The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The Echo Alexa I bought mom for Christmas is working out beautifully. Mom is enjoying listening to her 30’s and 40’s music and I LOVE that instead of her calling me multiple times a day with things she wants from the grocery she can have Alexa add them to a shopping list that I am able to access online.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather has been so nice,hubby has been outside blowing all the leaves into a huge pile and then grinding them down for mulch in the garden.That
has been one of the best gifts we ever gave him!He must have uncovered quite a few bugs...birds have been going nuts on the ground behind him.Had
a new visitor today...a yellow belly sapsucker.She's made friends with the smaller maple tree.Seems like the bees appreciate her hard work...they're
all over the tree taking advantage of the sap too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up at a new (Penthouse) apartment on the first day of the year. As I opened my eyes I saw my cats by the huge bedroom window and looking outside, at the sun that was about to rise, with all those marvelous colors in the sky. I then got up, made myself a cup of coffee and went outside to the rooftop which is exclusively for our flat and watched my Bourbon looking at me from the kitchen window.
Your place sounds really wonderful.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a great interview at a retail store on Wednesday (they really liked me, but need to run my lowest acceptable wage they asked me for through another manager and will be getting back to me tomorrow), have another retail interview tomorrow, and received 2 more calls today to schedule an interview for a housekeeping job and a merchandising job. Feeling positive because I know if none of these jobs are able to offer a wage within my range or feel right, I can keep trying.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she can have Alexa add them to a shopping list that I am able to access online.
That sounds like a cool gadget. :)

Nicole brought me some great herbal tea.
I really like flavored black tea, 'cause it's a bit stronger than herbal. 🍵

My positive for today is I got my hot sauce order from Mex Grocer. 7 exciting new sauces-- 2 Habanero Sauces, 4 Taco Sauces, and 1 Habanero Relish. :hyper:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that the habanero relish I bought is really interesting. I don't know how it's a relish though, it doesn't have any pickles in it! I thought relish was cucumber pickles? :dunno:
1578139374873.png

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got another positive for today. I was trying to figure out what drink to order from coffee shops that tastes like the flavored Cappuccino from the 90s. When I order the flavored Lattes, they taste too weak for me. After some Googling, I figured out that the drink I want is Macchiato! That one has an extra shot of espresso. Can't wait to try it!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Got another positive for today. I was trying to figure out what drink to order from coffee shops that tastes like the flavored Cappuccino from the 90s. When I order the flavored Lattes, they taste too weak for me. After some Googling, I figured out that the drink I want is Macchiato! That one has an extra shot of espresso. Can't wait to try it!
Starbucks caramel macchiato is SO delicious. Especially if you ask for whipped cream on top.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Deer update. Something startled mom and they both got up. I was happy to see this though because I was afraid one or the other were injured. But they were just fine and walked maybe forty or fifty feet away as they snacked on my hedge. Now they are both back laying their original spots. Will be interesting to see how long they stay.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is everybody? This thread used to be really active. Hard to find positives in the winter? If I can do it, anybody can....

My positive for today is I finished up most of my yellow hot sauces, so next I can start on the red hot sauces, which seem to be my favorite. 🌶

Status
Not open for further replies.