The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm falling apart. I've been having some shoulder issues, and have been waiting to talk to my physical therapist sister about it and see what she recommends and if I should lower the weights I'm lifting, but then last night I accidentally sliced my finger open while trying to cut up a sweet potato, my ankle all of a sudden started bothering me, and then twisting while I was saying something to fiancé, I tweaked my back, which has the ice pack on it now.

I'm so glad I've decided to skip zumba tomorrow since my normal instructor's on vacation and there'd be a sub. I would not be able to handle it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My son just got his first job offer. A mental health counseling center in town wants him for a case manager position. Unfortunately, they can't hire him until he's 21, which is the first part of August (so only 5 weeks). They have already started the ball rolling with a background check. They will contact him shortly for fingerprinting, HIPPA and drug testing.
First job in his field and he doesn't even have his Associates of Science yet. I'm a proud mama.
That's so great! Good for him! :celebrate:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm falling apart. I've been having some shoulder issues, and have been waiting to talk to my physical therapist sister about it and see what she recommends and if I should lower the weights I'm lifting, but then last night I accidentally sliced my finger open while trying to cut up a sweet potato, my ankle all of a sudden started bothering me, and then twisting while I was saying something to fiancé, I tweaked my back, which has the ice pack on it now.

I'm so glad I've decided to skip zumba tomorrow since my normal instructor's on vacation and there'd be a sub. I would not be able to handle it.
Better take it easy, Lari. Shoulder, cut, ankle, back....ouch! :alright:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My son just got his first job offer. A mental health counseling center in town wants him for a case manager position. Unfortunately, they can't hire him until he's 21, which is the first part of August (so only 5 weeks). They have already started the ball rolling with a background check. They will contact him shortly for fingerprinting, HIPPA and drug testing.
First job in his field and he doesn't even have his Associates of Science yet. I'm a proud mama.
Proud mama indeed! Congrats!! 21, such a young age!:clap::clap2::cheerleader:

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made it through almost the whole day yesterday without my rib injury hurting at all! Considering it's been basically excruciating pain since about June 5, I'm taking it. It started twinging in the middle of Summer Camp Counselor orientation (I'll be a substitute for STEM camps at schools) about 3:30 after sitting all day to drive up to school for financial aid stuffs and online coursework, but by about 8 pm it was seriously painful. I took Tylenol and crawled under a heating pad despite the fact that it was 85 F.

Libby came to snuggle with me:
20190624_083133.jpg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I made it through almost the whole day yesterday without my rib injury hurting at all! Considering it's been basically excruciating pain since about June 5, I'm taking it. It started twinging in the middle of Summer Camp Counselor orientation (I'll be a substitute for STEM camps at schools) about 3:30 after sitting all day to drive up to school for financial aid stuffs and online coursework, but by about 8 pm it was seriously painful. I took Tylenol and crawled under a heating pad despite the fact that it was 85 F.

Libby came to snuggle with me:View attachment 290315
awww..she knows you're feeling rough. Hope you are better soon! :hugs:
and she is a beauty!

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started bullet journaling this year to help keep track of my businesses (I have an anti poverty think tank, a knitwear design company, and a cemetery preservation firm) as well as the jobs that pay the bills, and decided to throw in a mood tracker to help with anxiety and depression tracking. In May I finally figured out what I need to feel great, and had only five blah days. This month the constant pain for three weeks has really been triggering things mental health wise and the cats were very snuggly for a while, but lately I think they can tell I'm getting better because they aren't snuggling as often or as long.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
This month the constant pain for three weeks has really been triggering things mental health wise and the cats were very snuggly for a while, but lately I think they can tell I'm getting better because they aren't snuggling as often or as long.
Yes, these two issues tend to make one's life a living hell. I'm glad you are on the mend. Wowza, you are very busy! What kind of knitwear do you design?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's a bit ridiculous, honestly, though the finger is safely bandaged up, and the ankle seems to be mostly better this morning. But definitely taking it easy this afternoon once I get home from summer school.
Good luck with summer school. Rest the ankle, though, they are so tricky. Use the RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, these two issues tend to make one's life a living hell. I'm glad you are on the mend. Wowza, you are very busy! What kind of knitwear do you design?
To date this is my favorite piece I've designed. It's the Barmet Bay Cardigan, knitted from Berroco Yarn Remix I got from a local yarn store before they went out of business.

20170610_151222.jpg
20170610_151236.jpg

Attachments

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sooo hot here and humid. I'm going to build a monument to whomever invented a.c. It came on so quickly that my body hasn't had time to acclimate to it. I'm going out for a few mins at a time. Will bring the Vincie girl in soon for her nap.
I wet her down and she has plenty of water but I like her to come in for breaks.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That's so kind of you to wet the Vincie girl down. I've wet my cats down in heat, and I'm told it does help to cool them down *just like it does us when we let our hair dry naturally*
F FflurCadwgawn That is a GORGEOUS sweater!
She hates when I do it but that is the only way she is allowed to be out when it's hot. She was mad when I brought her in for 2 naps today but she got over it. Now she's in for the night. She's so in love with Harvey, he lives on the other side of the duplex. They don't mind that she hangs out there. He is her boy-toy as she will be 19 on 14 July and he is 2. Harvey and his brother go for walks on leashes, ha!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hates when I do it but that is the only way she is allowed to be out when it's hot. She was mad when I brought her in for 2 naps today but she got over it. Now she's in for the night. She's so in love with Harvey, he lives on the other side of the duplex. They don't mind that she hangs out there. He is her boy-toy as she will be 19 on 14 July and he is 2. Harvey and his brother go for walks on leashes, ha!
OMC what is it with these older cats!!! My Elvis, 11 going on 12, has recently decided he's in love with my Tarifa, 15 going on 16. Of course they are neutered and spayed, but that doesn't stop Elvis from trying, and though she's been unwilling thus far, she's sort of flattered, or something. I can tell. :winkcat:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
OMC what is it with these older cats!!! My Elvis, 11 going on 12, has recently decided he's in love with my Tarifa, 15 going on 16. Of course they are neutered and spayed, but that doesn't stop Elvis from trying, and though she's been unwilling thus far, she's sort of flattered, or something. I can tell. :winkcat:
Ha!! I know!! When the Vincie girl first met Harvey they touched noses, then she kissed him! You'll have to get a pic for us. Good name for him!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha!! I know!! When the Vincie girl first met Harvey they touched noses, then she kissed him! You'll have to get a pic for us. Good name for him!
*TYSM* He came to me as Elvis and when his dad asked if I was going to change his name, I responded: "His name is Elvis!" Yes, he's quite a bit like his namesake, apparently. His dog pal in his former home is Priscilla. Oh gosh, I'd be embarrassed to share a picture of him being so brazen! Poor Tarifa is so patient with him, but sometimes, when she's fed up with his many daily attempts, she hisses and whaps him. He usually acts surprised, like "How could anyone refuse ME?" :insertevillaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.