sydney harbor bridge, it was really lovely. They are both great people! I met her here in Korea playing sports (she's Scottish) and she met him in a seedy bar in Thailand (he's Korean-Australian). I got to meet him last year when they visited Seoul and really, he was the nicest guy. They are the kind of couple I dream of! Fun, adventurous, total partners. They had people tuning in to the wedding from all over the world.

I told my mom I was jealous of them and she offered to pay for a premium dating app--haha, no thanks mom, that's not how it works! Especially not during a pandemic 😂
She's lucky to find a dress that didn't need alterations!

My brother's been doing online dating. Right now it's Skype dates, moving to outdoor walks with masks. It's definitely not the same now as back when I was doing it! But it's cool how people are adapting to still find love.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I guess moms will always worry about their babies, no matter how old they are
Yep. And in return I now make her call me when they travel to let me know they arrived. And when I dont hear from her for a few days its like “How dare she!?” 😆😆😆

Lari Lari Its baby brain. Its a real thing!

Does anyone have an attic fan? DH has been wanting one for a while so we are getting quotes. And considering DIY. I don’t know enough about them but my dad thinks its a good idea. We are in a ranch and it would go in the attic over the garage. I just remember my friends dad using that to cool their house when the ac unit went. It was pretty loud in there.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's lucky to find a dress that didn't need alterations!

My brother's been doing online dating. Right now it's Skype dates, moving to outdoor walks with masks. It's definitely not the same now as back when I was doing it! But it's cool how people are adapting to still find love.
Haha! I know right? It was really a whirlwind. I can't believe they pulled it off, and it was actually official with paper signing and everything, not just like a "we're married!" show.

Yeah, my younger cousin was telling me that she was dating like that, too. I would really have to like a guy to be comfortable video chatting!! I'm much better in person than I am on screen 😨

For me, being part of an ex-pat community in a place where the ex-pat community isn't actually that large makes it somewhat tricky no matter who you are trying to date (other ex-pats or locals). Everyone has stereotypes attached to them (which unfortunately are actually pretty true) which make it really hard to genuinely connect with someone, especially on an app. At least for me. And even when I see someone who might be okay, I start to think about how they probably know other people I know since my subculture communities (the tattoo/indie rock music culture, or even the ex-pat football culture) are really, really small. Then I get paranoid and swipe left, just in case. haha

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! I know right? It was really a whirlwind. I can't believe they pulled it off, and it was actually official with paper signing and everything, not just like a "we're married!" show.

Yeah, my younger cousin was telling me that she was dating like that, too. I would really have to like a guy to be comfortable video chatting!! I'm much better in person than I am on screen 😨

For me, being part of an ex-pat community in a place where the ex-pat community isn't actually that large makes it somewhat tricky no matter who you are trying to date (other ex-pats or locals). Everyone has stereotypes attached to them (which unfortunately are actually pretty true) which make it really hard to genuinely connect with someone, especially on an app. At least for me. And even when I see someone who might be okay, I start to think about how they probably know other people I know since my subculture communities (the tattoo/indie rock music culture, or even the ex-pat football culture) are really, really small. Then I get paranoid and swipe left, just in case. haha
That makes sense. It might be like that in small towns, too, worrying if they know the same people you do. I live near a large metropolis (Chicago area), so there were always plenty of people who didn't know anyone I knew (and yet one time Match actually put the gym teacher at the school I was working at in my matches. It was super freaky).

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots of flowers and a snowball bush. But nothing super special. I meant to plant more this year but Corona messed it up
Awesome! And understandable, corona put a kink in many people's plans, etc. It did the opposite concerning gardening for me. Since I'm not working currently and not sure when I'd feel comfortable to go back yet (many field jobs mean riding to field sites in the same vehicle as co-workers, etc), I've picked up gardening as something to help keep me busy and to feel good about. My first time growing vegetables in containers outside and started keeping succulents again.

I really miss having a job to go to though.

What a creative way to celebrate and share it with others during this time!

One of my friends met someone from a dating site this past month. They didn't do well at social distancing and were inside. Guessing masks weren't a priority since they were eating at some point. Although, my younger brother was here for a bit and no one thought of putting on masks. I didn't think of it until after he left, and was like, SH**!!! We need to remember to wear them! Also, since my older brother moved out recently, once he is working back as his office, he should be wearing his mask when he comes in, and my mom and I should wear ours, just in case. My mom said she talked to him and if he will be around others, he will wear the mask when he comes over. For me that is not good enough and he should be wearing it as soon as he starts working back in his office. I've seen him only worried about wearing his mask if there are many other people. When we stopped at a gas station he only wore his mask if the gas station looked busy, and it seemed like he was trying to protect himself only. I called him out and told him he needs to wear it anyway because we don't know if we have it and to protect the staff that works there! So no way in heck am I trusting him to wear if when he deems it necessary. Hope this isn't an additional source of stress, ugh.

Isabelle is at the vet. She was dropped off and will be seen when my vet has time. Hopefully will get a call in the next hour or two with an update.

This is my last week of class. At the end, I'll have two associate degrees. I feel like I've really come a long way.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
A little glitch in the matrix perhaps? One of the guppies had a deep rip in his tail fin yesterday. I figured he snagged it on something or one of the females told him off. Fast forward to this morning, I woke up and went to check on it and it's gone. I don't know if that is possible... I've never heard of fins healing over night. Especially ones torn as his was. I also don't really see any evidence that it was ever ripped. Maybe I'm going crazy I thought... But I have a video from yesterday and in the video, you can see the injury briefly. Oh man, I probably just need more sleep or something.

Babies are 1 week old today! Looking more like fish now.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Isabelle was too wiggly for the doctor to do the exam on her lower back, and they want to sedate her to be able to exam her, which will be $142 extra. Worried if they suggest other tests because it was almost $200 for the exam and bloodwork. 😭😭😭😭😭 I'm having a melt down, but this is also important and she needs to be checked out...

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awesome! And understandable, corona put a kink in many people's plans, etc. It did the opposite concerning gardening for me. Since I'm not working currently and not sure when I'd feel comfortable to go back yet (many field jobs mean riding to field sites in the same vehicle as co-workers, etc), I've picked up gardening as something to help keep me busy and to feel good about. My first time growing vegetables in containers outside and started keeping succulents again.

I really miss having a job to go to though.
For me I'm very high risk and can't get my hands on any plants and it makes me sad. BUT I have a spider plant who's put off so many spiderettes that I dug pots out of my shed and I'm going to transplant some baby spider plants today!

june14 (23).jpg

Here's my spider plant and his spawn.

A little glitch in the matrix perhaps? One of the guppies had a deep rip in his tail fin yesterday. I figured he snagged it on something or one of the females told him off. Fast forward to this morning, I woke up and went to check on it and it's gone. I don't know if that is possible... I've never heard of fins healing over night. Especially ones torn as his was. I also don't really see any evidence that it was ever ripped. Maybe I'm going crazy I thought... But I have a video from yesterday and in the video, you can see the injury briefly. Oh man, I probably just need more sleep or something.

Babies are 1 week old today! Looking more like fish now.
That definitely sounds like a glitch in the matrix to me. How strange, my dad used to have so many guppies and I've never seen a fin injury heal overnight!

I love the little babies!

Well, Isabelle was too wiggly for the doctor to do the exam on her lower back, and they want to sedate her to be able to exam her, which will be $142 extra. Worried if they suggest other tests because it was almost $200 for the exam and bloodwork. 😭😭😭😭😭 I'm having a melt down, but this is also important and she needs to be checked out...
Oh no! So many good thoughts for Isabelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.