The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We upgraded to a king-sized bed last year and I had to go through the process of buying new sheets and blankets, which are expensive in king size. At the end of the winter season I found some "VelvetLoft" sheets that were marked down to $20 for the set. For the price I had to buy them. I just put them on the bed yesterday and my husband and I both agree that they are super comfortable.

VelvetLoft® Plush Sheets Set
I looked at those and wowza, they look so cozy!! My only issue is, could they make a person sweat? I submitted a question about
that. If I could afford them I would buy the Eggplant color, so pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
They are definitely warmer than regular sheets, but super comfortable.

I have to leave the house in less than an hour and was worried because it was supposed to snow overnight. Thankfully the roads are fine and it's a pretty snow -

IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically espresso has a different brewing technique than coffee. This article may help to explain it better:
Thanks, that was a very interesting read. :)☕

"VelvetLoft" sheets that were marked down to $20 for the set.
Those sheets look like thin blankets. I've only ever used the regular shiny sheets, I never tried the softer plushier ones.

My positive for the day is I've got my new pair of sweatpants on and they are very cozy. They changed the material and they almost look like regular pants now. Probably because so many people wear them for pants nowadays. ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! Bought them off amazon. I believe they are also made of bamboo? I rinse them after use and throw them into the wash when doing clothes. I use the regular ones, and they have come out with ones that also have charcoal in them. When I first received them, I thought they'd feel bulky because they were thicker than some one time use pads I'd used, but after trying them out I was pleasantly surprised! Maybe because they are softer and more flexible they do not feel bulky.

I've also read reviews that some people report less cramping, maybe due to some chemicals or ingredient used in regular pads that may have caused more cramping for them (cause y'know, our skin can absorb many chemicals on contact), but not sure if there is a scientific study on this. Although, my cramps haven't been as bad since using them, too, but could be more due to eating a healthier diet, which can affect cramp intensity for me.

My positive is I'm starting my trek back to the mountains and my kitties! Yippeeeee!
So interesting. I used tampons mostly and napkins sometimes. Never knew they had them.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I got to paint a portrait of my dog today and it helped me relieve some stress and anxiety.
View attachment 316789
That's amazing!!! Looks just like her.

It's been very cold here but will warm up a bit. I would like to see the new adaptation of Little Woman. Haven't been to a movie since before the shoulder and biceps tendon surgery in 2000 but now they have very comfortable seating in some theaters. I checked and Little Women is in several comfy theaters.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So interesting. I used tampons mostly and napkins sometimes. Never knew they had them.
I heard about them through a friend, who liked them. They don't seem to be very well-known yet. If you like tampons, they also make cups that are reusable and many people use as a sustainable substitute. They were not for me, but I also preferred napkins over tampons, but many people who prefer tampons like the cups.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is my new shower stall!
Nice! I love shiny brand new bathrooms. 🚿

I would like to see the new adaptation of Little Woman.
Me too, but probably wait to see it on Netflix.

My positive for today is laughter. When I take my walk indoors, Maggie lays down in the doorways to block my way, and she hides behind corners & throws herself at me as I walk by. I have no idea what these antics mean, but my little devil keeps me laughing. :devilish:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was nice having conversations with other adults too.
:yeah: There's a group of women I met when our kids were young and in school. The kids have all grown up, hence out on their own, but we've managed to stay friends and meet monthly for dinner. I'm meeting them tonight and always look forward to what you referred to as "adult conversations."

Status
Not open for further replies.