The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It says he charged $500-$750 an hour! Yikes! Around here people generally get $50 or so for a regular-sized driveway, takes maybe 20 minutes if they're good. So they can still make pretty good money but probably not $35,000 in 4 days ;).

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I just measured (with a yardstick) and it's currently 16" and still coming down. It's past my knees. My dogs aren't even that tall. If they pee/poop in the house, we can't get mad. Good thing we have enough supplies to last.
Remember this is ARIZONA - not Fargo or somewhere in Canada.
This entire mountain is shut down. We aren't prepared for this.
My son the big rig driver called me a few days ago from Arizona saying he had to put on chains as it was snowing so hard there and vehicles without chains were not allowed to proceed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my son to class today because he isn't feeling well and it's still icy. This class is in the neighboring town. So, since I had a few hours to waste, I went to the shelter to donate some time. Figured I'd clean litter boxes or something. They had already done them so they let me do some socializing and cuddling. Big Mistake.
One of the cats, as soon as he heard my voice, came out of hiding and started to meow. I cuddled a few of them then went to him. I opened the cage and he immediately climbed up to my shoulder and started purring. After his cuddle, I put him back in his cage and he tried to grab my hand (gently) for more pets.

I now have a new cat.

Samai and Onsa have sniffed noses with him and didn't seem to care. He is currently running around my room with my Schnauzer, but will have to go back into the crate soon. I'll keep him there for a few days until the other animals adjust to him.
His shelter name is Boy. That's going to change.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a post for him on The Cat's Meow. I don't know how to link it (sorry).
I still need a name for him, nothing too common. Been toying with the name Phantom.

Let's see if I figured it out
Meet My New Cat

Unfortunately, Samai is scared to death of him and won't come in my room to cuddle with me. But, it's only been about 3 hours. I'll give her time.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've mentioned the crazy neighbors that fight all the time and wake us up. Well, it's been quiet for about a week. Yesterday, state troopers were by looking for the woman - she has a warrant out for her arrest. Here's the problem - they have a cat. We've heard them calling for it through the walls. I doubt they're the type of people to take it with him. Should I call housing and see if they can go in and check on it? Would they be allowed to? Legally, they can't enter without giving 24 hours notice, but would this be an exception?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kinda think the cat would be screaming about it if he didn't have any food or water (well, most animals locked in an apartment manage to get into the toilet for water, but he'd still be hungry). So hopefully they made arrangements for the cat. But never hurts to get someone to check up on that!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't heard any noise from over there. I called the police and requested a welfare check on an animal.
Very good. I'd follow that up with a call to the manager, just to make sure. They can enter without notice for emergencies, and a starving animal would qualify. Be sure to mention that the cat could, if left without food for more than three days, develope a fatal liver condition. That might get things moving.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the manager. They said they would go in if they hadn't heard anything from them in a couple of days. I couldn't convince them to go sooner. I didn't see the police go by, but we had to go grocery shopping and were gone all afternoon so hopefully they were there while we were out.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They never leave their bedroom, it seems. Our bedroom is right next to theirs. They have an air mattress. They're either fighting, having "adult time" or loudly laughing, talking, bouncing around on that air mattress, etc at all ours of the day or night. They fill the mattress in the middle of the night. We hear everything. We haven't heard a peep in days. So, they're either being as quiet as church mice or they're gone.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a car in her spot and I heard a voice coming from the apartment so I called the cops to tell them I thought she was home. If they arrest her, will they make sure the cat is taken care of?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a car in her spot and I heard a voice coming from the apartment so I called the cops to tell them I thought she was home. If they arrest her, will they make sure the cat is taken care of?
Unless you have an animal loving cop, probably not.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I'm a little upset. I finally was able to answer the call about my 'Federal student loan'. Turns out it's legit. They were looking for someone named Margaret and had my number. I've had this number for about 12 years, so she had to have put the wrong number, or they copied it wrong.
Now I'm getting a spam about knee and back pain. But it's an automated recording. How do you mess with that?
I'm not feeling well today and am a bit cranky. I really needed the pick-me-up of messing with a spammer.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what went on with the neighbors; if she got arrested or if the cat is ok. The police department said they can't update me on the animal welfare check for "privacy" reasons. I just hope that cat is ok. I haven't heard any meowing. Maybe she actually did the right thing and took it with her.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some serious mental help. I was watching the news and they were talking about a documentary that's coming out. Apollo 11. Then they were talking about Buzz and one of them said "and he's still with us".
UM- NO. He died a few years ago.
So I looked it up....He's still alive. Um-no. He died a few years after Armstrong. I know he did, I remember it. And yet he didn't.
If I'm the only one that remembers him dying, then I need to be committed.
I can't be the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.