The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the practice.  From reading online forums I have been surprised to see more then a few get induced at 39 weeks with no medical reason.  Sad as IMO inductions before baby is ready can lead to a csection that could have been avoided by not trying to induce unless truly medically needed. 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laying in bed while son is in Jumperoo happily playing with toys.  Been snowing for hours but light and not much on ground.  Love the color of the sky when it snows.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trying to decide if I want to try bringing Ruby outside (on her harness). She hasn't quite gotten used to the idea of being leashed yet, but she loves being outside and I feel bad that we couldn't afford a birthday present this year.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the practice.  From reading online forums I have been surprised to see more then a few get induced at 39 weeks with no medical reason.  Sad as IMO inductions before baby is ready can lead to a csection that could have been avoided by not trying to induce unless truly medically needed. 
Ugh, that bugs me. My former boss was induced at 39 weeks because she's overweight. I was induced with my 1 year old at 38 weeks 6 days because my blood pressure was rising and I was having bad headaches a lot because of it. My doctor induced because of that and I was getting really scared that I was going to get preeclampsia again.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
He being my ex.

I have a question. Is it normal in America to induce labour on the due date if the baby hasn't come yet?
39 years ago today, I was due to be born. Another two weeks went by, and nope, I wasn't coming out on my own. THEN they induced. I know a lot of folks seem to get C-sections these days if babies are not born on time.

I'm just chilling out. Need to brush the kitties' toofies and then pill Sara (or maybe vice versa, not sure yet). Already scooped all the litter boxes, wiped down Maple, paid some bills. Need to check the towel on Maple's chair - no dampness for a few days now! Better get to it now.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off today! Trying to do laundry, but the machine keeps stopping *grrr*. So draining it and will try again once that's done. Heard back from the vet today regarding Maple's blood test results, there was a minor miscommunication about which number to call and he called my office on Friday. Anyway, her blood work is all great!
We talked about her litter habits and her little backtrack recently, so we're gonna put her on Prozac and see if that helps with her anxiety. Because this cat most certainly has anxiety issues.
wonderful news about your little Canuck 
 blood work wise not the anxiety part   

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
wonderful news about your little Canuck :clap:  blood work wise not the anxiety part   
My little Canuck ended up (most likely) having a UTI though, discovered Wednesday after seeing blood in her pee. She'd stopped using the litter box again and she went on the pee pads. So an antibiotic shot and a few days later, she's using the litter box again! Haven't seen anything outside the litter box in a few days. No leakage on her chair towel even! It's amazing!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
39 years ago today, I was due to be born. Another two weeks went by, and nope, I wasn't coming out on my own. THEN they induced. I know a lot of folks seem to get C-sections these days if babies are not born on time.

I'm just chilling out. Need to brush the kitties' toofies and then pill Sara (or maybe vice versa, not sure yet). Already scooped all the litter boxes, wiped down Maple, paid some bills. Need to check the towel on Maple's chair - no dampness for a few days now! Better get to it now.
Two weeks I can understand but the same day? Wait a couple of days. After all its not an exact science.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, that bugs me. My former boss was induced at 39 weeks because she's overweight. I was induced with my 1 year old at 38 weeks 6 days because my blood pressure was rising and I was having bad headaches a lot because of it. My doctor induced because of that and I was getting really scared that I was going to get preeclampsia

Oagain.
catlover19 catlover19

With you there was a good reason but a completely healthy girl? It's like American vets advising declawing.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm amazed how getting up at 4:30-5am doesn't faze me anymore. Not that I'm setting my alarm for that, but I'm just waking up on my own! Could probably have tried to go back to sleep, but then was realizing I could get some stuff done and then relax with some coffee for a bit so opted for that. As I often do these days. Seems to happen at least once or twice a week, sometimes more.

Gotta feed the kitties in another half hour. They were more than ready for me to feed them at 4:30am. I said absolutely not :lol3: 6:00am is the earliest I'll ever feed them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wondering why the heck I even bothered to come into work today. We have freezing rain, so Rick brought me in. He felt that he had to walk me into the building as the walks are solid sheets of ice....not even crunchy yet....and he was afraid I'd fall. Boiler is still not working and things have been shut down all weekend. I just checked my thermometer and it's about 53 F in here this morning. Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. I should have stayed home. 

The powers-that-be want you to come into work, but they don't care about having a safe environment. Somebody (probably somebody who's older) is going on that ice. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wondering why the heck I even bothered to come into work today. We have freezing rain, so Rick brought me in. He felt that he had to walk me into the building as the walks are solid sheets of ice....not even crunchy yet....and he was afraid I'd fall. Boiler is still not working and things have been shut down all weekend. I just checked my thermometer and it's about 53 F in here this morning. Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. I should have stayed home. 

The powers-that-be want you to come into work, but they don't care about having a safe environment. Somebody (probably somebody who's older) is going on that ice. 
When there is ice out, I stay home! 

I took a phone pole out and got 37 stitches in my forehead because a mist started falling when it was just at freezing temps and it immediately turned to ice on the roads. There was a huge pile-up on the highway that day (back in 1989). 

The last time there was ice in the parking lot here and I got out of my car, as soon as my foot hit the pavement it slipped, so I took my shoes off and walked into the building in my socks so I didn't fall. I already have a spinal cord injury from a car wreck - if I ever fell, it would do me in! 

