Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom 15!!! What were his health issues? I knew he was unwell but didn't know why.

Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca Your babies are beautiful!! They look older than 3 and 5 months.

furmonster mom furmonster mom I hope the Princess will give your lap a try. She must have a big crush on your husband.💝
W WillowMarie Hope you're ok out there!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What were his health issues?
He had major liver/bile/pancreas issues over Memorial day weekend at the end of May 2019. I was out of town and had to rush back because he simply stopped eating. With meds, and subq fluids for about 6-7 weeks, we got him through it. After a couple more weeks his digestive system started to function at a normal level and he was able to absorb the nutrients from his food and gained the weight back. He gets milk thistle twice a day. He can't tolerate any people snacks, probiotics or supplements, only his regular food and cat treats, but he's himself now, with zoomies, a happy tail and bright eyes and ears --especially when he wants something lol.

So on my mind; wondering what caused that illness, for him and every other cat that has this happen, and appreciation now every time that he eats :)

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
One week update on the Dashing Diva nail strips...
They have held up very well so far. There is some weird curling at the sides (sort of like wrinkles) but it doesn't seem to he affecting the strips adhesion to my nails.

Other than that, they are great! No lifting or anything like that. I wash my hands a lot and they've haven't shown any signs of wear.

You can also see how much my nails have grown since I applied the strips.
15788581410847307490334884181.jpg

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca

I'm so sorry. You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm so happy the kittens are helping. Hopefully your son will
get through this manic phase soon, months is a long time.

Love,

Mia :hugs: :redheartpump:
Thank you Mia. It is a long time...I appreciate your support (and everyone else that’s respond ❤

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
One week update on the Dashing Diva nail strips...
They have held up very well so far. There is some weird curling at the sides (sort of like wrinkles) but it doesn't seem to he affecting the strips adhesion to my nails.

Other than that, they are great! No lifting or anything like that. I wash my hands a lot and they've haven't shown any signs of wear.

You can also see how much my nails have grown since I applied the strips.
View attachment 317314
Maybe I need to try those strips, my nails are the same if not worse since I have used the horse stuff but my hands and feet feel good. Little half-moon pieces chip off when I haven't done anything, just suddenly I feel the nails get caught on my clothes and there is that chip gone from the front of the nail and I have to cut the whole thing off. Little bubbles form at the tip of the nail and then the top layer of the nail lifts off and the rest of the nail just shreds because now it is so thin and my nails are not thick to begin with.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I need to try those strips, my nails are the same if not worse since I have used the horse stuff but my hands and feet feel good. Little half-moon pieces chip off when I haven't done anything, just suddenly I feel the nails get caught on my clothes and there is that chip gone from the front of the nail and I have to cut the whole thing off. Little bubbles form at the tip of the nail and then the top layer of the nail lifts off and the rest of the nail just shreds because now it is so thin and my nails are not thick to begin with.
My only concern if you used the nail strips is that they night peel off layers of your nail when being removed.

When applying them, you have to dry your nail bed out with rubbing alcohol. I don't normally have a problem with peeling so I didn't mind doing it but they way you are describing your nails, I'd hate for the strips to ruin your natural nails.

However, I found them to be very protective for my natural nail. In the past, at this length, I would have experienced breakage already but the strips add a flexible layer of protection. Now, when my nails hit something, they just bend instead of breaking.

I hope I've helped in some way. If you want to experiment with them, you can try maybe just one nail at first and see how that goes. Just be careful of peeling because the adhesive is pretty strong. You might need to remove with lots of oil (soaking your hands in cooking oil before removing the strips) to help lift them off and reduce damage. Or you could just leave them on for a long time until the adhesive starts getting weak and they fall off by themselves.

But like I said, try them and see what works for you!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom 15!!! What were his health issues? I knew he was unwell but didn't know why.

Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca Your babies are beautiful!! They look older than 3 and 5 months.

furmonster mom furmonster mom I hope the Princess will give your lap a try. She must have a big crush on your husband.💝
W WillowMarie Hope you're ok out there!
They are older now. Jemima is 7 mths and 20 day and Lucca, my Sherman tank is 4 mths and 17 days 🤗. And Jemima is actually small for her age (according to our vet) and Lucca is huge at 9lbs...Jemima is almost 7lbs

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! So far so good for their health. Jemima has an itch but we’re working on it and the combination seems to be helping. I’ve tried the fish oil and egg lethicin. I also brush her more often.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
She’s never had a bath ever...maybe she had a missing nutritional vitamin although I feed her very good cat food. I kind of think she’s got sensitive, dry skin. I now give her fish oil and it seems to help.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
what a charming cat
Thank you :)! He was so funny this morning, more zoomies and toy chasing lol

On my mind, I'm looking at an absolutely HUGE purple/amethyst cathedral geode crystal, probably nearly 4 feet tall with two "branches" so it's at least 2.5 ft wide, in this oral surgeon's office..!

Status
Not open for further replies.