The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and her family are coming in to visit later this week so I picked up a bunch of snacks as a surprise to welcome them when they get to their hotel. Even though they're predicting rain in the forecast I won't let it get in the way of our outdoor plans and spending quality time with them.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and his fiancee got a dog today. She is a 2-month-old Schipperke/corgie mix who they named Iris. She is so adorable that I will let it slide that we have a cat named Iris. She is already doing well with their three cats! Iris will soon begin training to be my daughter-in-law's emotional support dog.

They have been looking for months for the right dog when she and her two siblings popped up on a local shelter's website. The other two were adopted right away, and Iris had someone who had applied to adopt her. My son and DIL went to see her and apply, but they were told she was likely taken. They did get to see her though, and they were put on a waiting list. About 10 minutes after they left the shelter, they got a call saying that the other family had decided not to get her, so they drove back and made it official.

image.jpg

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Augustus turned one years old on May 17, 2021 and we couldn’t ask for a better pup! He is growing up so fast and I have him fully transitioned on a raw diet now. Always by my side and comes with me everywhere. It’s funny that he is so big, but Eveliina let’s him know she’s still the Queen of the house. :lol: Blessed to have my fur babies. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
F312EE48-977C-460A-8C88-DF54E87625F3.jpeg

D57FC8BB-B27D-4D1C-AB6A-24357E90B86B.jpeg

F0D7355A-B811-456E-B584-0F7B4D18FDEA.jpeg

How I get woken up to every morning.
AC80C2EC-018B-4AB2-88CC-73ABEAE95EA2.jpeg

And here is Miss Eveliina checking out the new tub. :catman:
FCD82C17-0AF4-4E98-8FEB-C3D86138EE39.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for posting new pics of your handsome boy, Augustus. He looks like such a sweet Mastiff. :heartshape: It's no wonder you take him with you everywhere. And Miss Evelina has christened the new bathtub! 🛀

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-husband must have filed with the IRS as a non-filer to get the stimulus checks because the equivalent was just deposited onto my child support card. (The IRS must have just taken it and applied it to my child support order. I know they do that with taxes, but he has not paid taxes in years because he works under the table to avoid child support.) He owes over $12,000 in back support (even after this deposit) and only occasionally sends something to avoid going to jail or having his license taken away, so I know he did not do it willingly. I nearly collapsed in shock!

As a surprise, I am paying my daughter's rent and utilities for next month and paying my son's mortgage for next month. I am also going to get some things for my Hobbit. There will be some left; therefore, I might get myself a message, treat my husband to a nice date, and put whatever is left in my bank account.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I need to catch up with some of my positives so here goes. I saw my oldest daughter who now lives in the city over the weekend. We had a wonderful time going out to a new veggie friendly restaurant for lunch, walking, talking and doing a little shopping. DH and I used our Bed, Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon before it expired to buy a new kitchen garbage can - I know that's not too exciting but I'm embarrassed to tell you how old our other one was. :hide: A woman I know at our gym asked if I would be interested in learning how to play pickle ball with her. I used to play tennis so I'm guessing it's kind of similar and looking forward to learning the game.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A woman I know at our gym asked if I would be interested in learning how to play pickle ball with her. I used to play tennis so I'm guessing it's kind of similar and looking forward to learning the game.
I've been hearing about pickle ball so I just googled it. Apparently we have several places in the area with courts! My stepdad loves Racquetball so I should ask if hes heard of it. I'm really not a coordination-required athlete though so I'll be sure he knows I'm not looking to play. :paperbag::lol: My stepsister was always his Racquetball buddy. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Pickleball is a big thing at active retirement communities, so I don’t think it requires a ton of athletic ability! :lol:
I think it depends where you play and who your teammates are - I heard many of the people at our gym think they are elite athletes and play competitively. But I will be sure to stay clear of them. 😉

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got homemade sauce with homemade meatballs simmering in the crockpot for dinner. 🍝 :yummy: It smells AMAZING in here! :cloud9:

And I already put a dozen meatballs in the freezer for another day. :banana1:

Pickleball is a big thing at active retirement communities, so I don’t think it requires a ton of athletic ability! :lol:
Um... When I tried to learn to country line dance as a teen I kicked a couple people and then sat down. :paperbag: :flail:

My mother likes badmitton so maybe it's more her speed than some other games. Depending on her partner. My step-dad is not the right partner. ;) :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had six errands to do this afternoon. All were at different locations. I didn't particularly like having to drive to each one then get in and out of the car six times but my positive is that I am happy I completed all six. One of the errands was to get flowers and a special dessert for our neighbor who fell and broke her pelvis. She was in the hospital followed by rehab but came home this Monday. It put a smile on her face to see us and the goodies which put a smile on my face too.😊

Status
Not open for further replies.