The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's my favorite way to try out new hot sauces, on mac & cheese or macaroni salad. It really lets the flavor come out. 🌶
Sometimes I make homemade with pepperjack cheese. And crab meat. It's sooo good! But sometimes I just add hot sauce to my own dish because not everyone likes spicy with me. I haven't made homemade in the last year because of trying to lose weight; but man it's good!! :bawling: (I do let myself order it when we go out to certain places. It's easier to not overdo my portions.)

I've started drinking coffee at home again and I'm really enjoying it. I bought a bag of Dunkin Coffee Cake and it's good! I also got a bottle of caramel coffee syrup. I need to calculate it out; but I'm hoping I'm getting less sugar and fat than using creamers. I'm mixing the decaf and caff grounds some days too. So I can still have a decent size mug to sip on. ☕

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are two teensy hummy eggies at the Bella Hummingbird live webcam again!!! bellahummingbird . com

And...it's that time of year again, the Sandhill Cranes are migrating, and this is HUGELY positive!! The organization got a better camera and software FINALLY, and it's so enjoyable to watch these large birds... resting during their migration... on the Platte... in Nebraska.

If you get to the website during the day and the river is quiet (because the birds are feeding in the surrounding fields), you can use the scroll bar at the bottom of the video to go back and see them take off, sleeping at night (which can be amazing, if something wakes them it's all glowy eyeballs LOL - not the best photo of that below, but you get the idea :)) etc.

Be sure to turn up the sound during the mornings when they're lifting off and in the evenings when they're coming back to the river but be warned ;) - they get LOUD!

Crane Cam

Attachments

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, there's so many! I can imagine how loud a whole flock would be flying over! Back in Illinois, I've only ever heard/seen small groups, like a few birds flying at once overhead. Very distinct call though!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
There are two teensy hummy eggies at the Bella Hummingbird live webcam again!!! bellahummingbird . com

And...it's that time of year again, the Sandhill Cranes are migrating, and this is HUGELY positive!! The organization got a better camera and software FINALLY, and it's so enjoyable to watch these large birds... resting during their migration... on the Platte... in Nebraska.

If you get to the website during the day and the river is quiet (because the birds are feeding in the surrounding fields), you can use the scroll bar at the bottom of the video to go back and see them take off, sleeping at night (which can be amazing, if something wakes them it's all glowy eyeballs LOL - not the best photo of that below, but you get the idea :)) etc.

Be sure to turn up the sound during the mornings when they're lifting off and in the evenings when they're coming back to the river but be warned ;) - they get LOUD!

Crane Cam
I LOVE this! So glad you posted it!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles we had a robin today :jive: ...nothing like your phenomenal quantity LOL but s/he barked at Poppycat this morning, and then this afternoon was wormhunting in the backyard 🐛 🍽

and speaking of birds, I found the better photo of just awakened sandhill cranes with all the glowy eyes :)
sandhill cranes.png
-

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Deer this morning and THESE this afternoon. I was sitting at the kitchen table talking on the phone. I looked up...and a turkey looked back. It was looking in the window! The guy I was on the phone with probably thought I was a nutcase. “HOLY SMOKES! THERE’S A TURKEY LOOKING IN MY WINDOW!” I kept talking to him (in a more normal voice) but grabbed my cellphone and snapped these shots. Too funny! :lol: Had to take the first shot through the screen door.
DE64D5CE-51B9-4D4F-8A39-1DF7510D0A8B.jpeg

267434F1-A141-420F-81DD-C819C09BC476.jpeg

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Deer this morning and THESE this afternoon. I was sitting at the kitchen table talking on the phone. I looked up...and a turkey looked back. It was looking in the window! The guy I was on the phone with probably thought I was a nutcase. “HOLY SMOKES! THERE’S A TURKEY LOOKING IN MY WINDOW!” I kept talking to him (in a more normal voice) but grabbed my cellphone and snapped these shots. Too funny! :lol: Had to take the first shot through the screen door.
View attachment 325303
View attachment 325304
Wow!

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess my positive lately was the bread machine I bought worked out great. I used it twice, made "french bread" and both times it was delicious. It makes noises and at first the cats looked at it but then they ignored it. I used to make bread by hand but after getting the kitties it wasn't practical for me to have dough rising on the counter with plastic wrap over it etc for hours and then a really hot pan in and out of the oven, I was afraid they would jump up and explore and hurt themselves 'cause they are monkeys. So the bread machine was a great investment.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My old cats always came looking when my mother used to run her bread machine. I haven't used mine in ages. I actually liked kneading dough myself. I haven't made bread or pizza crust even in years. I should sometime soon.

