The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Early this morning I noticed that Spirit paid a visit thanks to the Wyze cam V3 starlight sensor. Spirit is one of the cats that Shaman brought and has not been seen since a week before Shaman disappeared. While I thought that Shaman has visited since April upon closer inspection I think it was just wishful thinking and lighting. Anyway I saw Spirit and that to me may mean that Shaman could be returning soon.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had bought a mystery bag from a local open air market last week. I had forgotten it was being delivered today until I saw this pretty sparkly bag sitting outside my door -

IMG_2617.jpg

There were all kinds of things in it -

IMG_2618.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to order Cuban sandwiches and empanadas
What is in the empanadas? I love Cuban sandwiches, but the bread has lard in it, so will have to use something different now.

Dates are good with cream cheese.
Yum! Thanks for the idea.

What are the food items? I can't really see the pic too well.

My positive is I'm thinking of putting an order through at Vitacost, since I'm almost out of my multivitamins. I'll probably get some granola, fig preserves, and diced ginger. I think I want to try this interesting veggie ketchup too:
1613148314864.png

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum yum. Great haul. What are you gong to make with the shredded jackfruit? My cousin uses it as a meat substitute.
Thanks! I may try them in tacos. This is my first time using them as a meat substitute and was very intrigued by the idea!

Yay, you bought an Upton's product, i.e. jackfruit. I had Trader Joe's jackfruit and did not care for it at all but maybe I should try the Upton's brand since I really like their chorizo and DH likes their Italian sausage.
Have you had fresh jackfruit before? If so, how did it compare? When searching for fruit, I was excited they had jackfruit, but only this kind, haha. I really wanted it fresh though and really enjoy it! Hope this product does the fresh justice! What/how did you prepare it when you had the Trader Joe's one?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my Cuban Sandwich fix with a side of plantains and it was so good I could have cried. It was even better than I was craving.:drool:
13D5D613-89EF-4A60-B0C3-797D555296A6.jpeg

My kids got beef empanadas and those looked fantastic. I have one to try later and a chicken one for DH. I ordered him a sandwich for later but it won’t be warm. But he’ll enjoy it and won’t be left out of the treat.😉

We got some sweets too but I’m way too stuffed to try them. The kids got parfaits with cake, cream and fresh berries. I think the other cakes are terimisu, a nuttella one, lemoncello and something else lemon. We are splitting them up to sample everything. :lol:They were/are really pretty too!
What is in the empanadas? I love Cuban sandwiches, but the bread has lard in it, so will have to use something different now.
They have a variety of empanadas. I ordered beef and chicken that both have potato in it also. Someday I'm going to have to order the variety option that's basically one of each. Its all fried so that’ll be another treat down the road.
2A9D3161-132B-4204-865C-1D47FF74CEB7.jpeg

I'll have to check those trash dumpster things daily until the end of the clean out for any more good stuff. I've seen lamps, office decor stuff, general office supply stuff like bookends and file sorters / trays, etc. Really such a waste of things that other people in the company may be able to use either at work or at home or may want to donate / sell to others.
We have some friends that have had a hard few years employment and injury wise. They have 4 kids and have paid bills and put food on the table off what they make from having regular garage sales! I bet theres a charity somewhere that could resell that kind of stuff too. Of course covid makes things harder; but not impossible.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also interested in knowing what is in it! The picture won't let me enlarge... but I think I see donuts??? yummy!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles That looks so goooooood! My stomach literally growled! Guess it is lunchtime for me. I had some of the super red strawberries for breakfast that were super flavorful with a handful of chocolate chips. Now time for real food!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles That looks so goooooood! My stomach literally growled! Guess it is lunchtime for me. I had some of the super red strawberries for breakfast that were super flavorful with a handful of chocolate chips. Now time for real food
I skipped breakfast knowing this was coming. :flail:I don’t eat much pork but man it was so flavorful and tender! Now I’m waiting for the food coma to fade so I can get on the elliptical. 😩 It was worth it!!:lol:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm also interested in knowing what is in it! The picture won't let me enlarge... but I think I see donuts??? yummy!
Those were French macarons. :) There was also chocolate chip banana bread, hot sauce, pita chips, pineapple salsa, a greeting card, a mug, a large key chain, earrings, vegan soap, hand sanitizer, sage spray, lip balm, chai mix, kombucha and I few other things I already don't remember...all in a reusable bag!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally bored this afternoon, too cold and too unsafe to go anywhere. So it seemed a good afternoon for magazine reading and I checked out a dozen from LIBBY, the online library app. Read some gossip mags and then a bunch of decorating magazines and a couple hours passed quickly. Its still amazing that it’s all there for free.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have you had fresh jackfruit before? If so, how did it compare? When searching for fruit, I was excited they had jackfruit, but only this kind, haha. I really wanted it fresh though and really enjoy it! Hope this product does the fresh justice! What/how did you prepare it when you had the Trader Joe's one?
No, I never had jackfruit before which is why I thought I would try it. One of the employees told me how much she liked it too. It was so vile I can't remember how I prepared it except that I spit it out. :barf: I probably should try another type but I have a mental block now.

My positive is it's almost Valentine's Day ❣ I know not everyone looks forward to this holiday but I have wonderful childhood memories of it. My dad would bring home candy and flowers for my mom, sister and I. We grew up celebrating the holiday and I passed the tradition on to my own children.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Jackfruit once.. I say once, and it was enough. They were giving samples out at Trader Joes.. had to throw the sample away.

