The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I then took him outside and he ate grass like he's become a vegetarian.
I took Midway out again so hubby could see it (and Midway ate grass).
And he ate grass.
Just a few minutes after we came back inside, he puked up all that grass, inside, on the carpet.
As far as I can tell, from a cat's viewpoint this is the purpose of grass. (I've also heard it theorized that they consider it a blot on their feline honor to puke anywhere other than a carpet, or upholstery, or human bedding.)

Margret

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When a person becomse toxic in your life, you have every right to end it in whatever way you see fit, although I never advocate cruelty or rudeness (although sometimes it takes plainspeaking that borders on it). Do as you must for your own peace of mind, LTS3 LTS3 . That's all you can do.
Thank you. I know this person tells me lies and gives bad advice but somehow I always listen to this person anyways and always get screwed over:cringe::cringe: The person is very insistent, almost aggressive, when pushing me to take the advice or telling lies in a way that make me believe them. I have tried putting my foot down before and saying no but the person just gets upset and plays the victim and makes me feel guilty which the person then takes advantage of. I don't need this kind of person in my life.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 OMG.. this has happened to me.. in the past.. Take this with the circumstances I am under... sorry for being blunt....

You have to decide what is more important to you---either the "false" friendship, or the truth..

sorry to sound so blunt..but, I have been under an ton of emotional stuff...

I have been there, done that...
@LTS Just "Ghost" yourself.... it will be apparent, within a short period of time..

Better you discover this now; rather than later....
Do not respond to e-mails, phone calls.... it will eventually die down...

The most important thing to take out of this experience; is that YOU Cannot TRUST this person....
let it go.. let it die off, on it's own....
You will be a better person, for doing so....Much stronger..and wiser..

Just my opinion... but; what do I know????

You are too good a person, a KIND, CARING, HIGHLY INTELLIGENT PERSON, to take all this crap...It is not worth it... either emotionally and professionally..

(( HUGS ))))

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 , I once had a person in my life who very clearly had control "issues." She always had to be in charge. If a job had been given to me (by the person who was really in charge) and I was doing it slowly because doing it fast meant doing it wrong she would take it out of my hands and do it herself, fast and wrong. It was obvious that she had some kind of emotional problem that was causing this behavior, so I cut her a lot of slack. Then one day we were talking and I mentioned that she might want to get some therapy and she said to me, "Oh, I know I need therapy, but my parents caused my problems so it's up to them to pay for my therapy. I'll get therapy when my parents pay for it."

Understand, this wasn't because she didn't have enough money to get therapy, it was because she was playing power games with her parents, just as she did with everyone else. When she basically told me that she knew she had problems; she knew what to do about those problems; and she was deliberately choosing not to do anything about them, I suddenly stopped cutting her slack. I stood up to her when she tried to bulldoze people into doing things her way (I tried to do so politely, but was quite willing to be rude when it proved necessary), and whenever possible I began avoiding situations where I would have to interact with her. Eventually she disappeared from my life. I occasionally see her around, but she ignores me and I ignore her.

Margret

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There wasn't much of a friendship to begin with anyways. We briefly worked together (same department but different teams) and haven't kept in touch very much since then. It's almost always me reaching out to talk to the person. It was kind of one sided.

Anyways, I'm done venting about this and I'm completely done with this person :thud:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally found out what happened with the MRI. The doctor looked at it and made a decision last month-never called like he was supposed to :rolleyes3:

The important thing is that whatever he saw he can't help me with, so I authorized them to send everything to UPMC.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday, I had my first experience with a negative reaction to breastfeeding. Aedan and I went to my friend's son's baseball game and he got hungry. Naturally, I fed him. He won't eat with a blanket over his head, but I was still discreet and didn't have everything hanging out. His head had me completely covered. My sister noticed someone pointing and staring. She was walking away by the time DD came over to tell me about it. It really annoyed more that I didn't get the opportunity to say something. It's completely natural and best for him and I refuse to be embarrassed or ashamed.
I will never in my life understand why we consider showing all sorts of graphic violence perfectly acceptable, but nurturing a baby is somehow taboo. Methinks we have our priorities a little skewed.

I took him out once I got that one fitted. And he ate grass. Then he actually walked to the door to be let in. Just a few minutes after we came back inside, he puked up all that grass, inside, on the carpet.
Of course he did. He's a cat. It's in the Secret Feline Manual.

Just my opinion... but; what do I know????
Um...a LOT, but you tend to question yourself to much, Darlin.

The important thing is that whatever he saw he can't help me with, so I authorized them to send everything to UPMC.
OH GOOD! We're moving forward again! I get how overwhelmed doctors can be, but GOOD GRIEF!

I want to move to Scotland. I really, really do.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying. We have to give Marcy up. I found her a home. She's going to a woman John knew in school. Technically, we can only have two cats, but the lady in charge basically said she'd look the other way if we have 3. We have monthly inspections and I'll have to leave with Mickey every month. She suggested it but said not to tell anyone she said that.
We originally didn't plan to keep Marcy anyway, but I got attached when we couldn't find her a home. Now that she's been spayed and had her shots, it was easier. I hate this but we can't keep living here. The neighbors fighting all the time and the constant parties are stressing me out, not to mention the fact that we're so crowded, we can barely turn around. Still, I'm heartbroken.
We got the keys to the new place and we still have this place til the end of June so we have plenty of time to get moved. But I'm really gonna miss my little Marcycakes.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Help quick. I caught Montressor licking the mayo off my husband's lunch plate. I didn't see anything suspect on the ingredients list. Should I worry?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Help quick. I caught Montressor licking the mayo off my husband's lunch plate. I didn't see anything suspect on the ingredients list. Should I worry?
I think our shelter recommends it as something to help cats with constipation, so I can't imagine it would be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.