The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like cleaning the dust pan, walls and shelves in the supply closet
Wow, wish you could come to my house and clean out my mom's clutter!

I found the granola on sale for a good price and bought Original for me and Pumpkin Cinnamon for DH.
I just got my pumpkin granola too! I haven't tried it yet.

Cole sent down, roasted chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots, huge salad, and pound cake
Yum!....Is Cole your sister Nicole?

My positive for today is I walked by my dad's room and Maggie was sitting on his lap watching Nascar with him! Maggie never sits on laps. :eek2: He's always saying he wishes he had a dog to watch Nascar with him. I guess now he doesn't need the dog? :thumbsup:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today was the door holding of multiple people while going into the library. There were people coming through one door in both directions and everyone held the door open for the next person! There are also two doors, one after another, and people were waiting at the second door to keep it open for the next person, who holding the first door open for people approaching. So heartwarming to see and be a part of!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Small positive but after renewing my library book 3 times I am almost done reading it. I don't usually take this long to read a book but I was out of town two weeks ago and got behind when I returned home. I already have my next book picked out too. :read:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum!....Is Cole your sister Nicole?

My positive for today is I walked by my dad's room and Maggie was sitting on his lap watching Nascar with him! Maggie never sits on laps. :eek2: He's always saying he wishes he had a dog to watch Nascar with him. I guess now he doesn't need the dog? :thumbsup:
Awww.....sooooo cute!!

Is Cole your sister Nicole?
Yep, we call her that as well.

Rainy day yesterday but it's warm today. My heat went out during the night so
I called my landlord and left msg. on his vm. He's usually pretty good about repairs.
🤞:thumbsup:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small positive but after renewing my library book 3 times I am almost done reading it. I don't usually take this long to read a book but I was out of town two weeks ago and got behind when I returned home. I already have my next book picked out too. :read:
What book? What is your favorite thing about this book?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive happened early morning/night.

Persia does this adorable thing I call frog pouncing. She gets really excited in the mornings when I shift slightly under the covers and takes a flying leap to pounce any movement! It cracks me up all the time!

So overnight, I shifted slightly and she frog pounces and dives her front paws right onto my buttcrack!!! Laughter erupted from me. she is such a riot!!! I thought it was so funny, and it really surprised me as I wasn't expected that, hahahaha.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I really love my Pumpkin Granola, it's not too sweet like some granolas. It says a serving is 1/3 cup, but I had way more than that, half a cereal bowl full. I also like my banana ketchup that I bought, it tastes like regular ketchup with a hint of banana and spice.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS and I got haircuts. I haven't had mine done in at least 8 months. I really like the salon we go to. The owner does my hair and has been cutting DS's since his first cut. We had to go to a chain place in January because I just couldn't get up to her place. It's about 30/40 minutes from home for us; but she's worth it. And her prices are reasonable. We were actually in and out of there in 25 minutes today. She cut DS's hair while her assistant shampooed mine. Money well spent!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy day yesterday but it's warm today. My heat went out during the night so
I called my landlord and left msg. on his vm. He's usually pretty good about repairs.
🤞:thumbsup:
Heat didn't go out, it was shut off!!! Long story, it was turned back on shortly after I made a payment,. I have $478.00 being applied to my account for Winter Heating Assistance but it hasn't been applied yet. My neighbors moved on Sunday and their's was shut off as well but by choice. They are not allowed to shut off anyone's source of heat from Oct 15-April 15, but no worries it's back on now as I paid the amount needed to have it turned back on. Phew!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What book? What is your favorite thing about this book?
The present book I renewed 3 times is called, This Is How It Always Is - it was recommended by a friend who is a librarian and hosts a book club. It's fiction and I normally read non-fiction but the subject matter is relative to current lifestyles and very well written.

My positive for today is I really love my Pumpkin Granola
Glad you like the granola. :thumbsup: When I bought more while it was on sale I noticed there is one called Pumpkin Spice, different than the Pumpkin Cinnamon one.

My positive is when I was in class at the gym today I found out one of the participants I talk to is a "cat lover." :lovecat2: She told me she has always had a cat and can't live without them.:agree:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got blessed with 2 boxes of books and resources for our homeschool. One of the ladies at church works at a local school and they were cleaning out some extra things they had. There is everything from a writing prompts kit, math games, math fact flash cards, paperback books, handwriting practice sheets...and more. I haven't even gone through everything yet but I've already found several things that would help us right now. :banana1:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The present book I renewed 3 times is called, This Is How It Always Is - it was recommended by a friend who is a librarian and hosts a book club. It's fiction and I normally read non-fiction but the subject matter is relative to current lifestyles and very well written.
How kool! I read the description, and that sounds like a really good book. <3

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I had a walk yesterday. Went to town, which is about three blocks from me. Withdrew cash from the ATM, bought a Jones's root beer,
and a bag of chips. The gelato shoppe was crowded so I'll try it another day. It turned cold and windy so I didn't spend a lot of time being out but it felt good and the sun was out!:sunshine:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite genre of non-fiction?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed there is one called Pumpkin Spice, different than the Pumpkin Cinnamon one.
I checked their website and they have some other flavors that sound so good like Vanilla Almond Butter, Cinnamon Peanut Butter, Banana Nut Butter. Oh my! :yummy:

The gelato shoppe was crowded so I'll try it another day.
I was wondering if you got there yet.

My positive is that I had a nice visit with my brother yesterday. He couldn't believe how much healthier I have gotten and kept hugging me. Another positive is he bought me 6 hot sauces. When he was handing them to me, the paper bag broke while I was standing on the cement! Luckily I hugged them to me and saved every precious bottle. If the stores are gonna replace plastic bags with paper, they gotta make them stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.