The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are times I think I'm responsible and smart with my money, then there are times like last night where I spend 91 bucks on a makeup palette because I got caught up in the pretty pastel website and the fact they let you customize it and choose what you want in it...

Yeah. Alcohol and brains are NOT a good mix.
No they sure do not. We recently lost an employee because he ended up in jail for drinking. Drinking can be fun, yeah, but it can also screw you and other people over if you're not careful.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think morning sickness is setting in. I've been horribly nauseous all day and nothing we have in the house seems appetizing. Ugh. I'm starving, but every time I try to eat something, I start gagging.
Dam that sucks ☹ No experience with morning sickness but I have experienced feeling nauseous due to having an empty stomach but the attempt to eat something would make me gag. I hope the rest of your pregnancy takes it easy on you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My mom made us eat breakfast growing up, and now I don't really want anything but coffee first thing (though I do get a few calories from milk and sugar). Then I usually have a piece of fruit a couple hours later.
LOL, I eat my first meal of the day around 8PM, a second around midnight or so...but remember that I get up just before noon, and am awake until 4 AM, so that isn't as outrageous as it first sounds.

I wonder what changed between the 1920s/'30s and the 1940s/'50s?
Well, we've discussed the shift from the agrarian society and needing the extra hands in the fields, and I imagine part of it was the drop in infant and early-childhood mortality rates. People who had 8-12 living children were VERY lucky. For many, having 12 kids meant possibly seeing 6 of them grow up.

I was sick almost every day with Aedan. So far, this pregnancy hasn't been bad - until today.
I finally managed to choke down a banana and a sandwich. It's taking quite an effort to not throw it all back up.
Try eating 3-4 well-chilled green seedless grapes when you FIRST feel the nausea. It worked for me. NO MORE THAN THAT, though. Not first thing.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I would approach him and just strike up a conversation. Ask if he'd like to have a coffee or somehing.
Make it casual. Make certain you're wearing a fetching ensemble that day and have your hair styled nicely. :heartshape:
Thank you so much for your advice! I figured it was silly to just not talk to each other so I thought, "Mia is right, enough is enough!" So now, we're talking a bit. Still feels awkward but at least the cheese is rolling down the hill.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Fayola doesn't like to be picked up and we've been working on it for a few days but I finally got her in my lap. She is definitely a lap cat.

She panicked at first but I just held on and continued to tell her that everything was fine and I wasn't going to hurt her. I rubbed her side and her back and eventually, I could feel her body relax.

Before I knew it, she was kneading my pants and purring up a storm. I did this for about 2 minutes. Then, I put her back on the bed and allowed her to relax.

I tried again and she didn't fight me. She adjusted herself comfortably in my lap.

God, I love her so much! :lovecat:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think morning sickness is setting in. I've been horribly nauseous all day and nothing we have in the house seems appetizing. Ugh. I'm starving, but every time I try to eat something, I start gagging.
Don't know if this is true or an urban legend, but I've heard that severe morning sickness means you have a healthy pregnancy?
I hope you feel better soon. Peanut butter helps me when I am nauseated.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that, too. I hope it's true. This is Day 3 of me not being able to hold anything down except fresh fruit and smoothies. I'm gonna starve to death.
If you went to the doctor, could they possibly prescribe you anything? 3 days of not eating well is concerning. But I don't know much about pregnancy so... 🤷‍♀️

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My appointment is October 29, but if I still can't eat much tomorrow, I'm going to call and see if they can call me in a prescription for zofran. I took it with Aedan because I was sick almost every day. It helped a little. That's why I only gained 6 pounds with him. That and the incessant heartburn. But he was 7lbs 15 oz at birth. I just got skeletal everywhere else.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to the pet supplies store near me and bought a small container of Tiki Cat Raw (Turkey) to try on the boys. They have been eating freeze-dried raw like S&C's as treats for months, so idk if that fact will make adding frozen raw into their rotation easier on their digestive system. I'm defrosting a very small spoonful in the fridge for tonight and will probably add some probiotics into it. I'm very curious about what they will think of raw meat. If they like it and don't puke it up then I'll add that into their rotation. Maybe give them raw in the morning and canned for afternoon and nighttime. Not sure, but fingers crossed it'll go well.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed a tiny bit of hamburger helper and corn. Only felt slightly nauseous so I decided to eat more. I'm still hungry, but I'm not gonna push my luck. I'm just gonna sit tight and hope it stays down. Definitely calling my OB tomorrow to ask about the zofran.
Alicia, try sipping on some ginger ale. Ginger is a natural anti-nausea medicine, and many times has been the only thing that helped me. There wasn't any other meds for nausea when I was pregnant, so I had to just suffer through it for six months. The last three months it went away.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the boys had no interest in the raw food. I added a drop of their fish oil to encourage at least a taste and even after giving their little portions a lick, still no interest lol not sure if it was just the brand or the texture or maybe lack of flavor, but I might try rehydrated freeze dried next. If they still don't like it, then I'm pretty content with the brands they are eating now. Still would love it if they'd eat raw, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.