The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to go to Taco Bell for some lunch. We're having a high wind warning right now, and our garbage cans (which were out for pick up) were all on their sides and being pushed about. I picked them up and rolled them back to where they belonged. Then as I'm driving out of the complex, I saw skirting blown off of quite a few of the manufactured homes in here (thankfully not off ours). So I drive down the street, watching all the traffic lights blowing about in the breeze, I turn into the Taco Bell and see a sign on the window saying the power was out. Well, that was a bust. Headed back home, empty-handed.

I can't complain too much. It's almost 60 degrees out.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to go to Taco Bell for some lunch. We're having a high wind warning right now, and our garbage cans (which were out for pick up) were all on their sides and being pushed about. I picked them up and rolled them back to where they belonged. Then as I'm driving out of the complex, I saw skirting blown off of quite a few of the manufactured homes in here (thankfully not off ours). So I drive down the street, watching all the traffic lights blowing about in the breeze, I turn into the Taco Bell and see a sign on the window saying the power was out. Well, that was a bust. Headed back home, empty-handed.

I can't complain too much. It's almost 60 degrees out.
Wind in the Windy City!  Who'da thunk? LOL  It windy here too - the cats have been on the windowsill all day enjoying the glorious weather and fresh air. I can't believe it is 65F right now at 3:50 in the afternoon!  Taco Bell sounds good. I haven't been there in a while, even though there are two locations within a couple miles of mt in either direction. But tonight, I am thinking I am gonna order a pizza and hope they don't mess it up this time. I have a coupon for a free large 2-topping because they totally brought the wrong pizza last time. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Wind in the Windy City!  Who'da thunk? LOL  It windy here too - the cats have been on the windowsill all day enjoying the glorious weather and fresh air. I can't believe it is 65F right now at 3:50 in the afternoon!  Taco Bell sounds good. I haven't been there in a while, even though there are two locations within a couple miles of mt in either direction. But tonight, I am thinking I am gonna order a pizza and hope they don't mess it up this time. I have a coupon for a free large 2-topping because they totally brought the wrong pizza last time. 
Well, there's windy, then there's gusty :D Reminds me of when we have a really bad thunderstorm, just without the lightning and rain. Kinda like when we have the occasional derecho. There are quite a few clouds out now though, it was nice and sunny earlier! I definitely didn't expect to see so much damage though for some reason.

Pizza sounds good tonight. I might have some delivered, even though it's just down the street. I'm feeling so lazy, lol. I had been considering going out tonight but nah, think I won't.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there's windy, then there's gusty
Reminds me of when we have a really bad thunderstorm, just without the lightning and rain. Kinda like when we have the occasional derecho. There are quite a few clouds out now though, it was nice and sunny earlier! I definitely didn't expect to see so much damage though for some reason.

Pizza sounds good tonight. I might have some delivered, even though it's just down the street. I'm feeling so lazy, lol. I had been considering going out tonight but nah, think I won't.
That's why I am thinking of ordering in pizza tonight. I've already been out and about today and I think all the fresh air blowing in my windows has made me sleepy! And I know all about the wind in Chicago. My sister used to live in Lake Bluff. We had to go out during the beginning of a big storm one night and collect her lawn furniture from her neighbors yard.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
After searching and searching, I think I finally found the hair style I want to get today. I also want this color. Exactly this color. I hope they can make it happen. Never been to the place I'm going to today.

I guess this isn't too different from what I've had. Well, the style is a little different. But the other place never quite got the color just perfect.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just taking a little while to relax while snuggling with little deedee, after completing the usual morning chores. middle of the day snacks for the cats, and my lunch, are coming up shortly.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a glorious 70F here today and I have all the windows open. I am listening to all the mototcycles going up and down the road - a sure promise Spring has arrived! 

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After searching and searching, I think I finally found the hair style I want to get today. I also want this color. Exactly this color. I hope they can make it happen. Never been to the place I'm going to today.

I guess this isn't too different from what I've had. Well, the style is a little different. But the other place never quite got the color just perfect.

Seriously loving that color. :heart: I kinda miss my red (and my fun haircuts!). I'm deciding between teal and my old magenta-y color right now... :think:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Love that color! Mine is more like a strawberry blonde...took a long time to get the correct 'formula'..now this is "my" color!

It changes in brightness and depth of blonde and red depending on the lighting.

