The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there someone you can speak to "higher up" about what you're doing? I don't know how police units work but maybe a chief or supervisor? What exactly are they harassing you about? Is it being in the parking lot or feeding the cats?

I was so taken aback by their responses. I can't believe how incredibly rude they were to me over something so simple. They read one of my responses and took it out of proportion. Said I was "rebuking" them and "not listening" basically. Ridiculous. I don't understand how they could have caught my "tone" from just reading words I typed on a computer.
I use to be stopped and questioned for being over on a parking lot after the store had closed. When I told them I was feeding the cats they would say okay and walk away. Now they are jumping on me for feeding the cats even though I have permission from the store manager to do that. I have had my car searched, been told to stand up against the car, while they searched me- all the BS from bored small town cops.

I am on a parrot site and they are the same way- always misunderstanding and always so judgemental.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to be stopped and questioned for being over on a parking lot after the store had closed. When I told them I was feeding the cats they would say okay and walk away. Now they are jumping on me for feeding the cats even though I have permission from the store manager to do that. I have had my car searched, been told to stand up against the car, while they searched me- all the BS from bored small town cops.

I am on a parrot site and they are the same way- always misunderstanding and always so judgemental.
Sounds like they're hoping to bust you for drugs or something. They probably want a fun story to bring back to the guys. That's crazy, honestly.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope not.

That betta fish forum I joined is toxic. I'm going to quit it.
I asked a simple question and was basically attacked by two members who when took my response to their harsh response wayyyy out of proportion. Jesus.
All fish forums are like that. My son was lurking on quite a few of them and they were all that way.

My son bought two pea Puffers and is working on a salt water tank for a snowflake moray eel. - oh joy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so taken aback by their responses. I can't believe how incredibly rude they were to me over something so simple. They read one of my responses and took it out of proportion. Said I was "rebuking" them and "not listening" basically. Ridiculous. I don't understand how they could have caught my "tone" from just reading words I typed on a computer.
Unfortunately with fish forums it's their way and you agree with them, or get lost. And if you have a question, then it's "if you don't know then you shouldn't own the fish".
My son has been looking for a non-toxic fish forum for almost a year now. Hasn't found one yet.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately with fish forums it's their way and you agree with them, or get lost. And if you have a question, then it's "if you don't know then you shouldn't own the fish".
My son has been looking for a non-toxic fish forum for almost a year now. Hasn't found one yet.
That's unfortunate. I don't need that kind of attitude in my life right now so good riddance to them.

They said:
After reviewing your other posts I can now understand why you want to leave. Please contact a Moderator and ask them to delete the account. It's too bad the questions you ask and the answers that were given did not suit you. Since you had researched the questions first and had gotten your answers already. Because those answers were cut and dried in black and white. Sorry to burst your bubble, but in fish keeping there are many answers and cures for the same problem. Nothing is cut and dried. What works for one may not work for every one or every situation. But it is quite evident in reading your other posts that you didn't want help or other opinion's. I feel that we (the ones that tried to give our opinions and best answers ) were rebuked because you already had it in your mind we were wrong and our help was not needed.

Contact the mods.

That was in response to this:
Thank you.

I wasn't trying to start it today, next week, or even next month. Just trying to gather information because while researching, I see a lot of conflicting results.

I was told a male can be introduced into a sorority as long as it's well established before hand and the tank is big enough + heavily planted.

Also, wasn't looking to breed them either. Was just asking if housing them together was possible.

How is it "evident" from what I said that I didn't want help or other's opinions??

The person previously stated was also defending this person who said in response to my questions about betta sorority...
I’m going to be frivolous, and say ‘if you are asking those questions, then you are not ready to start a sorority’ - but of course you already know that 🙂 or you wouldn’t be asking🙂

My advice would be to read up on the many sorority articles out there, and then get a bigger tank than they say. Then plant it with huge numbers of plants, and let them grow and thicken til they fill the tank. That will take months. Plenty of time for a fish less cycle. Add many, many caves and shelters. Then add the girls all at once, while immature. And don’t add a boy.

