The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got to try making homemade tomato soup (from canned crushed tomatoes). It turned out really really good!! I might try adding some gnochi to it because I have them and it sounds good. But YUM! So simple!

And I finally used the immersion blender attachment for a kitchen gadget I've had for probably my entire marriage or close to it. (20 years...) :lol: Of course it immediately stained in the tomatoes but eh. Oh well.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and the girls are celebrating sunshine today! My house’s roof was designed with passive solar in mind so that in winter my southern windows flood the rooms with sunlight but in summer not a single ray comes . While no summer sunlight indoors does keep it cooler it also keeps it dark and a bit dreary. The sun is starting to be lower in the sky and this morning we had a little bit of sunlight sparkling in the living room. Didn’t last long but more is coming - another good thing about fall.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this was a nice surprise and blessing! We just had our woodstove cleaned and reinstalled after getting our new floors in last month. It cost significantly less than expected! :woo:

It looks great too!
Really happy for you,I'm sure you are enjoying the new floors and now your Woodstove is back- it's so nice to have the home as you'd like it......

I've been saving up quite some time to get my floors done come fall ... Well there goes that plan,I have my car in the shop( fully restored & custom 40yr Anniversary Mustang)-this repair is a biggie

Glad I bought a new quiet lightweight vacuum for the carpets,looks like I'll be vacuuming forever,lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Very nice!! Just don't tell my dad or stepdad I said so because I'm only supposed to talk nice about Chevys. I remember one time my stepbrother and I were about 15 and commented on a nice looking Mustang in traffic and my stepdad was horrified. :flail: My first car was almost a Camaro but they decided the insurance for a teenager to drive one was too much. I'm certain they were right. :lol:

And thank you it feels so nice to have almost everything back in place. It's just "odds and ends" now. I still need an area rug but it's picked out. I'm hoping for a sale. ;)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Very nice!! Just don't tell my dad or stepdad I said so because I'm only supposed to talk nice about Chevys. I remember one time my stepbrother and I were about 15 and commented on a nice looking Mustang in traffic and my stepdad was horrified. :flail: My first car was almost a Camaro but they decided the insurance for a teenager to drive one was too much. I'm certain they were right. :lol:

And thank you it feels so nice to have almost everything back in place. It's just "odds and ends" now. I still need an area rug but it's picked out. I'm hoping for a sale. ;)
Well, I'm sure it will be $worth$ waiting for...patience usually gets the big fish!

Your Dad sounds like me,lol I was a Chevy girl many many years -,my first ride was a 68 SS Camaro- big block......then on to many Vettes

Now,over 5 decades later I've switched sides,sort of -lol Once youve ridden the Pony its addictive

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm sure it will be $worth$ waiting for...patience usually gets the big fish!

Your Dad sounds like me,lol I was a Chevy girl many many years -,my first ride was a 68 SS Camaro- big block......then on to many Vettes

Now,over 5 decades later I've switched sides,sort of -lol Once youve ridden the Pony its addictive
Yep, the Mustangs are addictived. I would not have a Camaro if someone me gave one.

Your car is beautiful and so is the kitty in the back seat. I did not know you could get a carseat for pets.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the Mustangs are addictived. I would not have a Camaro if someone me gave one.

Your car is beautiful and so is the kitty in the back seat. I did not know you could get a carseat for pets.
Yes,the car seats are great-they have a little tether for kitties harness as well--- Sami's seat is up front-the back seat pet car seats are more complicated for the Mustang and Sam hates the back seat really-Back seat holds 3carriers side by side comfortably for the others

Although Sami is a pro I don't really put the top down with him in the car or open windows while driving-its still risky imo,he's precious cargo and its just as much fun for him looking out the windows!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a nice encounter with a hummingbird while watering flowers this morning. I didn't know they would come to sunflowers so I definitely wasn't expecting to see one on that side of the house. My mother gave me a suction cup feeder for them when hers came in a multipack. I guess I could try it on the kitchen window. The rest have screens. They are so fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.