The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure how easy it would be to find a dairy free pączki, but I did find a place that sells vegan cinnamon rolls, so I got this decadent one with pb icing, pretzels, bananas, and pb cups on it. Sooo good and an acceptable substitute for a pączki
20220301_114310.jpg

It melted a little.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had jelly donut, in place off a paçzki.... sigh...
I figured it would be easy enough to find a dairy free filling, but if there's milk in the batter or in any glaze, then it's a no go, so this was easier than asking for ingredient lists.

It's kind of dangerous to my waistline now that I know this place exists, though. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I spent Monday in the city with my daughter. We met for lunch and had a wonderful time.:rbheart: She had to get back to work so I did some window shopping and actually picked up a nice insulated vest on clearance at a great price.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a chocolate craving so went to the chocolate cafe before heading to work this morning :yummy: I was the first customer of the day. I got a Bolivian hot chocolate and a chocolate croissant for breakfast and a chocolate chip cookie to have for a snack later. I really like new shuttle bus service the town offers. I just hop on the bus to go from home right to the end, walk the block to the cafe, then walk back and take a different shuttle bus straight to work :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
decadent one with pb icing, pretzels, bananas, and pb cups on it.
The peanut butter part sounds good.

I had a chocolate craving so went to the chocolate cafe
Ha! That's too funny because my positive is that I'm glad I finished this White Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia Milk, so I can open a different flavor. I still don't really like chocolate much.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think there's some debate on whether white chocolate is actually chocolate at all because it doesn't contain cacao or something.

My boss randomly gifted me and my other co-worker a plant pot from Target. I suspect she felt a little guilty because I texted them yesterday afternoon saying I was heading to the chcocolate cafe in the morning and if they wanted anything but neither did. It's the terra cotta colored "I wet my plants" pot in the picture here :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to show my kids the house my Grandma grew up in the other day. Someone was outside so I didn't get to stop but we saw it. We could probably drive by the house my Grandpa grew up in but I can't remember the address without seeing it. It was still in the family about 10 years ago; but I have no idea if it is now. Or if it's still a neighborhood you would want to drive through. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I think my Walmart order will be here today. I got 4 more vanilla cappuccino powder. I'm going through it so fast! Also got a little flavored maple syrup sampler. Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Bourbon Barrel Aged.
1646320438218.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went with friends to see the play, "Come From Away," yesterday. It was absolutely fabulous! :clap: The audience gave them a standing ovation that must have lasted over 5 minutes. It's the true story set to music about thousands of stranded passengers in a small town of Newfoundland where they were welcomed when their plane had to be diverted during 911.
IMG_1450.jpeg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is I think my Walmart order will be here today. I got 4 more vanilla cappuccino powder. I'm going through it so fast! Also got a little flavored maple syrup sampler. Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Bourbon Barrel Aged.
View attachment 412517
I placed an order from WM yesterday. I did NOT want it to come from the store because it gets messed up most of the time. I chose shipping on purpose. Some of it is being shipped and some of it is coming from the store. What is the store bringing? The 7 jars of unsalted peanuts for my squirrel and bird friends. I am going to think positive that WM won't let them down. Fingers crossed.

I went out back yesterday when I took my afternoon break (I work from home) and 2 of my squirrel friends were waiting in the grass for their snack. They are so cute.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WM just dropped off the peanuts. They got everything right. YAY! I was concerned that they wouldn't bring me the unsalted ones. If they were for me, it wouldn't matter as much but they aren't. They got here just as I was going to lunch so I put some out back. Some of the birds were waiting in the tree. :cloud9:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stupid glitch with public transportation :angrywoman: I have a monthly pass on the auto pay subscription program. I have a pass for this month which worked up until yesterday morning. Then it was just reading "card not valid" for some reason :yelling: Card still didn't work this morning but I still got to work. Called customer service. Apparently there was some system glitch which is now fixed but some monthly passes are still for whatever reason still affected. I'm getting a new pass express mailed to me and a refund. So a positive came out of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.