The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: There's a group of women I met when our kids were young and in school. The kids have all grown up, hence out on their own, but we've managed to stay friends and meet monthly for dinner. I'm meeting them tonight and always look forward to what you referred to as "adult conversations."
Everyone needs peers! That’s what my Grandpa and I talk about. He’s 98 this week and lives in an assisted living place that’s great. He doesn’t feel isolated waiting for family to visit. He still has regular visits; but he has people close to his generation that lived through things he did also. Sometimes its hard to call him because he’s off chatting with people. He just loves to tell me how old everyone else is. :lol: :redheartpump:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I took Lily and Iris, 15-year-old sisters, to the vet this morning for their regular exam and he said it was hard to believe they’re that old. Despite some arthritis, they’re doing great and he was very impressed with how gorgeous their coats are. Yay! And Lily growled very softly deep in her throat instead of her usual loud growling and hissing, and she didn’t try to bite. Double yay! Good girls. :petcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone needs peers!
I wish I lived in town, so I could lunch with friends more often. 🥪

Have you ever seen a more Beautiful Sleeping Beauty?
Never! ❤

My positive for today is I bought some tofu & a few other vegetarian substitutes, so hopefully I can raise my protein levels a bit. :crossfingers:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the vet with Fayola and Felix. Felix was mad the whole time but Fayola was quite calm. Everyone loved her.

To my surprise, they had 3 little kittens up for adoption and one of them chose me. I'm so tempted to adopt but I know I don't have the resources too. Only $125 which is a great price in my opinion. Plus 10% off spay/neuter at the clinic. She stuck her little paw out at me and purred and my heart melted. She looked me right in the eyes too. I named her Peach. Wish I could take her home...
20200110_094751.jpg

20200110_094226.jpg

She made my day. Not even the rude bus driver could ruin it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the vet with Fayola and Felix. Felix was mad the whole time but Fayola was quite calm. Everyone loved her.

To my surprise, they had 3 little kittens up for adoption and one of them chose me. I'm so tempted to adopt but I know I don't have the resources too. Only $125 which is a great price in my opinion. Plus 10% off spay/neuter at the clinic. She stuck her little paw out at me and purred and my heart melted. She looked me right in the eyes too. I named her Peach. Wish I could take her home...
View attachment 317007
View attachment 317008
She made my day. Not even the rude bus driver could ruin it.
Why do I have the feeling you'll be going back for her?🍑

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Missy Willow was having a fine day today, enjoying lounging near the heat register without having to run and hide from the scary stranger working on the bathroom. It has been a long two weeks for both of us and we are relieved to have the house back to ourselves.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since the temps have dipped I put the flannel sheets on our bed including a flat sheet on top for Carleton. Last night he curled up with me on my pillow and unfortunately my neck hurt this morning from sharing it with him. But his constant purr lulled me to sleep and we both slept peacefully. :sleepycat:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Temps will be in the 60s today! I bought more blue cheese last night after Nicole and I went to dinner; all you can eat cod.
It was amazing.I had 2 pieces, then another but ended up sneaking it out in my handbag because you're only allowed
to take home your first 2 pieces, ha!!. They had a salad bar. I so rarely go out for dinner I didn't realize they still had them.
I had green salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and caesar, their house dressing with crumbled blue cheese on top of the greens
with tortilla strips on top of all that,coleslaw, potato salad, and some fresh fruit, so fresh and tasty. Didn't matter that is was
raining, I was with my big sis having fun!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're going to be snowed in today so I'm planning to get some serious house cleaning done as well as bake. However, I checked two new library books out yesterday so it's a perfect day to stay home, relax and read. Whatever I choose I'll be home with Carleton all day and that's about as positive as it gets. 😻

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We're going to be snowed in today so I'm planning to get some serious house cleaning done as well as bake. However, I checked two new library books out yesterday so it's a perfect day to stay home, relax and read. Whatever I choose I'll be home with Carleton all day and that's about as positive as it gets. 😻
Which books did you check out?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of nice sometimes, isn’t it?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Which books did you check out?
Unlikely Friendships (Dogs), and a book recommended to me by a friend who is a librarian called, This Is How it Always Is.

Kind of nice sometimes, isn’t it?
OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth! ;) So nice to not have to go to work or anywhere else for that matter and look at the weather from inside my window with Carleton right by my side. I've already baked, have pumpkin bread in the oven, getting ready to put a roast in the crock pot for DH and then will make a warm cup of coffee. ☕

Status
Not open for further replies.