The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A small positive. I replaced my kitchen faucet end with one that swivels and switches between stream and spray. I guess my old one was some kind of water saver because with the new piece my water pressure seems like it has doubled. Wonderful not to have to wait forever for the sink to fill.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I took my afternoon break, I grabbed a jar of unsalted dry roasted peanuts and went out back into the screen room. One of my squirrel friends and some birds were poking around in the grass looking for something to eat. They were quite pleased to get all those peanuts. The squirrels are so funny. As soon as I throw some peanuts out, they grab one. Then they run over to where each handful of peanuts lands to make sure it's not something better before they start eating. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I opened a new milk this morning to go with my cappuccino. This one is Barley Milk, but a Barista blend. It's supposed to foam more than the regular, but it foamed all over the microwave! Oh well, I will practice with it...Tastes pretty good, so that's positive.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
many positives piled up last 2 months. I finally got my associate professor title and I don't care about the actual promotion since I've done my part. I was a ball of stress like an onion, layer above layer. Now I feel sort of free. I haven't yet enjoyed this freedom for doing something extraordinary but I can dedicate my time and energy to my family, my minish (I made a very sound heavy scratcher like I've wanted to for about 2 years, all by myself), meeting up with close friends, living healthier and losing pound by pound on a manageable diet.. I know it was silly me who put that barrier that prevented me from feeling light and joyful in the first place, but I savor the result instead of beating myself over for not feeling light and joyful.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a few packages of cashews and almonds at the dollar store. Good price but they tasted old and off. I rinsed them to get the salt off and left them out for the squirrels. So fun to see them get so excited and run around grabbing and hiding the nuts.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a few packages of cashews and almonds at the dollar store. Good price but they tasted old and off. I rinsed them to get the salt off and left them out for the squirrels. So fun to see them get so excited and run around grabbing and hiding the nuts.
That's the exact reason I rarely buy any food items at the dollar store. DH sometimes buys hard candy there when he's having withdrawal. :lol: Great idea about putting them out for the squirrels and glad they enjoyed their snack. 🐿

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the exact reason I rarely buy any food items at the dollar store. DH sometimes buys hard candy there when he's having withdrawal. :lol: Great idea about putting them out for the squirrels and glad they enjoyed their snack. 🐿
I usually buy my snacks there - same stuff and expiration date as the grocery store, just smaller packages. But the nuts were something new and would have been a great bargain if the taste was better. But they weren’t a name brand like most so I should have known better.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J has finished her seventh day of butter. Now I have three dairy free days to watch for delayed reactions with diapers, sleep, etc, but right now it's looking promising. Fingers crossed! I won't even care if we fail yogurt and/or baked cheese right away. This would give me wiggle room and feel like freedom.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came across a can of nuts yesterday I had that was old. When that happens I give them to my brother for his squirrels. He washes the salt off first. He buys 50 lb bags of sunflower seeds to feed them. He has been doing that for 25 years. I guess the nuts will be a nice change for them. I used to buy big bags of saltless nuts at BJ's to feed my squirrels. I really miss watching them eating the nuts.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I came across a can of nuts yesterday I had that was old. When that happens I give them to my brother for his squirrels. He washes the salt off first. He buys 50 lb bags of sunflower seeds to feed them. He has been doing that for 25 years. I guess the nuts will be a nice change for them. I used to buy big bags of saltless nuts at BJ's to feed my squirrels. I really miss watching them eating the nuts.
Me too. And I love when spring comes and I can take a walk through the yard looking for all the places the squirrels have stashed and apparently forgotten their food. I usually find some on the window ledges, tucked into crevices on my yard statues and on top of the faucets.

I usually go acorn collecting in late summer and then freeze them until I put them out for the squirrels in winter. Saves me some dollars and they love them but unfortunately I didn’t get to it this year. So they get corn and sunflower seeds. I don’t like feeding them corn though because it sprouts all over in my flower gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.