The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they said they were afraid that the janitor would go crazy and kill everybody. But that seems like a good reason to evacuate until the janitor was safely in custody, not for as long as they did. Oh well, free vacation!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , how old is he now? I mean, seems like you just had him - what - a week ago.
Sometimes it feels that way! He's about 8 and a half months old now. He's been crawling for almost 2 months and he's been pulling himself up on everything for weeks. I think he's going to walk early and I'm not ready!!! :( He needs to stop growing and doing everything so fast and just be my baby for a while. It requires 2 spoons to feed him now. I get the food on a spoon, he takes it from me and puts it in his mouth. Then won't let me have it back. So I use a second spoon and trade him. And we just go back and forth until the food is gone. He's such a little piggy!!!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a good chance I may be gone for a few. It looks like the abscess has caused a fistula to a couple of other organs. Don't know anything for sure yet. I'm going to the hospital to have some test run, and if it turns out that this is actually the case, then they will admit me for surgery.
I'm not letting Dr. Dick touch me, and he may be the only general surgeon up here, so I may have to go to Phoenix. My furbabies are covered, so no worries there.

It may be nothing, but since I'm finding feces in places I shouldn't and the pain is incredible, I need to get this taken care of.
Just in case there are complications and I don't make it off the table...I love you all.
You don't need to send me prayers or vibes, this is just something that needs to be done. I'm tough, I'll deal with it. Just wanted to get this off my chest. (and my gut)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got a call from my son. He's been invited to Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society for scholarships. I don't know the details of this, but it's invitational only for people with outstanding academic achievements.
If it isn't some sort of scam..I'm so proud of him.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a good chance I may be gone for a few. It looks like the abscess has caused a fistula to a couple of other organs. Don't know anything for sure yet. I'm going to the hospital to have some test run, and if it turns out that this is actually the case, then they will admit me for surgery.
I'm not letting Dr. Dick touch me, and he may be the only general surgeon up here, so I may have to go to Phoenix. My furbabies are covered, so no worries there.

It may be nothing, but since I'm finding feces in places I shouldn't and the pain is incredible, I need to get this taken care of.
Just in case there are complications and I don't make it off the table...I love you all.
You don't need to send me prayers or vibes, this is just something that needs to be done. I'm tough, I'll deal with it. Just wanted to get this off my chest. (and my gut)

OMG... I sending hugs, prayers, good thoughts your way..

We love you and are wishing you the best.

Please, somehow, let us know how you are doing.. testwise and with surgery..

Love, to you....

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after a full day of tests they decided not to do the surgery. Yes it is a fistula. Apparently, only 20% of the worlds population will ever get this. It was definitely caused by the abscess, and it does need to be fixed. Only I have to go to Phoenix to get it done.
The ironic part of all this is that the one thing I always hated about my body and the one thing I've been trying to get rid of since I was 13, is what saved my life.
If the intestine had perforated and seeped into the body cavity instead of my uterus..I would be dead.

Edit: OH, and there is no sign of the abscess, it's completely healed.
Also, I somehow lost another 10 lbs.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my way back from my Dr. appt., I stopped at the shelter that I fostered for. There was a cat there that looked a little like Sable and I wanted to make sure it wasn't her. Anyway, I mentioned this big mat on Samai that she won't let me cut. She told me to get this thing called the Furminator mat removal device. She swears by it, but I've never heard of it before. Have any of you ever tried this? And if so, does it work?
I looked it up and it's only $20, but as everyone knows, reviews on websites selling the product are up for question.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
On my way back from my Dr. appt., I stopped at the shelter that I fostered for. There was a cat there that looked a little like Sable and I wanted to make sure it wasn't her. Anyway, I mentioned this big mat on Samai that she won't let me cut. She told me to get this thing called the Furminator mat removal device. She swears by it, but I've never heard of it before. Have any of you ever tried this? And if so, does it work?
I looked it up and it's only $20, but as everyone knows, reviews on websites selling the product are up for question.
We've had a Furminator for about 5 years now. They make (or made) one for long fur and one for short. I got the long fur one and it works well on both length coats. I haven't used it on really bad mats, but it sure does a great job on general grooming.

If you found one for $20, go for it because it usually runs more. I think you'll be pleased with it.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a Furminator for about 5 years now. They make (or made) one for long fur and one for short. I got the long fur one and it works well on both length coats. I haven't used it on really bad mats, but it sure does a great job on general grooming.

If you found one for $20, go for it because it usually runs more. I think you'll be pleased with it.
The one I'm thinking of getting is the dematter tool. I have brushes and combs for her, but she won't let me do it anymore. This may be a waste of money. I may get one swipe and she'll be "nope, not happening". Or, she could love it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, after a full day of tests they decided not to do the surgery. Yes it is a fistula. Apparently, only 20% of the worlds population will ever get this. It was definitely caused by the abscess, and it does need to be fixed. Only I have to go to Phoenix to get it done.
The ironic part of all this is that the one thing I always hated about my body and the one thing I've been trying to get rid of since I was 13, is what saved my life.
If the intestine had perforated and seeped into the body cavity instead of my uterus..I would be dead.

Edit: OH, and there is no sign of the abscess, it's completely healed.
Also, I somehow lost another 10 lbs.
It's an ill wind, indeed, that blows no good at all! I hope you thanked your uterus properly!

Today, I have both a birthday AND a job interview at the Morgantown Public Library. Wish me luck!
I GOT THE JOB :banana1::banana2::banana1::banana2::banana1::banana2:

AND

for the new job!

FINALLY BACK! Oh, my poor town is so torn up, but MOST of the power is on, all habitable houses have running water, and the stores are opened again. My apartment didn't flood, but only by the skin of its teeth. The water was up right to the bottom of the doorjamb. Another half inch, and it would have come in. I've spotted several of my ferals. Little Bit, Callie, all of her kittens and Austin (the Old Man) have been by for dinner, and I saw Joe Grey, Dulcie, and DiCaprio this afternoon. I feel better about that.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are good at survival. I'm glad they found they a safe place to hole up through the storm. I'm glad your apartment didn't flood. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My apartment is there. Stores are open, and supplies are coming as usual. The town itself? We're in a very economically depressed area, and it will be years before this is finally over and things are "normal." So...new normal, get on with living.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just glad you have an apartment to come back to. I hear the other side of the building didn't fare so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.