The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you find them confused about when it comes to gender roles?

I personally don't like gender-based expectations. I am me, and don't want anyone having expectations/requirements about how I should behave based on my chromosomes or body parts. But I also want to help the young men I know to live successful lives. I hope those things aren't mutually exclusive :/.

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you find them confused about when it comes to gender roles?

I personally don't like gender-based expectations. I am me, and don't want anyone having expectations/requirements about how I should behave based on my chromosomes or body parts. But I also want to help the young men I know to live successful lives. I hope those things aren't mutually exclusive :/.
Dont know what you are talking about gender roles..has nothing to do with what I am discussing.
I am talking about how to behave..how to make correct decisions, how to bring up a family.
And how to provide unity and not division.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I bought this coffee table on line. It was supposed to be teak driftwood with a glass top. The pic looked rather sculptural but when I got it that was no way driftwood and there was nothing sculptural about it. Rather it looked like somebody's firewood nailed together. From the top you could see that a rather straight narrow piece that looked like a board had been jammed into one of the spaces. Needless to say it is going back. Now the jammer: this thing weighs 50 lbs and they want me to bring it back to the FedEx office. I can barely move the thing and they want me to pick it up and put it in my car? When I had to return an item before they came and picked it up and that item I COULD pick up myself. I will have to ask one of my male neighbors who have more muscles than I have to put the thing in my car and have the FedEx people take it out. What a pain!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom just doesn't seem to understand why the boys shouldn't have access to food 24-7 because "out in the wild" they can eat whenever. First of all, cats outside have to work for their food. They are always getting exercise, and unfortunately, they don't always get to eat when they are hungry. The boys, however, have the luxury of just watching us pour food in their bowls without them lifting a finger.

She's been doing better with not giving them dry during the day, but it's almost like she tries making me feel guilty when I don't give them food every second they want it. "They're hungry :((".

IT. IS. OKAY. IF. THEY. ARE. HUNGRY. SOMETIMES.

THEY. EAT. WHEN. BORED.

THEY. ARE. OVERWEIGHT.

And it's not because they eat three wet meals a day. It's due to free-feeding dry. It's also because when my mom gives them dry she fills their bowls up way too much, while I give a very small handful. They LOVE their Vital Essentials freeze-dried mini nibs Entree' (that is a mouth full lol) so they tend to eat a lot in one sitting. They will eat it right after eating a full wet meal.

It's a snack. A treat. NOT A MEAL.

It's okay to give them a little dry as a snack. KEYWORD A "LITTLE".

I really need a job with hours that allows me more control of their diet because I have a headache.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let my cats free feed, but they're all a healthy weight. They play together and whatnot and it works for them. If they started having weight problems, I will absolutely deal with them being whiny brats while I put them on a diet. Every cat is different and you know your cat's needs better than anyone else.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you guys set your clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time, do you set it so you lose an hour of sleep that night, or do you set it the next day and lose an hour of your day? I asked this question on Facebook, but nobody knew what I was talking about. It makes perfect sense in my mind. :headscratch:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you guys set your clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time, do you set it so you lose an hour of sleep that night, or do you set it the next day and lose an hour of your day? I asked this question on Facebook, but nobody knew what I was talking about. It makes perfect sense in my mind. :headscratch:

When we "spring" ahead in spring, we lose an hour. When we "fall" back in fall, we gain an hour. Hope that helps!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean! But most people have to set it the night before because they have to go to work/church/whatever on time, so most people don't think of it. Plus now cell phones/tablets/computers all set themselves so we don't even have to reset most clocks. I use my cell phone and tablet as alarm clocks so I didn't reset anything, it all happened automatically at 2 am.

My mom likes to set her clocks ahead about 5 pm the night before, so she goes to bed on time, lol.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It happens automatically for me (on my phone).

I manually set my stove and other devices.

Honestly, what is the purpose of doing this? Having this daylight savings time ritual in place... I've just always viewed it as an annoyance.

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . -

I went to a chair show today. The second year students in our program were showcasing the chairs they built. It was nice to see the final because we work in the same shop so I got to see their chairs from scratch. And it was also nice getting to talk with the upper year students.

Status
Not open for further replies.