It seems to be an up and coming 'thing' for meat alternatives.. Not for me..

Positive: Got second Covid Vaccine Dose...
After the shot, both a friend and myself, felt a bit chilled, for about an hour.. nothing else..

Woke up this morning, feeling warmish... took temp.. it is a tiny bit elevated.. not an official fever,
at 99.1~~ but a fever for me. My temp is usually 97.1 or even 96.1
I will take it again, after breakfast..

Arm is a bit sore.. not bad...

So, all is good!!

So grateful I live here!! Just when you feel down about living here; something they do, makes you feel so good about it... So grateful... living in a good place..

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I skipped breakfast knowing this was coming. :flail:
It definitely looks worth it! When I used to go to china buffets once a week, that would often be all I ate for the day. I'd go in for lunchtime, eat lots of food, and would not need to eat dinner. So worth it for me, too!

Those were French macarons. :) There was also chocolate chip banana bread, hot sauce, pita chips, pineapple salsa, a greeting card, a mug, a large key chain, earrings, vegan soap, hand sanitizer, sage spray, lip balm, chai mix, kombucha and I few other things I already don't remember...all in a reusable bag!
Oh, wow! Everything sounds so gooood! My mom gets a pineapple salsa from Walmart, and it is so good. It is my favorite type of salsa now! Lots of interesting goodies, too. And in a functional useable bag, that's awesome!

Salami is gross to me, but that meat rose is so on point and artistic! Everything (except the salami ;) ) looks so yummy! I was trying to figure out that that thing on the side of the desert bowl was. Was it very flexible, fresh taffy? But then realized... is may be a fortune cookie wedged on the side? Is that what it is?

No, I never had jackfruit before which is why I thought I would try it. One of the employees told me how much she liked it too. It was so vile I can't remember how I prepared it except that I spit it out. :barf: I probably should try another type but I have a mental block now.
Oh, wow! Fair enough. I hope it is more tasty to me, haha. I was so intrigued it was being sold as a mean substitute!

I tried Jackfruit once.. I say once, and it was enough. They were giving samples out at Trader Joes.. had to throw the sample away.

It seems to be an up and coming 'thing' for meat alternatives.. Not for me..

Positive: Got second Covid Vaccine Dose...
After the shot, both a friend and myself, felt a bit chilled, for about an hour.. nothing else..

Woke up this morning, feeling warmish... took temp.. it is a tiny bit elevated.. not an official fever,
at 99.1~~ but a fever for me. My temp is usually 97.1 or even 96.1
I will take it again, after breakfast..

Arm is a bit sore.. not bad...

So, all is good!!

So grateful I live here!! Just when you feel down about living here; something they do, makes you feel so good about it... So grateful... living in a good place..

Fair enough. It does seem like such an interesting thing to use for a meat substitute!

Glad only minor discomfort, it sounds like, from your second shot. And maybe a fever. How's the fever now?

My mom is getting her first on Wednesday. Her doctor's office reach out and had openings. I was surprised she got an appointment so easily as I keep reading on my town's page how difficult it has been for some finding available appointments!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up this morning and smiled that the universe is giving me more snow this morning.... for my birthday! Looking forward to a homemade birthday meal of steak, over baked cubes of sweet potato, beets, and carrots, corn casserole, and asparagus. And for desert chocolate covered bacon, yuuum!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up this morning and smiled that the universe is giving me more snow this morning.... for my birthday!
Happy Birthday! :celebrate::bday: I hope you enjoy your special meal and have a wonderful time celebrating. :jive:

My morning positive is after trying many new wet foods for Carleton because he didn't care for the present one anymore I think I found one to his liking. :crossfingers: He gobbled it up and I'm planning to buy more cans this weekend. Picky, picky eater!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom and stepdad dropped off Valentines cookies for the kids. The precut ones you just have to bake. Mom text me that she was on her way while I was reading a devotional in bed and I responded “Ok; I’ll put a bra on.” And then wondered if my stepdad was with her because her car reads texts out loud for her. He was! :flail: But they were in his car. Safe! :flail: Maybe.:flail:

DD and I are going to make a pineapple upside down cake later too.:yummy: A friend from school told me how she tweaks the basic recipe and everyone loves it. I’m excited to try!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salami is gross to me, but that meat rose is so on point and artistic! Everything (except the salami ;) ) looks so yummy! I was trying to figure out that that thing on the side of the desert bowl was. Was it very flexible, fresh taffy? But then realized... is may be a fortune cookie wedged on the side? Is that what it is?
It was indeed a pink fortune cookie!

Your birthday dinner sounds scrumptious. Especially the chocolate covered bacon!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie Happy Birthday!!!🎁🎂🎈

I spoke to a friend in here. She is checking up on her friends.
We are all feeling differently
She woke up during the night with a very sore arm. Tons of joint pain, feeling washed out Feeling chilled

Some people feel nothing!
Most are just very tired, washed out feeling

I feel washed out, knees rubbery—a bit achey back aches.. feeling chilled.
Fever is improving. Stomach at times feels queasy

I guess everyone is different. Very quiet in the building. Everyone seems to be resting.

Stretching out on recliner, tv on in background, surfing web on phone— covered up to chin with throw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.