The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got a few positives.

My husband broke his favorite ornament when we were taking the tree down. It was from a brewery and when I checked their website they were out of stock. I contacted them and they got back to me saying they found one last one in the gift shop and they were sending it to me. :)

Even though there wasn't much snow yesterday it was super heavy and just a mess. I didn't think my mother's plow guy would plow and shovel at her house because there wasn't enough and I would have to deal with it. When I went he had been there. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What goodies did you get for them?
Trail mix, chocolate covered pumpkin caramels, dark chocolate sea salt balls, milk chocolate mint meltaways, chocolate caramel pecan pixies and chocolate drizzled pretzels.

My positive is I saw paw prints in the yard that led up to our patio table. Guess who ran out? An adorable bunny! 🐰 I'm glad the table is covered with a tarp so he or she has somewhere to escape from the cold.

Last edited:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few positives. My first is that I finally have had enough of not exercising as much as I should and eating junk and feeling gross. I'm determined to eat better and exercise more.
My second positive is that I got up fairly early today, was able to read my Bible and enjoy the serenity.
My third positive is that I was able to get some stuff that I've been needing to do for weeks done tonight (well, technically this morning lol). I feel so relieved. :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those Wallops look sooo good! Also the candy bars.
Wallops were indeed good! They were much smaller than I thought as they were a bit pricey, but good for a one time try!

Trail mix, chocolate covered pumpkin caramels, dark chocolate sea salt balls, milk chocolate mint meltaways, chocolate caramel pecan pixies and chocolate drizzled pretzels.
What a nice mix! When I ordered chocolates curbside from a local chocolate making company earlier in the pandemic, they had some clearance chocolate covered pumpkin caramels. I'm not normally a fan of pumpkin as it is normally paired with pumpkin spice, which turns me off, but these were sooooo good! Actually my favorite out all the chocolates I ordered!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is watching Persia enjoy the cat play videos. The other two like it for a bit before seeming disinterested, but Persia will sit there for an hour or more just watching! There are times the laptop that is connected to the tv runs out of juice, so when the picture shuts off the tv Persia comes over, sits at my feet where I'm sitting, and stares at me, haha. Like, what happened to the video? Do you know it turned off? Wondering if they can get addicted to screen time like humans and if I should limit her exposure each day. She sure has been enjoying it and it is so cute to watch her enjoy it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a n appt with my pain doc yesterday. He is going to do a nerve block of the shoulder area that may reduce
pain in my shoulder. I will be partially asleep. Fingers crossed!!👆🤞

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a n appt with my pain doc yesterday. He is going to do a nerve block of the shoulder area that may reduce
Sending tons of :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: your way for a successful procedure!!

When are you having this done? ((hugs))

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trail mix
I wanted to try some Trail Mix, but they all seem to have the whole almond pieces, which I can't eat, they break my teeth.
I wonder if it would be a pain to pick them out and grind them up?

I'm determined to eat better and exercise more.
My second positive is that I got up fairly early today, was able to read my Bible and enjoy the serenity.
I'm finally back on track too! I was sharing a scripture of the day on Facebook, but I noticed it drove people away. Oh well, I'll just read them to myself.

going to do a nerve block
Have you ever had one before? My friend got one last week and had a bad reaction to it.

My positive is Dad made a Target order without asking me if I wanted anything. But he bought 3 jars of this Sambal Oelek hot sauce, so I'm happy. He also got some of that jarred cheese sauce.
1612457885527.png
1612457964843.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to try some Trail Mix, but they all seem to have the whole almond pieces, which I can't eat, they break my teeth. I wonder if it would be a pain to pick them out and grind them up?

Trail Mix is wonderful especially if you need a snack on the go. Yes, it would not only be a pain to pick out the whole almonds and grind them up but kinda gross. :eek2: I think there are some with slivered almonds instead. You might want to check Trader Joe's website since they have a ton of different types of Trail Mix. I think you can buy some of their products on Amazon.