But, in all honesty, I would not advise you to try a sorority unless you have masses of experience and already know the answers to all your questions.

Sorry to be so negative. Genuinely sorry.
But if you have a look through previous sorority threads, they rarely turn out to be successful long lasting setups. And the stress levels often lead to unhappy, nervous, ill fish 😞

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We get that attitude when people join here from other forums some times. We try to catch it, but don't always see it. If you ever see people acting like that here, please flag the post. :)

If people wanted an attitude, they could always just post the question of FB, that's sure to bring about attitudes. :lol:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
We get that attitude when people join here from other forums some times. We try to catch it, but don't always see it. If you ever see people acting like that here, please flag the post. :)

If people wanted an attitude, they could always just post the question of FB, that's sure to bring about attitudes. :lol:
I'm so glad people aren't like that here. I've never felt so embraced by a community of people like this online before. It's truly refreshing and I smile every time I log in. I'm really glad I found this website.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's unfortunate. I don't need that kind of attitude in my life right now so good riddance to them.

They said:
After reviewing your other posts I can now understand why you want to leave. Please contact a Moderator and ask them to delete the account. It's too bad the questions you ask and the answers that were given did not suit you. Since you had researched the questions first and had gotten your answers already. Because those answers were cut and dried in black and white. Sorry to burst your bubble, but in fish keeping there are many answers and cures for the same problem. Nothing is cut and dried. What works for one may not work for every one or every situation. But it is quite evident in reading your other posts that you didn't want help or other opinion's. I feel that we (the ones that tried to give our opinions and best answers ) were rebuked because you already had it in your mind we were wrong and our help was not needed.

Contact the mods.

Thank you.

I wasn't trying to start it today, next week, or even next month. Just trying to gather information because while researching, I see a lot of conflicting results.

I was told a male can be introduced into a sorority as long as it's well established before hand and the tank is big enough + heavily planted.

Also, wasn't looking to breed them either. Was just asking if housing them together was possible.

How is it "evident" from what I said that I didn't want help or other's opinions??

The person previously stated was also defending this person who said in response to my questions about betta sorority...
I’m going to be frivolous, and say ‘if you are asking those questions, then you are not ready to start a sorority’ - but of course you already know that 🙂 or you wouldn’t be asking🙂

My advice would be to read up on the many sorority articles out there, and then get a bigger tank than they say. Then plant it with huge numbers of plants, and let them grow and thicken til they fill the tank. That will take months. Plenty of time for a fish less cycle. Add many, many caves and shelters. Then add the girls all at once, while immature. And don’t add a boy.

But, in all honesty, I would not advise you to try a sorority unless you have masses of experience and already know the answers to all your questions.

But if you have a look through previous sorority threads, they rarely turn out to be successful long lasting setups. And the stress levels often lead to unhappy, nervous, ill fish 😞
If you have a fish question, PM me, I'll have my son look at it. He's not a professional, but he has tanks all over this house and knows quite a bit. He even has a sorority of betta's in my bathroom. (my bathroom is huge).

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

They said:

Contact the mods.

Thank you.

They are a snarky bunch on the parrot forum- real tight little group. As far going to the moderators on that site- they are the ones who instigate most of the fights.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hear the laughs already, but I GOT A NEW TOILET INSTALLED TODAY and I am SO EXCITED. There. I said it.
Hey, when you an adult, that's how it be sometimes.

I get excited when I park on a street and don't pay and come back to a car without a ticket on it lol.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hear the laughs already, but I GOT A NEW TOILET INSTALLED TODAY and I am SO EXCITED. There. I said it.
I absolutely hated, hated my old toilet so I sure understand your excitement. You think a toilet is a toilet but they are not all the same and really old ones are just gross. A fresh and new, good flushing toilet is a blessing. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.