The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday I met friends for lunch and the musical play, MJ. We got tickets awhile ago and were not disappointed. The music was amazing and there was a standing ovation. This little cutie waited patiently outside for the doors to open.

IMG_2073.jpeg IMG_2078.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I met friends for lunch and the musical play, MJ. We got tickets awhile ago and were not disappointed. The music was amazing and there was a standing ovation. This little cutie waited patiently outside for the doors to open.

View attachment 458149View attachment 458150
Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the play.....❤

He's cute,..MJ still reaching new fans

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well kind of if I don’t get my kids one? I did get them mini frozen pizzas for the first 2 days. And a small cobb salad from the deli for DD. I got a southwest chicken one. So good! :drool:

DD’d Ukulele came yesterday so she started the online lessons. She said it went great! She’s wanted music lessons for a long time but they are (understandably) a bit expensive. This is a good start for her.:redheartpump:
A Good parent rewards themselves as well for a good job done!!!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy I just saved a baby lizard from the jaws of death!When 3 of my babies come barreling into the house through the cat flap I know the lead cat has the prize - then they are all scrambling to get tye prize when it's released for the hunt game.... that's when I try my best to rescue the lizards
Had to pry open Max's mouth but thankfully the teeny baby lizard was unharmed!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My soul-kitty was named Morning Glory after sparklers we used to light at camp when I was a kid. They did more than just one kind of sparkle and we loved them. I was devastated when she suddenly died back in 2002. So even though shes named for the sparklers I still associate the flowers with her.

I kept noticing something blue in my back fence. I could see a vine had grown up but we have a couple kinds of weedy vines elsewhere in the yard so I didn’t think it was actually something flowering. Today I decided to walk back there; its an ivy leaved morning glory! I sure didn’t plant it and its next to my raised beds where I’ve only ever done veggies. Maybe the birds planted it since it is near a birdhouse too. However it got there; those blooms are such a beautiful surprise!

F22B0F52-904B-48A5-970A-9C8FDDB70C90.jpeg
40C5991C-A682-4748-8F18-21587C26076D.jpeg
E4B70D8D-B270-4B9F-87B0-7E2A7537CCA4.jpeg

And a Mexican Sunflower bloom because its pretty too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Small positive but so happy - I had a good coupon for DSW and found a pair of my favorite brand of sandals on sale because it's the end of the season. I can only wear a few different brands that are better quality and they're usually more expensive. All my years of running have taken a toll on my feet so to find the brand I like at a big discount was a great find. 👍

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister is coming in this week for a high school reunion. She has a lot of people to see including high school/college friends and family. I can't wait to see her but dreading having to run around and clean the house, lol. :lol: I better get off line and start now or I won't have time to do everything I want.;)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally found the missing DVD's for DS's Writing Curriculum! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::banana2::dance::jive:

I was literally looking one last time before biting the bullet and spending the money on the streaming lessons because we can't put it off any longer. I was able to get to a stack of totes in the garage and it was in the middle of a middle one.

Right then DH opened the garage door to go to work and I popped up from behind the stack with it in the air and shouted "I FOUND IT!!" I told him he'd already missed the victory dance though. Lucky man. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that my DD is getting older and we are trying to make sure she’s learning all she needs for college someday; I decided to pay for a grading service for her writing curriculum this year. (She wants to be a writer.) So far she has turned in 2 compositions and gotten them back with 100% on both. :hyper: The scorer writes comments and includes something to work on. This last assignment she wrote “_____, Congratulations on acquiring a skill that not many adults know, let alone young people. …”:touched:

I’m so proud you guys! She works really hard on these and I do go over things; but I’ve never felt confident in knowing what is considered good writing for her age. It’s definitely a leap of faith to school your kids yourself; so gosh I can’t tell you how good and reassuring it is to see this kind of feedback.

Her first composition this year was to describe a grandparents house and it was so funny I had to send it to my cousin; who loved it. We both got a charge out of it; seeing our grandparents house through her eyes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister has been visiting for a week and will be leaving tomorrow. We had a wonderful time together but I will miss her when she goes back home. I wish she lived closer but glad we had this time together. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.