Hate to say it, but at my weight, I am kind of limited as to options for great styles...also, cannot keep arm up very long to style it..and of course, at my age along with all the stress I have had, my hair is starting to thin.  sigh...

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's not quite the red that is in the picture, and my hair is too thick to hold up the style like it does in the pictures (at least not without so much product that my hair turns into a brick!) but I likey! I think to get that color I really need to go to my punk friends that do hair, but they are all in the city, and in places without convenient parking. I like convenient parking :lol3:

artiemom artiemom , you should do whatever hairstyle you like. Don't feel limited by weight (I know I don't). I've seen 60-year-old 200+ lb ladies with multi-colored mohawks. They don't care if people like it or not, because THEY like it. Not saying to do a mohawk, lol, but do whatever hairstyle you do like.

My mom has had all of her hair chopped off twice (full on buzz cut, as close to bald as you could get without a razor). She's 5'11" and weighs over 200#, and has a bit of a cone-shaped head. She LOVED it so much! I think the only people bothered by it were my brothers, lol.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there's windy, then there's gusty :D Reminds me of when we have a really bad thunderstorm, just without the lightning and rain. Kinda like when we have the occasional derecho. There are quite a few clouds out now though, it was nice and sunny earlier! I definitely didn't expect to see so much damage though for some reason.

What's derecho?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I LOVE the colour. Years ago I used to have fire engine red.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Stewball, Derechos are a type of violent windstorm.  This link describes them pretty well.  http://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/AbtDerechos/derechofacts.htm   We had one in Maryland a couple of years ago that left a lot of people (including me) without power for over a week.  A lot of trees came down.

I am about to sit down to dinner..  Chula has just  had a rousing game of "chase the red dot" and is begging for more but she'll have to wait, poor baby!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love that color! Mine is more like a strawberry blonde...took a long time to get the correct 'formula'..now this is "my" color!

It changes in brightness and depth of blonde and red depending on the lighting.

Hate to say it, but at my weight, I am kind of limited as to options for great styles...also, cannot keep arm up very long to style it..and of course, at my age along with all the stress I have had, my hair is starting to thin.  sigh...
It's a lovely colour. I'm planning on changing mine. I was going to on Tuesday but the road coming up and hitting me put an end to that. By the time I'll be able to go to the hairdresser, I'll be completely white.
Now I'm in my 70's I've got a normal hairstyle. I had a buzz cut for some time dyed engine red. I went to Thailand and was easily found when we were being called to the coach. However a buzz cut and a fat face don't go. It is now half way down my back.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball, Derechos are a type of violent windstorm.  This link describes them pretty well.  http://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/AbtDerechos/derechofacts.htm   We had one in Maryland a couple of years ago that left a lot of people (including me) without power for over a week.  A lot of trees came down.

I am about to sit down to dinner..  Chula has just  had a rousing game of "chase the red dot" and is begging for more but she'll have to wait, poor baby!  
I don't know if yesterday would have been considered a derecho or not, but it sure did a lot of damage. Trees knocked down all over, power out to tens of thousands of homes, roofs taken off, windows blown out of skyscrapers in the Loop, and for most people it was garbage pickup day, so you can imagine all the garbage (and garbage cans) that flew all over the place.

And then there was this that happened in Elk Grove Village (pic from this page http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160219/news/160218673/)

We had a derecho that lasted for days in October of 2010. I had just gotten my driver's license and was trying to drive (even though I was still terrified) in weather that was pushing my little car around!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 1:00 A.M. and I am sitting here listening to a serious thunderstorm and watching the lightening illuminate the sky. Beautiful!  

However, even though the Boys were both on the windowsill enjoying the fresh breeze blowing in, that last resounding clap of thunder sent them both scurrying under the bed with their eyes blazing! Poor babies! It scared the crap out of all three of us! 

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sitting here waiting for the coffee to brew so I can wake up Rune and take a muscle relaxer. I hurt. Hecate was being a brat last night while we were trying to sleep, so Rune wasn't able to fall asleep until he went into the bedroom and locked Hecate out. I woke up 15 minutes later and noticed Rune missing and we t into the bedroom with him, locking Hecate out. After listening to her scratch and whisper/hiss/cry at the door for about 20 minutes, we wound up letting her in. It seems she doesn't like it when we go to bed. That's when she does the most misbehaving.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness our heatwave broke. We've had days of high 25°c + and now we're way down with rain and thunder. Welcome back winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.