Be careful out there! 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The powers-that-be frown on staying home, even though they do. I stayed home twice one year, once during a freezing rain storm that lasted all day; the second time was on Valentine's Day that year when we got 14 inches of snow. That year, during my evaluation, it was said that I was considered "undependable" because I was not at work those times. Even though I had taken work home with me and was working on things at home.

I've already fallen in the parking lot here because nobody had cleaned it. The maintenance guy who comes in early can't do anything because he has a bad back. The other maintenance guys are "busy" elsewhere and get to us when they can. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

My husband brings me into work on all but the absolute worst days, the ones where he even thinks it's too dangerous to be out. That has happened, but it is rare because Rick is the kind of guy who will go to work every single day. He has a good work ethic.....which means that I have a good work ethic.

ETA: They're outside now with snow blower, shovels, and ice. I don't know what a snow blower is going to do on ice, but well, OK.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so thankful that I am able to work from home and people don't really frown on it. Now when I worked in another area of my company (mail center for a health care company), the one I worked at for 8 years, they NEVER closed for inclement weather unless the post office did, which happened once the entire time I was there. And not even for an entire day! They technically opened back up at 3pm. Someone actually showed up for work at 3pm. I did not :lol3: We had two feet of snow on the ground and I had only been driving about 4 months when that snow hit us. I also left early the day before and glad I did, I heard about some folks that left later getting stuck, only to end up having to abandon their car and pay to hitch a ride home on a big truck. That's the same snowstorm where LSD was shut down, and folks actually thought they would die in their cars before being rescued.

Anyway, yeah, I work in IT quality assurance now, I have a work laptop and can work from home most of the time. There are some aspects of my job that require me to physically be there. Like when we have to use the big scanner, etc. Plus things are just faster when directly connected to the network vs remote access. I try to make sure to never forget "where I came from" though, so to speak, and that being able to work from home is not a right, but a privilege. It's amazing though how many folks don't have the perspective of being somewhere that required them to come in during bad weather.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Having kitten withdrawals! I miss Nala Ava Marie soooooo much! It's not that I don't trust my fiancé with her. I mean her basic needs will be taken care of. She's only 5 1/2 months old and babies need their Mother. He won't harm her but he certainly won't dote on her like I do. He doesn't know how she likes to cuddle in the mornings. He doesn't understand that she is still a baby, she's teething. He doesn't know she likes to feel me breathing. She gets in the covers and nestles up to me. He tries to play with her like she's a dog sometime. She doesn't like that. She likes to "ambush" me and pounce on me when I walk by the table with the lace tablecloth upstairs. (It's so cute, she thinks I can't see her!) [emoji]128571[/emoji] She probably looked for me all night. [emoji]128148[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji] Baby kittens need their Mommy. I need my baby kitten girl! [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fear of walking on ice..or anything slippery. I have fallen all too often.

I also, had a job where I had to be in every day, no matter what. Even when the Governor ordered several State of Emergencies where no one was to be on the road. 

Many years ago, I invested in ice cleats. They are awesome! It is like a rubber covering for your shoes/boots which has some cleats attached to it. With these,  You can absolutely walk on ice! without a problem! 

So many people have stopped and asked me about them. They are not expensive. I know you can find them on line and LLBean had a version of them also. 

Last fall I took was in work, without ice. I broke my upper arm resulting in shoulder issues. Now I stay home in bad weather; ice or snow. unless I absolutely have to go out.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Having kitten withdrawals! I miss Nala Ava Marie soooooo much! It's not that I don't trust my fiancé with her. I mean her basic needs will be taken care of. She's only 5 1/2 months old and babies need their Mother. He won't harm her but he certainly won't dote on her like I do. He doesn't know how she likes to cuddle in the mornings. He doesn't understand that she is still a baby, she's teething. He doesn't know she likes to feel me breathing. She gets in the covers and nestles up to me. He tries to play with her like she's a dog sometime. She doesn't like that. She likes to "ambush" me and pounce on me when I walk by the table with the lace tablecloth upstairs. (It's so cute, she thinks I can't see her!) [emoji]128571[/emoji] She probably looked for me all night. [emoji]128148[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji] Baby kittens need their Mommy. I need my baby kitten girl! [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]
Where is she? Or are you the one away from home?

I ALWAYS miss my kitties when I'm away. Even during the day when at work, I miss them! When I went to Portland for a week last year, I couldn't believe how much I missed my babies.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in Waterloo about an hour away from our house in the country, I just had all these appointments, dietician, dentist, physical therapy and babysitting my 17 month old niece tonight that I came here. We have an apartment here so he doesn't have so far to drive when he works at Target Distribution Center. Nala Ava Marie travels a lot! He has this week off of work & doesn't have to be here in town so I let him keep my baby kitten with him. Regretting it bc I miss her so much. Is he cleaning her litter boxes? Is he giving her the right amount of her food? Is he yelling at her for biting? Ugh so many unknowns. She's only been away from me when she had her emergency surgery when she got hurt and when she had her spay surgery. She's not very vocal but I miss her little meows. I miss her warm, fluffy little body. Even her morning kitten breath! Lol. I'm obsessed. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️ I hope he put fresh water through her fountain!

Status
Not open for further replies.