The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Where is everybody? This thread used to be really active. Hard to find positives in the winter? If I can do it, anybody can....
Thanks for the reminder. :thanks: I'm guessing the start of the New Year and anticlimax from the holidays has kept this thread a bit quieter than usual. But you're so right, even in winter we can always find something positive in our day so here goes - I reconnected through e-mail with one of my husband's cousins who lives in CO.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very little traffic the past couple days of traveling. First day I saw a HUGE, very distinct rainbow that was beautiful and a magnificent sight. The second day there was a vehicle that came to a rolling stop at a stop light and kept inching forward thinking the light was going to change. :flail:They finally stopped almost directly in the middle of the intersection... Totally made me laugh at how silly it was! They had to sit there for about 2-3 whole seconds before the light changed!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
even in winter we can always find something positive in our day
If I can find a positive while snowed in out in the boonies, anybody can. ;)

The Mountain Between Us, the January Book of the Month. M maggiedemi M maggiedemi
I think you would like it.
If it's romantic, I will like it. :thumbsup:

My positive is I reconnected with a few friends from 20 years ago on Facebook. It's weird because they are from another lifetime, back when I was in my 20s. But somehow, it feels like yesterday...✨

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My third big sale on Etsy in the last ten days just came in. Feb and March are usually my peak months so I am wowed by these early year sales. But I definitely need to get more sewing done soon.
How great! What types of things do you make??

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I only have a half-day of work today then going to meet a longtime friend for coffee afterwards. We don't talk on the phone or e-mail so we usually end up talking for hours. DH says, "I won't wait for you for dinner." :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I lost my alerts for this thread...

I saw a bald eagle fly over my neighborhood for the second time in a couple weeks, which is unique enough but we were so concerned that the new construction around the wildlife park would cause these guys to relocate. So, at least one is still here, or back again, or moved in from somewhere else...I'm thrilled!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using reusable period pads for over a year to help save money and reduce my waste.
Do you mean sanitary napkins? I've never heard of them. Do you wash them in the machine?

Went to McDonald's with Nicole after she got off work last night. I got a strawberry shake for later and it's
still in the freezer, yum!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean sanitary napkins? I've never heard of them. Do you wash them in the machine?

Went to McDonald's with Nicole after she got off work last night. I got a strawberry shake for later and it's
still in the freezer, yum!
Yup! Bought them off amazon. I believe they are also made of bamboo? I rinse them after use and throw them into the wash when doing clothes. I use the regular ones, and they have come out with ones that also have charcoal in them. When I first received them, I thought they'd feel bulky because they were thicker than some one time use pads I'd used, but after trying them out I was pleasantly surprised! Maybe because they are softer and more flexible they do not feel bulky.

I've also read reviews that some people report less cramping, maybe due to some chemicals or ingredient used in regular pads that may have caused more cramping for them (cause y'know, our skin can absorb many chemicals on contact), but not sure if there is a scientific study on this. Although, my cramps haven't been as bad since using them, too, but could be more due to eating a healthier diet, which can affect cramp intensity for me.

My positive is I'm starting my trek back to the mountains and my kitties! Yippeeeee!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I got some instant espresso. I'm gonna try adding some to my instant cappuccino and see if I can make it stronger. Espresso is dark roast, right? ☕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We upgraded to a king-sized bed last year and I had to go through the process of buying new sheets and blankets, which are expensive in king size. At the end of the winter season I found some "VelvetLoft" sheets that were marked down to $20 for the set. For the price I had to buy them. I just put them on the bed yesterday and my husband and I both agree that they are super comfortable.

VelvetLoft® Plush Sheets Set

Status
Not open for further replies.