The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks yummy! You have great restraint. Binge bought a bunch of snacks cause I was craving sweet and salty, and all my classes were over and it marked the beginning of spring break, so why not splurge a little? Went to Dollar General and bought almost $20 of cheetos and chocolate and oreos.... :bunnydance:

How neat! What kind of hidden things have you seen before? What were some of the surprising ones?Haven't seen that one yet, but the first one was great! Love the Let it Go song. There is also an awesome cover of tghe wanna build a snowman, has a very sad connotation to it.

Squirrels are so cute and fun to watch with their high energy! What kind of squirrels do you have? I've only had grey back in Illinois, I believe, but there are also red squirrels here in North Carolina. So cute!!

How nice :)
I'm not so sure I have much restraint. I just love food and snacks. Really hard for me to avoid sweets so I portion my sweets for the day. Btw that small looking chocolate has 18 grams of sugar packed into it! The other flavors have a little more.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How neat! What kind of hidden things have you seen before? What were some of the surprising ones?Haven't seen that one yet, but the first one was great! Love the Let it Go song.
I mostly look for other Disney characters hidden in scenes. Like I spotted Rapunzel in the first Frozen movie. One of the princess movies has Goofy in the background of a ballroom scene. There is a scene in the new one where Anna and Elsa are playing with toys and several are Disney characters but you have to be watching to catch them. I used to hide things in my renderings in college too. So I just really like things like that. I have a bunch of the Disney Thomas Kinkade puzzles. They have stuff hidden in them too. It's fun to come across them as you put the pieces together. We took our kids to Disney several years ago and I noticed a lot of details hidden around the parks and resorts.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The hidden stuff kind of reminds me of subliminal messages used in marketing and advertising, so interesting!

Supposed to be in the 60s today but it's still cold now. Yesterday I saw geese heading north! Good sign!
If it does reach the 60s I may read on the deck.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I finally used up that Biofreeze gel that I bought for my sore right leg. It made me feel so cold when I used it! But for $11 a tube, I had to finish it. Now it's all gone and I can use regular lotion.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to be in the 60s today but it's still cold now. Yesterday I saw geese heading north! Good sign!
If it does reach the 60s I may read on the deck.
We are having a heat wave here, too! Supposed to get to 55*. I opened the windows then getting back from work, although it is still in the 40's.... haha. Have my sweatshirt, fingerless gloves, long wintercoat using as a blanket, and snuggle safe disk on my feet. Still kinda chilly!! But the cats loooooove the windows open, and it should be super nice later, especially when the afternoon sunshine shines directly in the living room later.

Hope it reaches 60s for you!

A high of 64 degrees today is predicted. That is the warmest it has been since last October.
Wow, enjoy the warm weather! Sounds so cozy and nice! What has been the average winter temps for your area?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having a heat wave here, too! Supposed to get to 55*. I opened the windows then getting back from work, although it is still in the 40's.... haha. Have my sweatshirt, fingerless gloves, long wintercoat using as a blanket, and snuggle safe disk on my feet. Still kinda chilly!! But the cats loooooove the windows open, and it should be super nice later, especially when the afternoon sunshine shines directly in the living room later.

Hope it reaches 60s for you!

Wow, enjoy the warm weather! Sounds so cozy and nice! What has been the average winter temps for your area?
Winters we can be anywhere from sub zero (only a few of these this last winter) to mid twenties. Average maybe 10-15 degrees. What is unusual this winter is that beginning in January we popped above freezing during the day quite a few times.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had an interesting morning that turned into my positive for the day. Set my phone last night for the time change as the phone has not auto changed before. On my way to work, halfway there, and notice the car clock says 4:30 am??? Wait... I pull over and check my two electronics in the car. The phone I set said 6:30, and the other said 5:30. Ahhhhhh!!! is it 4:30, 5:30 or 6:30??? :eek::help::headscratch::dunno:

