The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me after a stupid mouse somehow lodged itself behind my bookshelf (DESPITE BEING BOLTED TO THE WALL) and made Teddy spend all night trying to stick his paw behind it, creating a constant, grating scratching sound from his claws:
tenorccc.gif

968b668b3d7b390b9e6937b5f1faba32.jpg

d0484fdac442c9dc510a9edcdb52f9ea.jpg

Yeah you better hide, you little cheese-eating bastard, because
giphy (2).gif

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My only concern if you used the nail strips is that they night peel off layers of your nail when being removed.

When applying them, you have to dry your nail bed out with rubbing alcohol. I don't normally have a problem with peeling so I didn't mind doing it but they way you are describing your nails, I'd hate for the strips to ruin your natural nails.

However, I found them to be very protective for my natural nail. In the past, at this length, I would have experienced breakage already but the strips add a flexible layer of protection. Now, when my nails hit something, they just bend instead of breaking.

I hope I've helped in some way. If you want to experiment with them, you can try maybe just one nail at first and see how that goes. Just be careful of peeling because the adhesive is pretty strong. You might need to remove with lots of oil (soaking your hands in cooking oil before removing the strips) to help lift them off and reduce damage. Or you could just leave them on for a long time until the adhesive starts getting weak and they fall off by themselves.

But like I said, try them and see what works for you!
Leaving them on until they fall off by themselves would probably be my choice and trying just one nail at first also seems to be a good idea. The adhesive itself does not damage the natural nail? That was always my concern when I saw people getting nails put on in a salon and then had "fills" put in where the nail had grown out. Seemed pretty expensive too but then they had their hair done just about every week too and I never could afford that.
Thank you everybody, people here are so helpful although not everything here has to do with cats.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 317426

They love each other so much.
I also have a black and a red cat besides the sealpoint but although they have lived together for 3 or 4 years I would never catch them doing what yours do. The red wants to be friends so bad with everybody cat (although not people) but the black one constantly puts up his paw in an aggressive fashion and even bats at either cat. What a naughty boy! He has been with me for over 10 years so he should not be jealous, he's the one who sleeps with me cuddled up, the other two are elsewhere on the bed. But he is the youngest at 14 and actually the largest at 15 lbs. Like I said, what a naughty boy!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)! He was so funny this morning, more zoomies and toy chasing lol

On my mind, I'm looking at an absolutely HUGE purple/amethyst cathedral geode crystal, probably nearly 4 feet tall with two "branches" so it's at least 2.5 ft wide, in this oral surgeon's office..!
Holy cow, that's huge! Wonder if they are using it for the crystals energy or if it is just a kool piece of art to them. I just looked it up and amethyst is supposed to help with physical ailments. Bet that looked pretty neat!

Me after a stupid mouse somehow lodged itself behind my bookshelf (DESPITE BEING BOLTED TO THE WALL) and made Teddy spend all night trying to stick his paw behind it, creating a constant, grating scratching sound from his claws:
View attachment 317418
View attachment 317419
View attachment 317420

Yeah you better hide, you little cheese-eating bastard, because
View attachment 317421
That's rough. :( Did the mouse ever come out or move?

View attachment 317426

They love each other so much.
What cuties! Love it when kitties cuddle! My new kittens are the only cats I've had that cuddle one another, although sometimes Isabelle tolerates them touching her, too.
:hugs:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These things are real (I think the really big ones are several thousand dollars) and they're beautiful - I've seen much smaller versions in touristy places et al, that can fit in your hand, sit on a shelf.... I always want one but figure it'll be the absolute WORST dust collecting knickknack on the planet LOL

[/URL]
I've seen those at Gem Fairs and gem shows where things are always much cheaper. I used to go to one that came around in SoCal 5 times a year where I bought all my jewelry supplies (I only used real gem stones and sterling silver) and I am sorely going to miss one here if I can't find one. I know there is one in Sacramento but that is a 2 hour drive away from here, yikes! I thought I had a picture of one here but it turns out I don't. The smaller ones, actually quite large, are really not that expensive and if you believe that crystals have some kind of power then go for it, get one that you really like, enjoy its beauty, if dirty then just wash it with water, try a really hard spray (it's just a rock, remember?) to get all the dirt out of the nooks and cranny.
I've got a geode that has some kind of crystals in it, no idea what kind, just pretty and once a year it gets a good scrubbing. This was bought as a "thunder egg" at some gem show many years ago, you picked your own "egg" and they would saw it in half right before your eyes. Sometimes it was just a rock, other times it had beautiful crystals inside. The lighter it was the more likely it would have a hollow inside and thus even more likely to have crystals. Chances were about even as it is very difficult to detect a difference in weight in a rock just the size of a fist by just holding it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This was bought as a "thunder egg" at some gem show many years ago, you picked your own "egg" and they would saw it in half right before your eyes. Sometimes it was just a rock, other times it had beautiful crystals inside.
I remember seeing this somewhere, what fun! Lol, good point about how to keep 'em clean :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, people, I've got wheels again, not new but they are new for me. A Subaru Forester, beautiful blue with just a few small dents, inside is kind of dirty but I have some slipcovers from another vehicle somewhere that should fill the bill, at least there are no rips. My son came with me to check it out, no drips, the whole top of the motor has been rebuilt, it's the kind of vehicle I wanted, the price was right although the miles were a little higher than I wanted but it's mine, all mine, I owe nothing on it but to get it registered and get my insurance adjusted. Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.