The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like she's not going to the shelter after all. The lady happened to mention the pup to her son, and now her son wants her - bad. He lives in Phoenix, so she's going to take the pup to him in the morning. There she will have her shots, get spayed, wormed and have a 10 acre fenced yard to play in. I couldn't be happier for her. It's almost fate how all this happened just from someone who wanted to buy some tack from me. She's also buying my horse trailer and a stall so she doesn't have to board her horse anymore. I've never believed in karma before, but maybe there's something to it. I save a pup and everybody wins.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad she's going to have a home!
OMG, I'm laughing so hard. Aedan was reaching for my laptop and I wouldn't let him mess with it. He started crying - and I mean screaming! Not really expecting him to listen cuz, well, he's 9 months old; I say, "Why are you crying? Crying doesn't get you what you want. Ask your sister. Aislyn, does crying ever get you what you want?" "Not here, but it works at my mom's." I shouldn't laugh at this, but I can't help it. I can't control what happens at her mom's so I may as well laugh, right?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Zappos can ship orders in one business day, why can't Amazon?:think: I placed orders with both web sites earlier this week. The Zappos order arrived the next day. My Amazon non-Prime order hasn't even been processed yet.

By the time the Amazon order arrives, the cats will be bored with the Zappos box:rolleyes: I have to get rid of some of the long ignored boxes.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone stop me, I'm having way too much fun. I just got a spam call, he actually called 5 times in a row, from Michael Ford CEO of some company. Told me I have won a package (no idea what) and if I send him money for processing, then it will be delivered. (He barely spoke English). I had a field day with him. I want to do this more.

OMG, just realized, I'm becoming James Veitch. But it's fun.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starving but none of the food I have sounds good and I only have a few delivery options and I'm not feeling those, either. I wish we had a place that delivered Mexican food.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone stop me, I'm having way too much fun. I just got a spam call, he actually called 5 times in a row, from Michael Ford CEO of some company. Told me I have won a package (no idea what) and if I send him money for processing, then it will be delivered. (He barely spoke English). I had a field day with him. I want to do this more.

OMG, just realized, I'm becoming James Veitch. But it's fun.
:flail:You sound like my dad! He does this all the time now when people call and they always get upset and cuss him off!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Zappos can ship orders in one business day, why can't Amazon?:think: I placed orders with both web sites earlier this week. The Zappos order arrived the next day. My Amazon non-Prime order hasn't even been processed yet.

By the time the Amazon order arrives, the cats will be bored with the Zappos box:rolleyes: I have to get rid of some of the long ignored boxes.
I've never had that problem with Amazon. Ok. I just read that the order is non prime. That could be why. I love love love love love my Amazon Prime. They will take it from me when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. Have you tried it? You can sign up for a free trial www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200444170

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a huge discount on Amazon Prime for being a student. It saves me way more on shipping than the subscription costs. And I like getting everything in 2 days.
Honestly, living in a small town with limited shopping options, Amazon Prime is practically a necessity.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amazon Prime is worth it just to get stuff faster, and a lot of times there is free delivery. Plus you can watch some shows, documentaries, movies free - I set up my laptop while I am sewing and watch things (I sew for craft fairs so I sew a lot) I was a long time coming to it and now I can't live without it. Kind of like cell phones.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, the deal for the pup fell through. For the exact same reason that none of the rescues will help. Pit Bull. The one man still wants her, but he's renting the house on 10 acres and his landlord says "No Pits". So for now, she's happy and safe with me, but I have to find her a home. I've got surgery coming up and she's so full of energy, no one else here can/will handle her. Judging by the size of her canines, I guess she's around 5 months old. I did some aggressive testing on her with people/dogs/food and there's not an aggressive bone in this pups body. I named her River because every time I see her I would say "Hello Sweetie".
Why is it people hear Pit Bull and run the other way? I've had Pits before. They are the sweetest kindest most forgiving dogs on the planet. My Morkie is more aggressive than this pup. So is Samai for that matter.
IMG_20181027_161344.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breed discrimination sucks :(.

With those eyes, she must have some Catahoula, Border Collie, or Husky. And I'd guess more Cur than Pit. Just a muttly mutt, the best kind!

If you think she's mostly pit, try a pit bull rescue. Or have a DNA test done and if it doesn't say pit maybe that guy's landlord will let him have her.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My belief and rescues I have contacted is Pit and Aussie.

A DNA test would cost around $100. And as much as I would love to keep her, I just can't. So pouring that much into her just to give her away isn't going to happen.

I just don't get it. Yesterday, I was taking advantage of the sun and was lying on a lounge chair outside when she jumps up next to me, lays her head on my stomach and falls asleep.
Yea, this is a vicious dog.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't look like a pit to me at all. :headshake: ;)

I feel like some paperwork could be fudged there to make it so he could have her. One of the people who brings her dog to my work has paperwork from the shelter that says she is a lab mix (that dog is full pit). But since its "official" paperwork that gives the breed, apartments can't do anything about it.

I HATE breed discrimination. I've been bit only a few times working where I work, and all by dogs under 15 pounds. The pit bulls we have just lick me to death.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like some paperwork could be fudged there to make it so he could have her. One of the people who brings her dog to my work has paperwork from the shelter that says she is a lab mix (that dog is full pit). But since its "official" paperwork that gives the breed, apartments can't do anything about it.
Brilliant! I'm making calls right now. The guy who wants her- his mom works at a shelter. I've got calls into her and the rescue I'm sort of working with. She can be Aussie/Border Collie mix and it wouldn't be questioned.

You are genius.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant! I'm making calls right now. The guy who wants her- his mom works at a shelter. I've got calls into her and the rescue I'm sort of working with. She can be Aussie/Border Collie mix and it wouldn't be questioned.

You are genius.
Best way to get around the problem as far as I can tell. Most shelters around here (Seattle, WA) mislabel their pit mixes since a lot of apartment buildings won't allow pits. If the complexes ask, they show them the paperwork from the shelter. One of my friends had a "boxer mix" that she got from a shelter in South Carolina, so they must do this other places as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.