The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat chew the ribbon from a balloon. Day or two later, he pooped it out. Well...mostly all the way out. :oops:
We had ribbons from the balloons from the baby shower, and Sparkle was eating them somehow and throwing them up. So we got them all thrown away and where she couldn't reach them, but then the Christmas presents came in. It's a never ending battle.

Also, Lelia likes to chew cardboard. There are tooth hole marks in the corner of the box containing my breast pump because I'd left it out. :rolleyes2: I just sort of shake my head at this point.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey and Artie, before him; both notorious plastic, string, anything out of the ordinary, chewers.

I have to cautiously throw out any ribbon, thread, dental floss. With Plastic, it is incredible. I swear Geoffrey smells it from 2 rooms away!! OMG... so bad..

I was hot during the night. I could not open the window because of the ice sealing it shut.
I pulled the covers back, I guess, I exposed my waist. Geoffrey saw the ties of the pajama bottoms.

I heard, 'chomp, chomp, chomp" Opened my eyes, expecting to see him vomiting... Nope, He was spitting out the ends of the ties!!! OMG....
The ties were soaking wet. I think he was trying to swallow them!! OMG>.

Woke up to a large hair ball---and another area of just vomit... UGH...

Still not quite himself. Ice is melting off the windowsills, falling.. this is causing Geoffrey to jump each time another piece of ice falls.... He is not eating much.. I think he still has a tummy ache.. Not relaxing... nervous today.

He has a nice clean litter box.... so He will be happy with it.. Now the upstairs neighbor is cleaning!! She makes so much noise.. throwing things around, banging.. yet, she does not think she does.. It sounds much louder when you are below it. Geoffrey is on the bed, looking at the ceiling.. expecting something to come down!!!
I keep saying, "it's ok; it's ok"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles did chew off the string from one pj pants. She loves batting them. She also bit through the water line to the fridge shortly after we moved in here. She’d hear the ice maker refilling the tray and go sit and stare at the back side of the fridge. We had to tape the line out of reach and block the fridge with a shoe rack. Goofy cat! I don’t remember her bothering the breastpump parts I had; but if there is tubing you might want to watch that Lari Lari . I lived attached to that thing for 4 1/2 weeks until we had a blizzard knock out the power and couldn’t use it. That wasn’t fun! 🤪

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noodles did chew off the string from one pj pants. She loves batting them. She also bit through the water line to the fridge shortly after we moved in here. She’d hear the ice maker refilling the tray and go sit and stare at the back side of the fridge. We had to tape the line out of reach and block the fridge with a shoe rack. Goofy cat! I don’t remember her bothering the breastpump parts I had; but if there is tubing you might want to watch that Lari Lari . I lived attached to that thing for 4 1/2 weeks until we had a blizzard knock out the power and couldn’t use it. That wasn’t fun! 🤪
Will do! I don't care about the box, but obviously I want the pump in good condition!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat chew the ribbon from a balloon. Day or two later, he pooped it out. Well...mostly all the way out. :oops:
have to ask... my mental picture from what you mentioned... was it hanging out of his... bum bum...? What happened next? Was it easy to get out...? Did you have to wait for it to come out by itself?

My cats can seek out and smell rubber bands. Sunnie also loooooves shoe strings and will take advantage of me wearing a hoodie sweatshirt. I'll think he's coming over very innocently for attention, until he reaches out with his mouth or paw to grasp and chew the string. Have to tuck them into my sweatshirt or fling them over my shoulder out of reach.

Not sure how the kittens do with presents, but the tree is upstairs where Sunnie is and he is notoriously known for munching on present decorations. My mom is also worried about him chewing on the paper, so gifts will not be put out until we are ready to open them.

Tree was just put up this week though. Feeling more holiday-like with the lights sparkling on the tree.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have to ask... my mental picture from what you mentioned... was it hanging out of his... bum bum...? What happened next? Was it easy to get out...? Did you have to wait for it to come out by itself?

My cats can seek out and smell rubber bands. Sunnie also loooooves shoe strings and will take advantage of me wearing a hoodie sweatshirt. I'll think he's coming over very innocently for attention, until he reaches out with his mouth or paw to grasp and chew the string. Have to tuck them into my sweatshirt or fling them over my shoulder out of reach.

Not sure how the kittens do with presents, but the tree is upstairs where Sunnie is and he is notoriously known for munching on present decorations. My mom is also worried about him chewing on the paper, so gifts will not be put out until we are ready to open them.

Tree was just put up this week though. Feeling more holiday-like with the lights sparkling on the tree.
Yes it was hanging out of his butt and yes it was easy to get out albeit a little unnerving. Luckily it was short so it wasn't stuck and it pulled right out.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it was hanging out of his butt and yes it was easy to get out albeit a little unnerving. Luckily it was short so it wasn't stuck and it pulled right out.
Thank goodness it was easy to get out. My worst fear is if something is hanging out and you go to tug to help get it out, but causes distress. Glad it was short and wasn't stuck.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why are people so hateful to people that are different ? i was on a facebook group for pen pals and someone made a staement that she didnt want a transgender person to write her... i dont see the harm with it myself
That makes me sad to hear. One of my old friends boyfriends lives as her true self now and it made me happy to hear she is able to be who she is and fully embrace it. It takes a lot of strength and self love to be yourself, especially when there are people like that poster that openly reject them.

My brother dropped of my nephew's Christmas presents today. 4 large plates of chocolate and a large box of instant coffee, lol. They know me well. :flail: 🥰
What kinds of chocolate??? That is my kind of present!

can i come over ? just kidding
... me, too?? Joking! (But am I...?) ;) enjoy your chocolates!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes me sad to hear. One of my old friends boyfriends lives as her true self now and it made me happy to hear she is able to be who she is and fully embrace it. It takes a lot of strength and self love to be yourself, especially when there are people like that poster that openly reject them.
i support that community and am a part of it myself .why do people have to be so hateful ? i dont get it??

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about the rest of the world but VA and MD have been experiencing a Christmas tree shortage. Not sure if everyone is buying theirs early or the lots didn't buy as much but all the tree lots ran out of trees really early this year. I wonder what people who buy their trees on Christmas Eve are going to do.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange bansee like sounds being heard. Lots of shares on FB friends pages (20 to 40 miles apart with city inbetween). Wondering if this is prelude to New Madrid fault (since St Louis is on the fault line). Just weird, all animals and pets here are spooked. No one reported to news so it's just our word against the media (for what it's worth these days). I doubt an animal or bird could be heard that far away at exactly the same time.

And no it is not a cougar, a fox, an owl or coyote. People have heard this same sound at exact time 40 miles apart of each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.