The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody for the Naan bread recipe ideas. Can't wait to get it.

My positive is I didn't think that I liked hummus, but I loved it stirred into my Mexican food, it added a creamy flavor. So I'm hopeful that I can find other ways to use it stirred into things. Didn't really like it on chips, crackers, or bread by itself.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a new book during my workout today and it went a lot faster! I'm thinking I may only let myself read this one while i'm on the elliptical. It'll help motivate me to work out. :lol:
Was it a horror or suspenseful story?? That is what my mind imagined when reading this, haha. Like you are walking or running very fast away from something scary. I'm very intrigued on the subject matter of this book and what helped you feel more motivated with this particular one!

My positive is getting the recycling and trash bins out today. They were sealed with ice and the ice melt I poured on yesterday helped to make the connection looser and I was able to wiggle them forcefully to dislodge the ices grip today! Thank goodness because the trash bin was full and we are ready to add more after they get cleaned out today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was it a horror or suspenseful story?? That is what my mind imagined when reading this, haha. Like you are walking or running very fast away from something scary. I'm very intrigued on the subject matter of this book and what helped you feel more motivated with this particular one!
No I don’t read horror/suspense because I tend to dream about what I watch or read. :lol: Like the time when DH and I were dating and he took me to a friend’s house for dinner and they watched Aliens after dinner. DH had just bought me this cute stuffed octopus when we’d gone to the beach. The aliens looked like little octopuses. :paranoid: My little octopus ended up across the room.:lol2:

But the book does have spies. The English gentleman spy discovers the Spanish Lady Spy and they of course don’t trust each other and try to outwit each other. But then they have to work together to find the traitor leaking information to Napoleon. Of course; they’ll fall in love by the end. :lol: I’m good with a degree of predictability. Watching them get there is enough for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I almost had my new 2 pound bag of vanilla cappuccino today, but usps didn't deliver it because the driveway wasn't shoveled yet. Oh well, at least it's in the same town. I hope they attempt to bring it again tomorrow. It says "Ready For Pickup".

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is I almost had my new 2 pound bag of vanilla cappuccino today, but usps didn't deliver it because the driveway wasn't shoveled yet. Oh well, at least it's in the same town. I hope they attempt to bring it again tomorrow. It says "Ready For Pickup".
That's correct - if the driveway is not cleared they are not required to deliver mail/packages. You need to make a clear path in order for them to deliver it or it's considered hazardous for the mail carrier. I understand your disappointment about not receiving the package but rules are rules. Regarding the message, "Ready for Pickup," you may want to call to specify if you have to pick it up or if they will attempt to redeliver. Good luck! :crossfingers:

After going to Trader Joe's yesterday and finding out they were closed due to weather conditions I went back today and they were open. However, they did not get their deliveries for several days and the shelves looked barren, e.g. fresh produce was practically empty. But my positive is I got everything on my list except for two items. 👍

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Unusual weather here. Stayed in and did speed sets jaguar workout. 10 sets of 10 sec chinups,military press,speed squats,vups(sit ups legs strait), high knee. I admit,used step risers for chinups and military press and bent knee for vups. 50 yrs old Feb. 1 so do what I can
20210215_155940.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Unusual weather here. Stayed in and did speed sets jaguar workout. 10 sets of 10 sec chinups,military press,speed squats,vups(sit ups legs strait), high knee. I admit,used step risers for chinups and military press and bent knee for vups. 50 yrs old Feb. 1 so do what I canView attachment 370362
Great workout!!!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Another winter storm now thru thursday,Thursday possible. Any suggestions how to prepare?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
maggie101 maggie101 , you still may have some water in your pipes, so put stoppers in all your sinks and open all of your faucets. It not only gives you water to flush your toilet but reduces burst pipes. Leave them open until you have water again.

Status
Not open for further replies.