The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be praying and having positive thoughts that he will survive the surgery and not have any of those effects from it. I can only imagine how your sister and brother in law are suffering, the fear they are facing. Shane is smiling and trying to be brave, but we know he is scared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Congrats on your sister's pregnancy! Yes the heat makes the heart work harder! Hoping she stays in and cooler to help relieve that feeling like her head will pop off..that's what heat does to me. My head starts to pulse and feels like it will pop right off.

I forgot to post pictures of Bee. She is absolutely adorable-got her shaved in the first week of June. It's been humid and she has asthma and I can tell she's having a hard time breathing when it's hot-so we have been making sure she gets her puffs right on time=I am a bad mommy and fell asleep a few nights last month and didn't give her her puffs.

Honeybee hisses and howls at the groomers but last time we were there, she kept jumping into the lady's arms instead of being on the table. Bee got her claws clipped which is good because they were razor sharp. Bee loves her hair cut=but she's back to grooming so much again so we may get her buzzed in the middle of July-she keeps puking so not sure if it's the heat or her overgrooming! I am sure your animals feel so much better without all the fur Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily !!! I think they know it makes them feel better! Bee prances around afterwards..Floey used to as well.

I HATE THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY
I would sit in the lake all day if I could. In fact that's my favorite thing. Float around on a pool noodle and just feel the water....

View attachment 290417 View attachment 290418
The Bee is lovely!! and she knows it!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Severe storms last night. Big Cal was petrified and went under the bed but the Vincie girl hissed so she came out. I looked for her and she was at the bottom of the steps so I coaxed her into the upstairs bathroom where she feels safe. After they quelled she came on the bed and slept with me. When I got up this morning both girls were in the kitchen waiting to go on the deck. I wish Big Cal wouldn't give in to the Vincie girl but always has.

The heat and humidity is stifling for so many people. I'm lucky to have a.c. but I worry about people who don't. Social Services gives window units to those in the most need.

Stay cool!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily

Congrats on your sis's pregnancy! Hope the b.p. stays down.
Thank you! I am so excited. We are having a baby shower and I wanted to do embroidery like this...

But I have no idea what I'd do. Still trying to figure that out. All I know is that I want to make something from scratch. My dad bought me an embroidery picture of a rabbit family and I still have it. I wanted to do something like that for her baby.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've done some more scans and tests. This tumor has caused a new thing in his lungs and they don't know what it is, yet. There's a small spot in each lung.
This is a really unique case. They're asking doctors all over the country, trying to figure out what to do. They've asked to write a case report about it because they've never seen this before. He's such a special kid. This isn't fair.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
They've done some more scans and tests. This tumor has caused a new thing in his lungs and they don't know what it is, yet. There's a small spot in each lung.
This is a really unique case. They're asking doctors all over the country, trying to figure out what to do. They've asked to write a case report about it because they've never seen this before. He's such a special kid. This isn't fair.
When did his problem begin, Alicia?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few months ago, he started having problems with his eyes crossing. My sister took him took him to the eye doctor and was told, "he's fine." But he wasn't. That was the first symptom. A couple weeks ago, he started having headaches and neck pain. He saw the pediatrician Wednesday. Took one look and told my sister to take him to the ER in Columbia. They did the cat scan and found the mass. I found out he was sick on Thursday. Found out how bad it was on Friday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
A few months ago, he started having problems with his eyes crossing. My sister took him took him to the eye doctor and was told, "he's fine." But he wasn't. That was the first symptom. A couple weeks ago, he started having headaches and neck pain. He saw the pediatrician Wednesday. Took one look and told my sister to take him to the ER in Columbia. They did the cat scan and found the mass. I found out he was sick on Thursday. Found out how bad it was on Friday.
I hope the surgery will be successful and he'll make a full recovery.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This: Scientists Just Discovered That Drinking Coffee Does Something Absolutely Amazing to Your Body is one of the reasons I think it would be a controlled substance (and I've read several articles like this in the last year or so). Aspirin is regularly prescribed as a lightweight blood thinner, and chocolate (dark chocolate, at least) also has health benefits, and we all know how the government feels about people self-medicating.

Margret
i was prescribed and supplied aspirin (generic Ecotrin) by the VA after my bypass surgery and still take an 81mg. coated aspirin daily for blood thinner.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister said this weekend, they're flying in neurosurgeons from all over the country to sit down and talk about his case in person.
Oh, Alicia88 Alicia88 , heartfelt *PRAYERS* for your handsome and brave nephew. If there can be said to be any upside in this, it is that since his case is so unusual, and so many doctors are going to be involved, it can not only increase his chances for success, it may also be beneficial financially for the family.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for putting a positive spin on it. I just kept thinking that I didn't want Shane to be the Guinea pig and wondering how likely they would be to get it right the first time, because that's what he needs.
Well, there is that, of course. But the gravity of these matters will require the finest medical minds and training, which is what is happening. Of course we do not know how many people have had this set of circumstances -- for all I know, it may be unprecedented, so it is all the more important that the very best care be made available. *PRAYERS* that it will be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.