The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to do grocery shopping this morning and as I have done for the last few weeks, stopped by the pharmacy to see if they had the new COVID booster in and this time they did! They said they aren’t advertising it yet because they have no idea how much they are getting delivered but thankfully I timed my visit right and got mine. I have my great nephew’s wedding and reception to go to in two weeks and I will feel much more secure about being around all those people.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found a good deal on mums after my dentist appointment today. I intended to get 3 but went with 5 after playing eenie-meanie-miney-mo and seeing the prices for nice size plants. A gentleman in the garden section helped me get them on a cart and the woman who took my payment helped me get them to my car too. Normally I have a kid or two in tow to help. :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked raspberries yesterday afternoon and a nice sized crop. Without rain for so long this summer the bushes still had a lot of berries but they were really tiny. Then a week or so of rain and amazingly they plumped up to full size big juicy berries. Some were over ripe but plenty were perfect. Somehow the fall berries seem to taste better than the summer ones.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
times and shut off- nothing fancy but kind of a learning curve - I think a truly Smart Light would do dishes, wash windows and empty kitty litter pans) but for the time being on and off is considered "smart"..lol
I have a couple different kind of smart bulbs. Simple motion detector ones in the basement that turn in when I walk into the room and one that is voice activated. I don’t use that one anymore because I prefer using smart outlets and Alexa to control the lights.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple different kind of smart bulbs. Simple motion detector ones in the basement that turn in when I walk into the room and one that is voice activated. I don’t use that one anymore because I prefer using smart outlets and Alexa to control the lights.
I would love to have that options however between hubby and grandkids no one would leave the light switch alone and i would be back to square one. It's just for when we are out of town that I would be using it. But I really do love the motion detector types but I am doomed with the lightswitch crowd. Be Well

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would love to have that options however between hubby and grandkids no one would leave the light switch alone and i would be back to square one. It's just for when we are out of town that I would be using it. But I really do love the motion detector types but I am doomed with the lightswitch crowd. Be Well
I kept wondering why my bathroom light would come on in the middle of the night. (Motion Sensor). Turns out one of my cats likes to look at herself in the mirror and has learned if she goes over to where the switch is, it turns on for her. She's a bit of a Diva.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept wondering why my bathroom light would come on in the middle of the night. (Motion Sensor). Turns out one of my cats likes to look at herself in the mirror and has learned if she goes over to where the switch is, it turns on for her. She's a bit of a Diva.
That is why I only have my motion lights in the basement. Wandering kitties can turn them on.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS and I just strung the fall lights and leaf garland around the top of th kitchen cabinets. I got them wiped down on top first too. (A chore I neglect because even on my big stepstool I can’t see up there.)

I also rehung the rest of my pictures I hadn’t after painting this summer and dusted my bookshelf top well too.

We stayed home and attended church online today because DS seemed to have a little bug yesterday. He seems much perkier today with just a small cough. I also took a long nap yesterday and slept long overnight; so I’m feeling good today!

Status
Not open for further replies.