The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dunkin' has a free donut offer going on right now. It's every Friday this month only. The catch: you need to be a DD Perks Reward member and use the Dunkin app on your phone.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't like chocolate. Mocha is okay though. I think that has coffee in it.
Not the only person, but maybe 1 of only 2 people who don't like chocolate. ;) My best friend in high school didn't eat chocolate.
Dunkin' has a free donut offer going on right now. It's every Friday this month only. The catch: you need to be a DD Perks Reward member and use the Dunkin app on your phone.

[/URL]
Thanks for the heads up! Sadly, my phone is too old and their app doesn't work anymore for me. Poo!

The rewards program is free for anyone interested!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting to hear back from grad school, but received official confirmation I was accepted for the small mammal sampling position. Although, I've been seriously thinking about if I should take it the past couple of days. All three people I interviewed with seemed stressed and cranky, while the other jobs I've been interviewed for the employers sounded really nice, positive, welcoming, and like they want their people to succeed. The work is everything I wanted, especially having such a strong interest in small mammals, and it would allow me more of a field supervisor position, which may be important for future full-time permanent jobs. But if the moods of all three I've spoken to are any indication of the work environment, not sure if this is the place/job for me. :alright::heartshape:

On the bright side, have another interview request! :cheerleader: This one is fish sampling! Someone I worked with a couple summers ago applied for it, too. She's awesome, so how neat would it be if we both were accepted and worked together?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my kidney stones were caused by a constant struggle to stay hydrated in such a hot, dry climate. Like I said, I haven't had any issues since I got out of the desert but I seemed to get stones every few months while I was there.

I absolutely refuse to give up chocolate for any reason. Never gonna happen.
Don't think so, but everybody is different.
I've was born in and have lived in the desert all my life. Never had a kidney stone. However, I drink A LOT of water.
I think it's more likely the quality of the water you were/are drinking and not the amount.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting to hear back from grad school, but received official confirmation I was accepted for the small mammal sampling position. Although, I've been seriously thinking about if I should take it the past couple of days. All three people I interviewed with seemed stressed and cranky, while the other jobs I've been interviewed for the employers sounded really nice, positive, welcoming, and like they want their people to succeed. The work is everything I wanted, especially having such a strong interest in small mammals, and it would allow me more of a field supervisor position, which may be important for future full-time permanent jobs. But if the moods of all three I've spoken to are any indication of the work environment, not sure if this is the place/job for me. :alright::heartshape:

On the bright side, have another interview request! :cheerleader: This one is fish sampling! Someone I worked with a couple summers ago applied for it, too. She's awesome, so how neat would it be if we both were accepted and worked together?
This is so good! Congratulations!😄

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stella and Chewy's wet food is next on the chopping block ready for judgemental tomorrow morning. It appears while sometimes they like Dr. Elsey's, most of the time they still prefer their feline natural. I'm also gonna try Evanger's rabbit. I am unsure about this brand since it says it's for dogs and cats despite both animals having different nutritional needs, but I'm desperate lol

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you guys order your Cappuccinos or Lattes at Dunkin' or Starbucks? There are so many choices!

Do you get whole milk?
Do you get sweetener like sugar or just the flavor syrup like Vanilla?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it made with half & half :paperbag: . Usually costs more though. So most of the time I get it with whole milk and add some half & half at the sugar bar. If I get a flavored syrup that's sweet enough without more sugar, but sometimes I don't want it flavored so I just add sugar.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
S&C was not a success. I'm not surprised. They've been eating Feline Natural for so long that introducing new wet food has become difficult. Raw isn't a problem as long as it's a protein they recognize like rabbit and the right texture.

I bought them those slow feeder balls in hopes they will enjoy "hunting it" and getting rewards. I'm thinking of filling them up at night instead of putting the dry food in their bowls. They LOVE LOVE Vital Essentials mini rabbit nibs (which I found out is considered an Entree' and not treats), and even if they had just eaten a good meal the moment the food hits the bowls Finny is up and eating more. So might as well give him a bit of a challenge and exercise while he's at it lol Teddy too.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about kidney stones as Katie has them and she is so young. About 25 years ago, my niece through marriage got
them as well. She was about 25, pregnant and lived in New Jersey because her husband was transferred. She had been having a rough time with the move from here to there, being extremely close to her family. The pain became so severe that she came back to her parent's house in Ohio and her husband came on weekends. It was so bad that they gave her strong narcotics but that didn't ease the pain as it should. Her being pregnant didn't help matters as she didn't want to take the meds but doc insisted. She spent a few days in the hospital. She finally passed a fairly large stone according to doc. She was fine after that. No one in my family has had them and
it makes me wonder if it's a genetic thing.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is Felix and Fayola. I started a thread because Felix was pooping on the floor but it turns out, they both were. I've since separated them and they are much happier when the other isn't in their space. Fayola is more recieving of love and affection and Felix is kicking play matches with me constantly now which I take as a sign that he is in a very good mood. I'm wondering if there is a way to strengthen their very nonexistent bond.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking/worrying about the mid twenties employees I have at work. Two of them have either no or weak father figures in their lives and have adopted me as their advice giver and de facto father.
Their generation and the confusion about male roles and all the other garbage they have been fed...I despair of their future and as both are engaged to be married soon, the upbringing of their kids and family when they have them.
I can just hope I am giving them the right advice on life and how they are to be strong and wise.
They say as you get older you get more responsibility for things.
They aren't kidding.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can just hope I am giving them the right advice on life and how they are to be strong and wise.
I'm thinking you are, and they're lucky they have you to talk to, plus they may be better off than some, since they turned to you :)

What's on my mind? hummingbirds, sandhill cranes, betta fish OH and cats lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.