The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked their website and they have some other flavors that sound so good like Vanilla Almond Butter, Cinnamon Peanut Butter, Banana Nut Butter. Oh my! :yummy:

I was wondering if you got there yet.

My positive is that I had a nice visit with my brother yesterday. He couldn't believe how much healthier I have gotten and kept hugging me. Another positive is he bought me 6 hot sauces. When he was handing them to me, the paper bag broke while I was standing on the cement! Luckily I hugged them to me and saved every precious bottle. If the stores are gonna replace plastic bags with paper, they gotta make them stronger.
Yay so glad to hear you're doing much better. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What is your favorite genre of non-fiction?
I usually enjoy biographies/autobiographies and sometimes historical books. But if I get a good recommendation from a friend I'm open to reading it.

Today's positive is a teacher I became good friends with has been in/out of the hospital and rehab for over a year. She was on a ventilator but has finally turned the corner and came home this week. 💟

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
oh no :) we are collect only books about cats :) instead of buying extra things, it's better to spend money on helping homeless and wild cats :)
Thanks for letting me know! Believe or not there’s another person with your last name who has a small museum of cat things! Small world 😉

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for letting me know! Believe or not there’s another person with your last name who has a small museum of cat things! Small world 😉
this is not exactly my original surname :), so it is pronounced in the language of our friends in Russia, and it seemed ridiculous to make it my pseudonym :)
we'd love to get a link to this video :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay so glad to hear you're doing much better. :)
Thank you. It was a miracle. ❤

Nice save! Agreed, the bags need to be sturdy.
I know! I would have cried so hard if my hot sauce smashed. :thumbsup:

I usually enjoy biographies/autobiographies
Me too, that's my favorite, true stories. 📖

Found this old video of Julia Child showing Fred Rogers how to make spaghetti
That was an interesting spaghetti. :think:

My positive for today is I tried a Vanilla Cappuccino from McDonalds and it was pretty good. It was a little weak. I'll try the Latte next and see if it's stronger flavored. I tried to get my Crumb Donut at Dunkin', but they said it was seasonal, not sold in the winter! That donut is so hard to get, but the positive is that I will prevail, it will be mine if it's the last thing I do! 🍩☕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Found this old video of Julia Child showing Fred Rogers how to make spaghetti 🍝

Mr Rogers is timeless! When my kids were little and overtired or just needed to calm down I'd put his shows on and they'd just calm right down. Even the black and white ones. :redheartpump:
Yum! I never have mac & cheese at lunch, I don't know why...I'll have to do that one of these days, with peas in it. :thumbsup:
My kids have been asking for this but we've been busy. It's hard to go from teacher to lunch lady and back to teacher in a reasonable time. Usually I let DD make lunch for them. When she was just a tot I made myself a bowl with hot sauce and she wanted some. She loved it! I've never known kids who like spicy things but she does! It makes her really fun to take to new places so she can experience new things.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold but sunny!! I was able to wash the dishes with out breaking anything. Had an amazing hot bath that lasted about 45 mins.
Cal is making her lovely cooing sounds as she sleeps. Going to have mac&cheese for lunch.
How often do dishes get broken when washing?? 😲 You make it sound like it happens all the time... ;) No judgement though, I had a period at the end of last summer I broke 2 plates, a bowl, and a cup... Not because I'm a super washer though, but clumsy, accident-prone for a month!

That bath sounds amazing!!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive was being able to support a classmate this morning. A couple days ago, he posted on facebook he really needed someone to listen to him vent without trying to fix things, and he was in a really rough place. Messaged him and told him we are going on a walk on Thursday, so he can talk and express however he wants, and I will listen. It felt really good to offer this to someone, especially because last Spring I was in the same boat and had so many emotions and things coming up, and I had a really amazing guy, a classmate acquaintance, reach out and be that person for me. It helped so much. I don't know how I would have survived without his support and being an observer on my journey.

I hope I did my classmate justice. He was feeling much calmer before we walked, but I hope it helped him. I learned so much about him, and also realized many similarities between us. It felt good to do this.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
How often do dishes get broken when washing?? 😲 You make it sound like it happens all the time... ;) No judgement though, I had a period at the end of last summer I broke 2 plates, a bowl, and a cup... Not because I'm a super washer though, but clumsy, accident-prone for a month!

That bath sounds amazing!!!
I break things because I have an entrapped right ulnar nerve. Pinkie finger is numb and half of the ring finger as well.
There is a surgical remedy called a transposition but it could make my all over pain levels worse and I am not going
to risk it. Also the muscle is affected now.

Yes, the bath was amazing and I slathered Lidoderm Ultra lotion all over.

So nice you were able to help your friend.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I break things because I have an entrapped right ulnar nerve. Pinkie finger is numb and half of the ring finger as well.
There is a surgical remedy called a transposition but it could make my all over pain levels worse and I am not going
to risk it. Also the muscle is affected now.

Yes, the bath was amazing and I slathered Lidoderm Ultra lotion all over.

So nice you were able to help your friend.
Gotcha, that makes sense why not breaking a dish was a positive for you. <3 Reminds me how you never know what people are going through or influenced by. Understandable about reservations about the surgery. One of my cousins had foot/ankle surgery, but after she has had more pain than before and regrets it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made myself a bowl with hot sauce and she wanted some. She loved it!
That's my favorite way to try out new hot sauces, on mac & cheese or macaroni salad. It really lets the flavor come out. 🌶

Messaged him and told him we are going on a walk on Thursday, so he can talk and express however he wants, and I will listen.
You did a wonderful, special thing. :hugs:

There is a surgical remedy called a transposition but it could make my all over pain levels worse
That's why I'm worried about my leg. I hope it just heals on its own. :crossfingers:

My positive is buying a cappuccino here or there is working out well, so maybe I don't have to give up coffee completely. I can just get one when I go out. If I buy the instant mix to have at home, I end up drinking 10 per day! ☕

Status
Not open for further replies.