The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What food did you bring?
We told them it was their choice and they chose lunch from Panera. We also brought St. Patrick's Day cookies. :clover:

While at the gym today everyone was talking about stores being sold out of cleaning and toiletry supplies. I try not to get caught up in the panic but decided to play it safe and bought some extra groceries/supplies to have on hand. I feel better knowing I have some additional essentials for Carleton and us.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I opened the slider this morning it smelled like spring! It has a certain scent and this was the first time.
New helper starts tomorrow so fingers crossed. Supposed to be in the low 60s today!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it crazy how weird it feels not to have the internet when it goes out?
Yes! Every time I went to do something, I was like wait, I can't, that's online!

New helper starts tomorrow
That's exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

My positive is that the cappuccino machine was broken at McDonalds, so I got one at Sunoco for the first time in 20 years. It was still as amazing as I remember it! Very strong & sweet, much better than McDonalds or Dunkin', I feel like they water theirs down. And it was still only around $1! I don't know how they keep the price so low. Happy dance. :jive:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was such a proud friend yesterday! Received a message from a friend who was asking advice to cut off contact with a friend who has been very toxic lately and it isn't getting better. I gave her a couple ways to go about it and shared my experience of cutting off my last ex when we were trying to stay friends but he was negative all the time and became very butt-hurt when I stated a boundary, so I blocked him (thanks to encouragement of people here!). I also gave her some positive words that she is strong and will survive this.

I received a message back with her stating she may be learning some self love in the next couple of weeks!! :heartshape: I'm so proud of her!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went back to the grocery store to pick up a few more non-perishable and frozen food items just in case our schools get closed, etc. due to covid-19. My positive is although shopping carts were full to the brim everyone was polite and orderly.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I got my French vanilla cappuccino and latte mixes from Walmart in the mail, so I was playing around with them and adding my instant dark coffee to them.

My mom bought some hazelnut liquid coffee creamer & hazelnut ground coffee, so those should be fun to try!

I also found some French vanilla cappuccino on Ebay that comes in a 2 pound bag like Sunoco uses! Maybe this is their secret supplier? I'll find out when I taste it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Caylee, new helper. started yesterday and she is adorable!! Sweet, pleasant, likes to joke has 4 cats! She's only 24 and is very strong. Lifted the new litter and poured it into the plastic container I use to store it, 30 something pounds! I think she is going to work out. She didn't get about 5 items on the list but I think she was nervous and wanted to get back. I told her if she had any questions to call me while at the store and she did, but couldn't decipher my handwriting, not hard to do, ha, and called the wrong number. Such a difference from my ex-helper.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but couldn't my handwriting, not hard to do, ha, and called the wrong number
I type my shopping lists on the computer & print them out. So glad your new helper is working out so well!

My positive for today is I'm going to play around with my coffee drinks some more. Does anybody know how to add powdered milk to a cappuccino? How much would I add?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I type my shopping lists on the computer & print them out. So glad your new helper is working out so well!
ha?
That's a good idea but I only have my original printer, the one that came with my first pc. Remember the huge towers, ha?
It's a great printer,a Hewlett Packard, but I don't know if I can use it with the laptops I've had.

Don't know about the powered milk, I would goodle "adding powered mild to a cappuccino".

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here you go, scroll down to the recipe and instructions
Thank you! That looks easy enough.

I have a mini chocolate pie for Pi day!
I like those single serve desserts. I'm craving crumbcake.

My positive for today is I mentioned to my friend from TCS that I'm out of mayo and within the hour she had sent out a care package to me. I bet you can guess who it is! My sister from another mother. ❤ I hope she's around when I need toilet paper. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.