The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I always wished my dad would teach me about methanics. He used to fix his own cars (before everything was computerized) and plumbing and you-name-it.
Good on ya for calling that guy's bluff. I actually asked plumbers I had if their astronomical prices were contingent upon my gender and the guy just about swallowed his wrench before stammering, "N-no!" Guess he forgot how to pronounce "yes." :fuming:
And yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)
I have the same problem with mechanics. I actually had to report one garage to the state. I had my ex call this guy and tell him he's looking at the specs for th3 job and you claim you have to pull the axle off, he says it's an independent suspension which means they have their own axle and don't need to take the entire thing out. This jerk took 3 weeks to refund me 200 bucks he overcharged...then my dad went down there and hollered at them...you DON'T want to tick off my father. Oh when I was there in person for the 3rd time trying to get my money back, he was telling this lady oh it's gonna need this and that. I asked him are you sure? I told her you best get a second opinion because these guys are hacks and I would never let them work on my bicycle never mind my truck.

Yeah I hate to say it but men discrimination against us for being women is alive and well...ticks me OFF...especially when I work in a man's field...one thing men hate, is a woman who can weld better than them or fix things better...oh they HATE that!!!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sick as a dog. Seems like a bad cold/sinus infection. Hit me like a brick last night. And we have inspection tomorrow and the house is a mess because I've been really depressed and I've been struggling to get everything done. Enter my awesome husband. He asked me to do a few small things and said he'd handle the rest. He gets all the points.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if I'll ever see Cooper and Shadow again
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf . ..Leave it in Gods hands..He will come through for us every time...Whatever he decides....its for a reason...Everything happens for a reason...And we have to look for the good in it...Believe me ..I know from other situations ive been through..and thought...I was doomed..And God picked me up...on my feet again..Keep the faith..ok

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the second year in a row I haven't done Christmas cards. I feel like I've lost interest in the holiday. I didn't even bother to decorate last year, and I'm not planning to this year.

I'm sorry, I know my post is a bummer.
:hugs: Don't feel bad. I'm right there with you. Sometimes the holidays just suck.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sick as a dog. Seems like a bad cold/sinus infection. Hit me like a brick last night. And we have inspection tomorrow and the house is a mess because I've been really depressed and I've been struggling to get everything done. Enter my awesome husband. He asked me to do a few small things and said he'd handle the rest. He gets all the points.
Hope you get well soon.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia are you moving?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whoa! These Dashing Diva press on nails are really holding up. My hands have been through a lot this week and they are still really stuck on tightly. I tried taking them off but they Aren't budging much. I'm going to have to buy more.
They look so pretty too. Things have come a long way since the days of the Lee Press On nails. I might have to get some too. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 Adding my wishes of wellbeing (and success in hiding your "extra" FAMILY MEMBER -- how dare they!).
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Good on ya about the cards! Too bad about the 4-days. Enjoy pretty nails!
Mia6 Mia6 Well, you don't have to. Just get a Toto Washlet ;) :hearthrob::yess:
Well, @KatieM, for those of us who don't celebrate it, I'm HAPPY about your post. TYSM. It can be overwhelming to be barraged with all the ads, the music, the TV stuff, etc. Makes a lot of us feel kind of bad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the tree is up, and I'm happy with it. The stocking are hung by the (fake) chimney with care. Sunday I'll get ALL of the gifts wrapped, and those that have to ship will be boxed. Tuesday my neighbor will haul me to the post office, and I'll spend every dime I have on shipping costs, and call it done! OH...the cards. I have to make a couple of corrections on my Avery project page, and print out the labels. But I can get that done in time for the PO run!

Status
Not open for further replies.