I got to watch Frozen 2 with my kids finally. I ordered it and it came last Friday; but we've been busy. Technically I haven't seen the entire thing because I was cooking dinner. But it was good. I need to watch it again and look for hidden Disney things. Thats always fun too. ❄

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Crane Cam
Thank you for the links!! The pic is amazing..... their sweet, glowing eyes!!

Tobermory Tobermory Great pics of deer and turkeys!!

It's cold and snowy now but it's supposed to reach 60 tomorrow! March is such a see-saw month in Ohio so we enjoy the
warm days when we get them. Have some throws in the washer which need an extra spin.I have a beautiful jigsaw puzzle
but don't have a surface large enough to hold it. I shouldn't have bought 1k piece, ha! I hink Cole may have an old card
table, will ask. Cal is sleeping beside me as usual cooing.💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a bag of Dunkin Coffee Cake and it's good!
Is that a ground coffee? I've been using the instant mixes but they have so much sugar/fat. ☕

Has anyone else seen this one or the first one?
I saw the first Jumanji. I think Robin Williams was in it? :think:

I guess my positive lately was the bread machine I bought worked out great.
We bought a new bread machine, but we got the wrong one. We wanted the breadpan that goes upwards, not horizontal. This bread shape won't fit in the toaster. 🍞

it's supposed to reach 60 tomorrow!
Hasn't been above 40 here! We're getting there though. Come on 50 degrees! ☀

My positive for today is that I finished up one hot sauce, so now I can open another! Exciting. :lol:🌶

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had temps in the 40’s the last few days and snow pack is really dropping. As a result all of the hazelnuts and other nuts that the squirrels buried throughout the winter are now appearing out of the snow. So as I sit and drink my coffee I am watching a great squirrel scavenger hunt going on in the back yard with the winners feasting on unburied nuts.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive was watching Jumanji 2 today. Soooooo funny!! Has anyone else seen this one or the first one?
Yes, I saw the first one with DH, he loves the Rock! He wants to see the sequel but I think I'll take a pass or wait to watch it on-demand. Glad you enjoyed it, I'll let him know it was funny. :biggrin:

I've started drinking coffee at home again and I'm really enjoying it.
Yay, another coffee lover, you're in good company. ;)

My positive is my sister called long distance yesterday evening and we talked for over an hour. It was good to share stories and talk about family, some people we like and some not so much, lol. :wink:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that a ground coffee? I've been using the instant mixes but they have so much sugar/fat. ☕
Yes I just happened to spot it when I was getting my online order put together. I didn't want a big canister of coffee since I only make one cup at a time. But getting my own grounds lets me mix the decaf in if I want and that's really helpful because I try not to drink too much caffeine.
Yay, another coffee lover, you're in good company. ;)
I gave up making it daily/at home for a full year! I would still pick it up at Dunkin some. But it was a good way to cut some fat and calories.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let myself indulge and ate this today:

[/URL]

Felt so good eating it.
Looks yummy! You have great restraint. Binge bought a bunch of snacks cause I was craving sweet and salty, and all my classes were over and it marked the beginning of spring break, so why not splurge a little? Went to Dollar General and bought almost $20 of cheetos and chocolate and oreos.... :bunnydance:

I got to watch Frozen 2 with my kids finally. I ordered it and it came last Friday; but we've been busy. Technically I haven't seen the entire thing because I was cooking dinner. But it was good. I need to watch it again and look for hidden Disney things. Thats always fun too. ❄
How neat! What kind of hidden things have you seen before? What were some of the surprising ones?Haven't seen that one yet, but the first one was great! Love the Let it Go song. There is also an awesome cover of tghe wanna build a snowman, has a very sad connotation to it.
We have had temps in the 40’s the last few days and snow pack is really dropping. As a result all of the hazelnuts and other nuts that the squirrels buried throughout the winter are now appearing out of the snow. So as I sit and drink my coffee I am watching a great squirrel scavenger hunt going on in the back yard with the winners feasting on unburied nuts.
Squirrels are so cute and fun to watch with their high energy! What kind of squirrels do you have? I've only had grey back in Illinois, I believe, but there are also red squirrels here in North Carolina. So cute!!

My positive is my sister called long distance yesterday evening and we talked for over an hour. It was good to share stories and talk about family, some people we like and some not so much, lol. :wink:
How nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.