The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't order enough items in a year to justify a Prime account. I know they have monthly memberships but even that's not worth it to me and I don't think you can just pay for a membership as you need it. Most of what I buy off Amazon are things I'm not in urgent need of anyways so regular free shipping is fine.

As usual, I didn't get trick or treaters yesterday. I know of just one family in the building with school-aged kids in the building but they don't participate in the holiday. At least 2 other families have babies under a year old so too young for trick or treating. More candy for me :D

A friend said she got two families and the adults were greedy and were grabbing candy:eek::nono:

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made money today! I went to the consignment store where I have a few pieces of furniture. Two wicker chairs, matching wicker side tables, an end table, a recliner, a rocking chair and magazine rack were sold. I got a check for $213 and there's still two pieces of furniture left to be sold. Pretty good for things I didn't want anymore!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made money today! I went to the consignment store where I have a few pieces of furniture. Two wicker chairs, matching wicker side tables, an end table, a recliner, a rocking chair and magazine rack were sold. I got a check for $213 and there's still two pieces of furniture left to be sold. Pretty good for things I didn't want anymore!
That's great. It's always great to get rid of things you don't need anymore. And getting money is icing on the cake.
What I've been doing is looking on Craigslist under the 'wanted' section. One lady was looking for a bridle for her horse and I ended up selling her a bunch of tack, a horse trailer and a horse stall. She's also interested in one of my saddles. Another lady is coming to look at a miniature horse cart I have.
There are some people who just want charity, but there are a lot of legitimate people on there.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I'm so upset with John's coworker. She has a 3 year old demon child. This kid is completely out of control and she admits it. Well, they also had a cat. The kid wouldn't leave the cat alone and kept getting scratched. So, they got the cat declawed. :livid::argh::angryfire: When she told me about it, I made sure she was aware that I thought it was a horrible thing to do. For all the good it did. The cat had already been maimed. And, now, the cat is missing. Apparently, the boyfriend was drunk and the cat escaped. He was just declawed a week or two ago so the wounds won't even be healed. And now he can't defend himself. Poor thing. I'm really upset about it. Why is declawing still legal??? :confused2::confused2::confused2:
If your kid is that terrible, and the cat scratches her, she kinda has it coming. Rehome the cat - don't maim him so your kid can torment him more effectively.:angrywoman::fuming:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great. It's always great to get rid of things you don't need anymore. And getting money is icing on the cake.
What I've been doing is looking on Craigslist under the 'wanted' section. One lady was looking for a bridle for her horse and I ended up selling her a bunch of tack, a horse trailer and a horse stall. She's also interested in one of my saddles. Another lady is coming to look at a miniature horse cart I have.
There are some people who just want charity, but there are a lot of legitimate people on there.
Thanks for the idea! I'm going to try that too. It might give me the incentive to get rid of more things.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, boy. I guess in addition to monthly inspections, we also have yearly inspections where they come in and check everything with a fine tooth comb. They could be here anytime Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. It's been pretty easy to hide Mickey for the monthly inspections. At first, we took him for a drive but when we realized that they barely walked in the door, we just started poking him in the bedroom where he would jump into the crib and go to sleep. We can't drive him around for 3 days.
I'm getting ahold of a friend of mine to keep him for a couple of days. I took care of her cat for 2 weeks the summer before last cuz she went on vacation. She owes me! LOL. If not her, I can ask the friend who adopted Marcy. If not her, I'm out of ideas.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind right now.

Oh where, oh where
Has my little M maggiedemi gone?
Oh where, oh where can she be?
With her music cut short
And her lovely posts
I think she went down
To the building site
To see what she could see
And in her hands
Was a globe so bright
I wonder what could it be

Oh where, oh where
Has my little maggiedemi gone?
With her posts short
And her music so long
I last saw her by the megapawsitive thread
Playing and running around
But I just can't see her there anymore
She just can't seem to be found
Perhaps the man over there will know
He may have seen her go by
Who knows where
She might have decided to go
But we've got to give it a try

Oh where, oh where
Has my little maggiedemi gone?
With her beautiful posts

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, with old man bladder control issue dog, I finally broke down and bought a steam cleaner. Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution Pet. I knew my carpet had problems, but I had no idea it was that dirty. I vacuum it, but I guess that's not always enough. I only got one living room done, I still have to do the other one and all the bedrooms, then he can pee on a clean carpet. lol.
The only drawback to it is that it's a pain to clean, but that's the price I pay for keeping an incontinent dog. And the pain is worth the results. Man that room looks nice.
It's also heavy, but not near as heavy as my Kirby G6 vacuum. But in it's defense, I need surgery so it may not be as heavy as my body says it is.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He doesn't lift his leg, he's too old for even that. He just stands there or is lying down and out it comes. I'm not going to put things on him, why make him uncomfortable in his final years/months/days. I have a steam cleaner now. And it's awesome.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this on Facebook and I keep thinking about it - if a set of twins were born tonight, and one was born at 1:59 and the next one was born two minutes later at 1:01 (because of the time change) the younger one would look to be older on the birth certificates.

That's what's on my mind. That and the expensive vat carrier I want to buy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's not old. My soon to be departed Beagle is 12 and my Miniature Schnauzer is 9. And the latter still thinks he's a puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.