The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Well..my mom in the nursing home with kidney failure..is holding on..Shes still not eating enough or drinking enough...Me n her talk on phone everyday..sometimes 3 times aday...And at times she sounds good..then other days..shes weak and nauseated and tired...The situation stays on my mind lately...:(🤦‍♀️

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting very annoyed that after 10 days I still cannot find this SD card. I need this card by this evening as well so waiting on a delivery from Amazon is not an option. Stores are closed near me that have them. I have swept this basement over a hundred times, checked the dustpan, everything. How on earth can this thing just disappear? That's what's on my mind.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys consider screaming/anger as a form of domestic violence? It sure feels like it sometimes, even though it's not being physically hit.
Definitly. My father is like this. Very emotionally abusive. He will yell in anger at every little thing and play the victim to make my mom and I feel bad. Just this morning, he yelled at us and told us that we don't care about him and never do anything for him. Which obviously isn't true. It ruined my entire day. I'm very sensitive to being yelled at and when other people do it, I break down. He's been doing this since I was little and I was never taught healthy ways to express my emotions so I've started becoming just like him.

Anyway, tonight, I watched a movie with a friend from school and it was good. Might do it again soon with more people. Netflix Party that is... not at my house of course.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Aislyn hasn't been here since Christmas, we broke quarantine a little bit and both kids are staying with John's mom tonight. I've never spent a night away from Aedan. But, it's best to do the first time now than to wait until I'm in the hospital having his little sister. Still, I'm not sure I'm handling it very well. I cried. And I have a feeling sleeping is going to be difficult.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Aislyn hasn't been here since Christmas, we broke quarantine a little bit and both kids are staying with John's mom tonight. I've never spent a night away from Aedan. But, it's best to do the first time now than to wait until I'm in the hospital having his little sister. Still, I'm not sure I'm handling it very well. I cried. And I have a feeling sleeping is going to be difficult.
Awwww....how did he feel about going? Any phone calls about him wanting to come home?💖 :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never taught healthy ways to express my emotions so I've started becoming just like him.
This is exactly what I was worried about. Because when she is screaming in my face, my first reaction is to scream back. But that's just feeding into the domestic violence. So what is the right reaction? Just walk away? I'm a non-violent person, I don't want her changing that about me.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm getting very annoyed that after 10 days I still cannot find this SD card. I need this card by this evening as well so waiting on a delivery from Amazon is not an option. Stores are closed near me that have them. I have swept this basement over a hundred times, checked the dustpan, everything. How on earth can this thing just disappear? That's what's on my mind.
Maybe your cat hid it from you!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Move out as soon as you can. There is no reason you should be verbally abused. Believe me
when I say it can hurt more than physical abuse and leave emotional scarring. :hugs:
Moving out is expensive, especially with 2 cats. I just don't see a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.