Decided to keep driving, and I did end up getting to work an hour early. Sooooo, decided to get 2 egg mcmuffins and 2 hasbrowns from McD's (only about $5..?? so cheap!) and a large chocolate chip frappachino with extra ice at Starbucks. Hung out in my car in the work parking lot, ate breakfast, and listened to a very upbeat, engaging podcast! Was very relaxing and fun! There was also a full moon, super bright, hanging in the sky that was pretty beautiful to look at, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We had mid-60 degree temps so I made a change in plans to spend the day outdoors. When you live in an area that gets cold winters it's a nice perk to have above average temps at a time when you don't expect it. 👍

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 egg mcmuffins and 2 hasbrowns from McD's (only about $5..?? so cheap!) and a large chocolate chip frappachino
Yum! I love getting egg mcmuffins without the meat. They serve them all day now.

My positive is I ordered some instant vanilla cappuccino & vanilla latte. I also got a jar of instant dark roast coffee to add to each cup, because they are too weak on the coffee. Here's what I got:
Great Value Cappuccino Mix, French Vanilla, 16 oz - Walmart.com
Frozen Bean Vanilla Bean Latte Deluxe Frappe Coffee Mix, 21 Oz - Walmart.com
Community Coffee® Dark Roast Signature Blend Instant Coffee 7 oz. Jar - Walmart.com

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its almost too beautiful to do school work today! My windows are open and it feels SO good!! :bliss:
How wonderful! School work outside? I've taken Isabelle out on her leash before with study notecards or other materials in hand to study while outside and letting her walk around. Back in Illinois where the land is flat and there are many paved paths through natural areas, I would take notecards and study while walking. Cannot do that here on North Carolina trails as I need to keep aware of the rocky paths, haha. Enjoy the beautiful weather! My windows are open, too, and both kittens are loving the views and fresh air!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch actually climbed the cat tree today! The vet says she has arthritis in her lower spine so she doesn’t jump up anymore but she climbs ok. So we put stepstools around for her and she decided to climb her tree and survey her territory. 💜 She didn’t go to the highest perch because that requires a jump. But she was enjoying the nice wide one!
How wonderful! School work outside? I've taken Isabelle out on her leash before with study notecards or other materials in hand to study while outside and letting her walk around. Back in Illinois where the land is flat and there are many paved paths through natural areas, I would take notecards and study while walking. Cannot do that here on North Carolina trails as I need to keep aware of the rocky paths, haha. Enjoy the beautiful weather! My windows are open, too, and both kittens are loving the views and fresh air!
We have clipboards just for this reason! It’s nice to change your environment from time to time. At the moment my son doesn’t want to get out of his sandbox though. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mooch actually climbed the cat tree today! The vet says she has arthritis in her lower spine so she doesn’t jump up anymore but she climbs ok. So we put stepstools around for her and she decided to climb her tree and survey her territory. 💜 She didn’t go to the highest perch because that requires a jump. But she was enjoying the nice wide one!

We have clipboards just for this reason! It’s nice to change your environment from time to time. At the moment my son doesn’t want to get out of his sandbox though. :lol:
That's awesome Mooch enjoyed the cat tree! Yea!

How do they determine if a cat has arthritis?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory and anyone else who wants to view the sandhill cranes on the Crane Cam at Rowe Sanctuary in Nebraska, I just received an email from the Habitat Manager who asked for patience regarding camera streaming issues. He said they are working on improving things as fast as they can 👍.

Hopefully I'm allowed to post this link one more time, as it truly is an awesome and spectacular migratory event. Be sure and scroll back in video time to see them if you happen to get there during the day when the river is quiet.
Crane Cam

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Back in Illinois where the land is flat and there are many paved paths through natural areas,
You may have mentioned this before and I missed it but what part of IL are you from?

Carleton had an emergency appointment at the vet over the weekend. Our regular vet does not come in on Saturday so I met a different vet BUT so happy I did because she was extremely thorough and knowledgeable. She called me Sunday and again today. Plus she loved Carleton. :heartshape:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have mentioned this before and I missed it but what part of IL are you from?
It's a very large suburb about an hour highway driving away from Chicago. There's just over 40,000 people.Too many people for me, haha. Have you ever been to Illinois?

Status
Not open for further replies.