The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lying here here reading everything .she's a beautiful cat and does look pregnant
Had my xrays. The technician said nothing broken but I do have scoliosis which I didn't know and explains the backaches. Now it's just rest and hope I heal quickly. It hurts. Still could be worse. The cats don't understand what's happening. I lie on the couch instead of my TV chair.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What did you mean what am I waiting for?
I can't answer for Handsome Kitty but when I read your post about feeling terrible awhile back, for some reason I interpreted it meaning that you couldn't go to the doctor until Friday and it was Monday when you posted.  You actually didn't say that - I'm not sure where I got the idea.  
  Anyway, I also wrote something about Friday being a long way away to have to wait for relief.    

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I misread your post.  I thought you were waiting until Friday to see someone about your back.

Are you feeling better today?
Not really. Just glad nothing is broken. It'll take time to heal though. Thanks for asking.
My daughter says I need stick and to get my cataracts seen to. Sigh.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL just had her cataracts taken care of and she loves it.  Says she can see colors again.

I wonder if some simple core exercises would help your back.  Course not until you feel better.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like all those names! I thought about "Bella" when I first saw her! I cannot get her into the vet until Friday! It's a small town, are they really THAT busy? Dale won't let me make a little nest for her in the "good" attached garage that's heated. [emoji]128549[/emoji] He put food and water in the old barn for her but......Chloe Lynn's doghouse is at the front of the old barn. What if kitty is too scared to go through the garage bc big ol' Chloe right there? Ugh! Chloe Lynn is super gentle and sweet and wouldn't hurt a flea but that tiny cat doesn't know that! It's dark here already but in the morning I'm going to get something set up better for her.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL just had her cataracts taken care of and she loves it.  Says she can see colors again.

I wonder if some simple core exercises would help your back.  Course not until you feel better.
I'm terrified of doing my cataracts. Did it hurt and what did they do?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't answer for Handsome Kitty but when I read your post about feeling terrible awhile back, for some reason I interpreted it meaning that you couldn't go to the doctor until Friday and it was Monday when you posted.  You actually didn't say that - I'm not sure where I got the idea.  :wife:   Anyway, I also wrote something about Friday being a long way away to have to wait for relief.    
ALL done and dusted. Just have to wait patiently now for the healing process.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get all the details but there was almost no down time.  She had one eye taken care of the other a week later.  I know when she had her foot operated on it took many months to recover so I was surprised (and glad) to hear how quickly she recovered from this.  She is in her 80's.  My FIL is getting his done next.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got home from grocery shopping. About to have a shower, my husband will put our daughter to bed and my son is already in bed. Then relaxing time.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh. re-thinking going back to school. I dread the idea, but I can't afford to work retail forever and no one else will hire me. :/

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. re-thinking going back to school. I dread the idea, but I can't afford to work retail forever and no one else will hire me. :/
What are you looking to get into? I decided to go back to school right before I turned 30, got my Bachelors degree, then for shiggles went for my Masters. Took another TWO YEARS to get a job after finishing grad school that was more befitting me because I didn't have experience. It was a Business degree though, and I had to work my butt off getting my name out there (within my own company - it's pretty big) but eventually got into a better job in another department. It might be different depending on what you're looking to get into though. Not trying to discourage (education is never a bad thing!) but making you aware. Definitely don't regret getting my Masters. I enjoy saying that's my highest level of education on surveys :lol3:

One major life lesson I learned though: School teaches you best practices, and businesses often do something entirely different.

What am I doing... sitting here rambling on TCS :lol3: been up since before 4am (and awake even longer) so not sure I'm "all here" today. I question whether I'm "all here" most days though. Getting my hair done on Saturday so trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I've not had it done since before Lucky died, just haven't had the oomph. I was seriously considering getting a buzz cut because I hate my hair right now. However, not sure it's the right time of year for that. And thinking about getting a different color. Might go "normal" for awhile. Might not. Going to a different place than I usually do that is much closer to my house (right next door as opposed to a 45 minute drive away). They might not even have the color I get usually. I usually go for a purplish-maroon color. I wonder what work would think if I had blue hair? I do work in an office, but it's IT, no one cares what you look like in IT.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Go. Just go. You won't be sorry. I started college as a non-traditional student when I was 40 years old. It took me almost ten years because I worked full-time and went to classes part-time. But I made it through with a degree in Geography and a Concentration in Environmental Planning. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. In fairness, I couldn't have made it without help from both my husband and our son. They cooked, they cleaned, my son helped me study for exams and he got me through my math classes.

(I had never taken any Algebra classes in high school, so it took a while for that particular light bulb to click on in my brain; I didn't "get" the whole x and y thing for quite a while. Then suddenly one night, the light bulb clicked on and I said, "Ohhhhh! I get it!" My darling son looked at me, put his head down on the table and said, "FINALLY!!!" 
. Our son was a Physics major in college, so Algebra was nothing to him. And I made it through the Algebra CLEP exam. He helped me through the Statistics class, which was an actual class, not a CLEP exam, too.)

Go. Just go.

Anyway, I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and telling myself to start working. Still dredging my way through Chapter 4 here at work, but almost done! InDesign rocks.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin had his cataracts done recently One eye at a time. He said his vision is so much better than it has been in years. The worst part is putting in the eye drops. and getting new prescription glasses....

If you need to have it done, I would suggest you go and do it.....but after your back heals..and you feel better...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin had his cataracts done recently One eye at a time. He said his vision is so much better than it has been in years. The worst part is putting in the eye drops. and getting new prescription glasses....

If you need to have it done, I would suggest you go and do it.....but after your back heals..and you feel better...

:alright:    :hugs:
Eyedrops don't bother me. It's the actual procedure that terrifies me. I hate having my eyes touched in any case. Ask him what they do and how you keep your eyes open.
It'll be afteru stupid back heals of course.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
And I made it through the Algebra CLEP exam.
Thank goodness for those CLEP exams. I hadn't quite finished by Associates when I was younger so this got me to a point where I could start as if I had. It also meant I didn't have to take anymore math classes. I was fine with math but geez, I didn't want to pay to learn stuff I really already knew. Statistics was definitely the closest thing to a math class I took. The professor made it fun though, used gambling as examples of things :lol3:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Eyedrops don't bother me. It's the actual procedure that terrifies me. I hate having my eyes touched in any case. Ask him what they do and how you keep your eyes open.
It'll be afteru stupid back heals of course.
My cousin really did not want to go into detail with me, but he feels wonderful! He is so glad he had them done.

I do not understand what you mean about how do you keep your eyes open?

I know the doctors have all sorts of tricks to avoid us to blink.. I am not sure if he had it as an outpatient surgery or not. I think he did.

I have another cousin who had the laser surgery for his vision... He is doing great. That was about 12 years ago.

My dad had to have some injections for macular degeneration. 

I honestly feel that if you need to have the cataracts removed, then please go ahead and do so. It seems as if it is not a big deal, not painful, and worth going through the surgery.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg! I am freaking here! Nala Ava Marie leaped off a high window sill and now she's limping! Omg! My poor accident prone baby girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.