The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dyed my hair this morning. This was my first time doing it without any help (was always worried about missing a spot), so hopefully when it dries it doesn't look like a patchy mess. Also unsure how much color will actually show up since my hair is darker than the color I used, but I really needed to freshen things up.

Found out that Teddy's obsessive licking was due to our attempts to clean and heal his chewed spots. His instinct is to lick whatever we put on him off, so when we just leave him alone he doesn't really bother his legs as much. I'm still going to pick up his cone from the vet in case he ever has a bad day. But his legs look way less red and irritated today.

Finny threw up twice today. He seems fine, but gonna keep an eye on him. He could have just had an upset tummy, ate too fast, had a hairball, etc.

Might have finally found a deodorizer that works. I haven't smelled cat poop since the day I got it, and my boys have the rankest smelling turds ever so the fact I didn't hide under the blankets this morning when Finny went potty was a miracle lol Not gonna get my hopes up until I've used it for at least a week but so far so good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to get up early tomorrow. The exterminators are coming. Yes, my IDIOT LANDLADY scheduled exterminators for THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING! Does she have no clue how much prep work is going on tomorrow??????? Is this even SAFE??? WHO DOES THIS??? And this isn't because of some insect or rodent emergency, it is just the normal quarterly pest treatments. Heck, if there were rats the size of chihuahuas running amok, I'd welcome them with opened arms! I have PIES TO BAKE! And cornbread for the stuffing! AND I have to leave out slices of white bread to get stale for said stuffing. I DO NOT NEED EXTERMINATORS IN MY APARTMENT TOMORROW.

end rant.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Might have finally found a deodorizer that works. I haven't smelled cat poop since the day I got it, and my boys have the rankest smelling turds ever so the fact I didn't hide under the blankets this morning when Finny went potty was a miracle lol Not gonna get my hopes up until I've used it for at least a week but so far so good.
Have you tried switching them to pine pellet litter? There is no better odor control imo. There is NO SMELL at all. The only thing it ever smells like is wood, even if I let the litter go for a few days. Its $6 for a 40lb bag at Rural King/Tractor Supply.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried switching them to pine pellet litter? There is no better odor control imo. There is NO SMELL at all. The only thing it ever smells like is wood, even if I let the litter go for a few days. Its $6 for a 40lb bag at Rural King/Tractor Supply.
I thought about it when I was looking for a dust free non clay litter but decided to go with grass seed, which has been working fine for us. I don't think they would like stepping on pellets. So far the deodorizer I'm using seems to be working. Thanks for the suggestion though!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought about it when I was looking for a dust free non clay litter but decided to go with grass seed, which has been working fine for us. I don't think they would like stepping on pellets. So far the deodorizer I'm using seems to be working. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Ahh okay. I am glad the deodorizer is working. I have never thought about using grass seed as litter. I guess I am lucky that my cats weren't too picky about the switch to pine. I worried that they wouldnt like standing or digging in it but after about a week of mixing it in with their regular clay litter, they seemed to adjust to it well and don't have any problems burying their "business" or digging in it.

Last edited:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh okay. I am glad the deodorizer is working. I have never thought about using grass seed as litter. I guess I am lucky that my cats weren't too picky about the switch to pine. I worried that they wouldnt like standing or digging in it but after about a week of mixing it in with their regular clay litter, they seemed to adjust to it well and don't have any problems burying their "business" or digging in it.
So far grass seed has been my favorite. It gets everywhere but I'm fine with that.

I'm glad the pellets work great for you. It can be hard to find a litter that makes both you and the kitty happy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much would you guys leave for a tip on a $24 meal at a diner with 2 people eating? Just curious if we left the right tip.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am an ex-waitstaff so I change mine to $10.00 as well. Thanks for reminding me Kat0121 Kat0121
I've always found that people who have worked for tips always tip the most. We used to be members of that club. When you work for $2.13 an hour, the taxes take the majority of it and what you're left with is a joke.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
$5 probably. We usually round up so it would be $30 we would leave. Sadly many people barely tip enough to make it $15 an hour for the waitstaff.
I know. So true. Some people take any issue out on the server even if they had nothing to do with it. Anything goes wrong and they leave no tip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.