My positive is I bought a birthday gift for my great niece who is turning 4 years old. It's an adorable Dreamworks nightgown with matching one for a doll plus a jewelry bead kit with accompanying book. The book not only has instructions and visual ideas how to make the jewelry but cute stories too. Since both parents are home working remote I thought the bead kit would be a nice indoor activity for their daughter who is a very mature 4 year old.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Why would it be gross? I would be the only person eating it and I would wash my hands. :lol:
I guess the thought of going through the bag and picking them out is what strikes me as being gross. That's why I suggested looking at the T.J. website for instance. Not all Trail Mix has almonds which would be less gross, lol. :biggrin: Happy searching!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought myself a new baby crockpot and it arrived today. Its 2 quarts and was only $10! DH has not been eating beef but I want to make sauce. I always get this good sweet Italian sausage locally to cook in it but I also get beef stew meat. I’m going to make DH a small pot without beef while the kids and I get my usual in the big crockpot. I’m going to put some chicken in his. Hopefully he likes it. I think the small pot will get a lot of use with side dishes too.
I wanted to try some Trail Mix, but they all seem to have the whole almond pieces, which I can't eat, they break my teeth.
I wonder if it would be a pain to pick them out and grind them up?
I make my own mix. I buy whatever nuts, dried fruits, etc I want and split it in quart size freezer bags and freeze it. We have a local place that sells bulk nuts, pasta, dried fruits, etc. I just went recently and got a lot. I’m trying sliced almonds because they were out of slivered. The whole almonds are too much after a while. Its great making it myself because I get the goodness of the nuts without the sodium of a lot of m

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last cat bed is going to its new home today. Hopefully their cat will like it better than mine did.
:mad: This is getting ridiculous! I posted on our work's Marketplace site that I was giving away a cat bed for free on 1/28. Lady at the Sheriff's Office commented that she'd take it. She was working from home that day so I swung by her apartment on my way home after she texted me to park by the back door. I texted her that I was there. 10 minutes later, she still hadn't come out so I texted her that I needed to leave and we'd get together next week. I get home to a text from her saying she didn't see my text that I was waiting because she didn't have her phone nearby. Umm... she texted me to come to the back door and then didn't have her phone with her??

Didn't hear from her again until she texted me on Wednesday saying she was working a detail in the City and could I swing by. I told her no because of what happened last time and I wasn't about to have to try to find a parking spot and wait for her to get around to come out to get it. I told her to swing by my work the following day because I don't go anywhere during the day so I can just walk it out. She said ok. Quitting time came and she never showed. I texted her saying that somebody will be in the office until 5pm to give her the bed.

Last night around 7pm, I get a text from her saying she is at Headquarters and was told there was nobody in my office to give her the cat bed. Umm... that is why I said 5pm!! She then asked if I knew a certain Detective and could I give him the bed. I swear if he doesn't show up today and the cat bed is still sitting on my desk on Monday, I am just going to put a note on it saying FREE and put it on the loading dock for somebody to grab it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes: 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

My positive is Dad made a Target order without asking me if I wanted anything. But he bought 3 jars of this Sambal Oelek hot sauce, so I'm happy. He also got some of that jarred cheese sauce.
View attachment 368991View attachment 368992
How do you eat the cheese sauce? What do you eat it with? Looks good! Reminds me of how they sell the velveeta blocks and I've always wanted to buy, but not really sure what I'd do with it or make it with. But maybe one day! Have you ever tried velveeta cheese or had their mac and cheese?

:mad: This is getting ridiculous! I posted on our work's Marketplace site that I was giving away a cat bed for free on 1/28. Lady at the Sheriff's Office commented that she'd take it. She was working from home that day so I swung by her apartment on my way home after she texted me to park by the back door. I texted her that I was there. 10 minutes later, she still hadn't come out so I texted her that I needed to leave and we'd get together next week. I get home to a text from her saying she didn't see my text that I was waiting because she didn't have her phone nearby. Umm... she texted me to come to the back door and then didn't have her phone with her??

Didn't hear from her again until she texted me on Wednesday saying she was working a detail in the City and could I swing by. I told her no because of what happened last time and I wasn't about to have to try to find a parking spot and wait for her to get around to come out to get it. I told her to swing by my work the following day because I don't go anywhere during the day so I can just walk it out. She said ok. Quitting time came and she never showed. I texted her saying that somebody will be in the office until 5pm to give her the bed.

Last night around 7pm, I get a text from her saying she is at Headquarters and was told there was nobody in my office to give her the cat bed. Umm... that is why I said 5pm!! She then asked if I knew a certain Detective and could I give him the bed. I swear if he doesn't show up today and the cat bed is still sitting on my desk on Monday, I am just going to put a note on it saying FREE and put it on the loading dock for somebody to grab it.
That is quite the fiasco! Almost funny but still annoying she is so bad with following directions and communication.... You are right her reasons, etc. don't make sense like not having her phone next to her when she had just texted! But in the end, someone, even if not the intended target, will be happy with a new pet bed. That's so nice you are rehoming the beds so another kitty will benefit from them!

Status
Not open for further replies.