The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20% is considered standard for full service tipping. 10% for takeout or delivery (yes, tipping for takeout is appreciated---someone had to pack it up for you). $1 or $2 per person for buffets (depending how messy you are ;)). So for $24, a full tip would be $4.80, $2.40 for takeout, $2-$4 for a buffet. Of course, tipping more than standard is never bad!

If you have a smartphone, there are tipping apps you could install, or just use the calculator---the sales amount x 20 and hit the percent button. Or just figure out 10% in your head and double it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We would do a minimum of $5. Even for bad service. (Except the one time we were truly purposefully ignored and had to go find someone to serve us.)

Sometimes you can tell a person really could use a good tip so we do more. Or if they’ve really gone out of their way or something happened. Like the time the big paper cup my son’s chocolate milk came in burst on one side. He was devestated but the waitress was so sweet to him. Plus the mess. :doh:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is my age lol.

My birthday is this Sunday and I will be 21! I was thinking about getting my nails done but I'm not sure. Maybe acrylic nails. Nothing outrageous. Just something short and sweet.
Happy early Birthday.
21 is a big one, get your hair done as well, or leave it curly. I know you don't like the afro look, but it looks nice on a lot of people.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so upset right now.

My acceptance into the IDSN program was conditional. I needed to take a math course at the grade 12 level.

I've been doing that for months. All of a sudden, I get an email from the school which I've been taking the math course with and they tell me they will not be giving me the credit for the math course even though I've been trying to keep up with the load and completing all my work. They tell me it's because I "haven't completed majority of the course work" which is not true. Exams are not for another 2 weeks and I only have 2 more test to do before the exam plus a project. All of which I have already started.

I tried to be as calm as possible and I've sent them an email.

I paid $600 for this stupid online course, don't play me.

Thanks.

While I'm at it, might I add that my teacher for this math course has been cold and unhelpful. I've basically been doing all the work myself and google has been teaching me better than she has. They also have the exam dates mixed up. The administrator is telling me it's next week but the teacher herself is telling me that it is in 2 weeks so which is it? :argh:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to sign up for exams and it's not starting the 2nd of December! The only available time is on the 1st, which is my birthday. I'm frantically emailing, trying to fix this and find out what is going on because this is not what the teacher told me previously and this is not fair. I'm crying so hard. I hate this.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been binge watching Queen of The South on Netflix for a few days now. I can't stop watching it, it's so addicting and good. I can't wait to suck up all four seasons and IT GOT RENEWED FOR A FIFTH IM PUMPED.

Teddy's legs are still healing up good. It's gonna be hard taking him off the pred, but eventually he'll need to in order to get the biopsy.

Both boys now really enjoy raw. Teddy seems to have found a love for raw rabbit. He's inhales it when I give it to him. I don't buy chicken because they eat enough of that with canned. I only like getting other proteins when it comes to raw to give them a chicken break.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think that next year, since it is only Hek and me, I'm going to buy a package of turkey cutlets, and just bake one, freezing the rest for later. I'm getting ready to go strip down the turkey breast to freeze for sandwiches, and that's too much like hard work! I mangle the poor bird.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that next year, since it is only Hek and me, I'm going to buy a package of turkey cutlets, and just bake one, freezing the rest for later. I'm getting ready to go strip down the turkey breast to freeze for sandwiches, and that's too much like hard work! I mangle the poor bird.
Yep. The big meal is all fun and games unless you're the one doing all the shopping, all the cooking and all the cleanup. Nope. Not worth it especially for one or two people. If I want turkey, I buy a couple of wings or thighs, cook one and freeze the other. A very simple side like a baked potato and a bag of vegetables that go right into the microwave and I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.