Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's not sleeting anymore.

IMG_0002.JPG

So far it's just a dusting. But it's supposed to be like this for 3 days and it's a total whiteout coming this way. We usually don't get this until around Thanksgiving. I mean, it was 75° yesterday.

Oh, and I got the weather alert about 10 minutes ago. They have no problem giving me 'sunny' alerts at 5am, but real weather you have to wait for.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Phoenix. We didn't have sleet last night but what a hard rain! It sounded like sleet where it was hitting the windows. Of course the ground is so warm that when I got up this morning it was all dried up.
I hear thunder now so looks like more of the same tonight. I've been telling Chicqui she should go out while it's cool and not raining. Do cats listen? Only when the queen runs out of money!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so low this morning. I had strange dreams last night, all involving depression and entropy in some way. I can't even get to class or work today; nothing to distract my mood :frown:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so low this morning. I had strange dreams last night,
Funny you should mention this. I, also, had a really tuff night, sleeping.

I had weird dreams, involving a lot of people I know, and someone who looked familiar to me, but I did not know. It 2 dreams, different stories, but with the same emotions: anger, helplessness, a sense of impending badness.

The past 3 days, I have been really busy around my apartment, cleaning, organizing, purging... getting things back to normal, after the renovations. I am aching by 2pm.

I should be getting a good night's rest; however, I am not.

I think because of the change in seasons~ and weather is part of the cause. I really hate to see the summer end.

When the temps are in the 50's, it is too cool for me. I get cold very easily. The shorter days are horrible for me~~ SAD...

The rainy, cloudy, dank days really get to me. I cannot find anything positive to all of this...

just in a funk.

I am betting it is not just us.. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

When we change the clocks, more people will speak about this.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling somewhat better. I couldn't go to school today because the buses don't run on Columbus Day. For this particular class, the assignments are all available on Canvas. My professor prefers that they be done in class, one each day, but we're allowed to finish at home. If we submit them by the end of the day, we won't get points taken off. I figured I'm at home not doing anything, no reason not to get it done this morning. I submitted it five minutes before class ended, and I'm pretty pleased with myself :jive:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wonder if there might be some kind of "underground" program for this. Maybe there's a vet somewhere who turns a blind eye to feral kitties.
I haven't located one yet. Even Sprite, who I rehomed, was gentled before her new "brother" saw her at the clinic (she was adopted by a vet's mama, luckily...she had some issues). All it takes is ONE SINGLE PERSON in a clinic who doesn't have any heart to put a doctor in jeapordy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't see how a local ordinance can affect a vet's licensing. That's on the State level. Someone should get a lawsuit going. Find a nice millionaire who loves cats, and sweet-talk them a little. . .

Also, I don't see anything that would prevent a vet from caring for a feral cat in the ordinances. Yes, it says that pets are not allowed to run at large. But that's pretty common in most towns. I don't see anything that seems out of the ordinary.
American Legal Publishing - Online Library

Sometimes it only takes one person to raise a fuss. . .:D

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of ferals all of mine except one are missing. They have been gone for weeks. I had 5 of 6 of them. I know one of them has died but I don't know what has happened to others. The one I have left is a red boy and he is ear tipped. Someone had him fixed. He will come in the kitchen and talk to me, rub up against my leg and let me pet him but when I try to shut the door he goes crazy. I think I am falling in love.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really don't see how a local ordinance can affect a vet's licensing. That's on the State level. Someone should get a lawsuit going. Find a nice millionaire who loves cats, and sweet-talk them a little. . .

Also, I don't see anything that would prevent a vet from caring for a feral cat in the ordinances. Yes, it says that pets are not allowed to run at large. But that's pretty common in most towns. I don't see anything that seems out of the ordinary.
American Legal Publishing - Online Library

Sometimes it only takes one person to raise a fuss. . .:D
It wouldn't affect a license, but there are fines, and fairly heavy ones, from what I am told.

SIGH...this is a very tiny town, and what is on the books isn't always what is done. All too often, it is a matter of "this is just how we do it here." I know, that sounds absurd, but it IS what I'm up against. No one fights it, everyone just...falls in line. Politics and law enforcement in tiny Southern towns can be...odd. Very odd. And people who buck the system are frequently harassed, as well.

OH...coming back hours later to add, That horrible shelter up north that was "euthanizing cats" by freezing them alive is BEING SHUT DOWN!

Spencer County Animal Shelter Closes Amid Demands for Reforms

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to Papyrus today to get a greeting card. The store has a huge display of Christmas cards and gifts :evergreen::gift: :noway: It is way too early for anything Christmas and the holidays :nono:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I went to Papyrus today to get a greeting card. The store has a huge display of Christmas cards and gifts :evergreen::gift: :noway: It is way too early for anything Christmas and the holidays :nono:
You know what they say: if the ads for Christmas are early then the economy is not good. This is REALLY early so the economy must be pretty bad. With gas prices rising a lot this is not surprising as it means everything else is going to go up and folks won't have a lot of money to spend. Put that together with the horrible storms we have had and still have it is not surprising that people will put off or even completely ignore the usual rush to buy stuff for the holidays. So the advertiser do their stuff early in the hope that over the longer period of time they will get the money they usually get in a shorter time when the economy is good. Makes sense to me no matter what the WH and others say.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone from Amarillo, TX or near there? I have a good friend there who just posted this:
I am in need of help finding a home for brother and sister kitties. Both fixed. Their momma had to go into assisted living yesterday. They are 9 years old, Bootsie is black and white and Minuit (french for Midnight) is a solid black beauty. Both do not like to be picked up, they keep to themselves and like to be petted along their backs only. They are very clean cats, can go together or separate. I have two weeks to place then in a new home. And help, suggestions on other sites to post them would be great. Out give these little over A home. Private message me if you would like to see them. Should be A home with no kids. Thank you.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. No, you do not seem that way. I try to picture some people in my mind.
For example, I picture Margaret as having red hair.
If you mean me (Margret, not Margaret), nope.

OH...coming back hours later to add, That horrible shelter up north that was "euthanizing cats" by freezing them alive is BEING SHUT DOWN!

Spencer County Animal Shelter Closes Amid Demands for Reforms
:bunnydance::woo::dance:

My grocery store is selling Advent calendars already. It isn't even Halloween yet, for cryin' out loud!

I just ran into this: Astronaut, Cosmonaut in 'Good Health' After Surviving Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure. Both astronauts are safe and back with their families, but MSNBC is reporting that Russian liftoffs are on suspension until they figure out what went wrong, and if they can't manage it soon the astronauts in the ISS may have to use their escape capsule (pod? whatever it is) to abandon the station for lack of consumables.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They really rush with the Christmas stuff. We actually bought a Christmas tree 2 weeks ago. We didn't have one last year because we just didn't have the space. So a couple weeks ago, we were at Wal*Mart and they already had the Christmas stuff out and they had this nice tree for like $40 and we went ahead and bought it because you know how Wal*Mart is. Either we buy it now or we don't get it cuz they won't have it later when we actually want it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My new bedside table came in. Now I just have to put it together. Still have to order one more, but...a step at a time! ONE MORE cardboard box going to the trash! Yeah, I lived like a refugee for years when I left Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.