The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - yes, the song is truly sad and sadly true of jealousy. I'd like to believe that Francoise still got her wish in the end. After all, "music has charms to soothe the savage beast."

Speaking of: I found a few baby pictures to contribute M maggiedemi
IMG_0656.JPG

I would say that I blame my outfit on the fact that I wasn't dressing myself yet. But honestly, I probably loved it.
IMG_0657.JPG

Seriously. Petticoat junction every day. Man, my head was huge!
IMG_0658.JPG

And, as all Texas children, I had the obligatory bluebonnet picture. Always PAWsitive to take a trip down memory lane, especially if you were too young to remember anything going on! ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Not to sound too much like Roy Scheider in Jaws, but you're gonna need a bigger boat coat!

;)

M maggiedemi - Yep - your translation is on the money - an Angelic voice, and a woman scorned.

Edit:

I'd like to believe that Francoise still got her wish in the end. After all, "music has charms to soothe the savage beast."
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Nice turnaround, and same poem too. "Savage breast," was only missing its "r."

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rosemary, PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws and Furballsmom Furballsmom ! In the Mojave, we had wild sage growing everywhere, and I'd pick some for my cooking. It was wonderful *and the purple flowers beautiful!*
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Cute! I like the bluebonnet pic very much.
M maggiedemi and everyone -- I think John Mellenkamp and Francoise Hardy look very similar. Am I wrong? As for French songs, here's one (I usually don't think much of covers, especially of such iconic songs by such iconic originals, but I make an exception here):

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I love those extreme emotions in songs, not sure why. Anger, Jealousy, Sadness. I sure don't like them in real life.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --I love the baby pics! Thanks for sharing. I actually like the gloves. I had a big Elmer Fudd head as an infant, but didn't post those pics.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ---Hmmm. I'm not seeing the resemblance. He's really short in real life. I think I was in the 3rd or 4th row.

Just picked some fresh red bell peppers from the garden. Maybe I'll make something from these cookbooks that @foxxycat sent me. That would be a positive.

Peaceful World by John Mellencamp below.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@ermentrude My hat is off to that emergency vet in CSH, South Carolina for being able to open her clinic in the midst of the chaos. :worship: :wow:

Just picked some fresh red bell peppers from the garden.
Yummy!!

On the lighter side, here's a rather large California Poppy - I'm not sure what's bringing about the increase in size but I'm thrilled :)

Attachments

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Teeth are something. My DD had a molar come in so fast that it pushed a piece of bone out ahead of it. Her dentist said it's not unheard of. It fell out without her ever noticing and I don't think it caused her any discomfort to begin with.

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - I love the flavor of rosemary! I do not love chewing it though. I try to just use the crushed.

We are having some gorgeous weather here today. If I had a hammock I'd be out napping in it! DH is about to finish trimming the yard or I'd crack open a few windows. Today seems like the perfect day to nap with a cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I almost forgot -- a very happy belated birthday to you! :bday::party2::party::party3::gift:

And on the subject of teeth, my wisdom teeth came in impacted (no comments, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine !) and I got them all out at the same time. Afterwards I had to syringe the canyons left by them and it wasn't fun. Could only have liquid food for a long time, as I remember. My jaws are pretty small so there was no room for them even if they had grown in straight. The dentist promised me a coffee after I woke up.
I never got it.
*He owes me!* :anticipation:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found two Canadian made pieces of art today. I have been on the lookout for one of these and so happy I found it. From Blue Mountain Pottery and it is their harvest gold color:)

View attachment 253079
Shane Kent Shane Kent , I love the colors used in this work, the harvest gold, it is a very attractive piece. It is always nice to find a piece that you have had in mind and are seeking and this is a great discovery.

In keeping with the theme of the cat photos posted here today by Alice catlady Alice catlady and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - the theme being "lie on your back, twist to the side and look absolutely adorable and irresistible", may I present here in the same theme - Speedy -

20180521_131100-1.jpg

Warmest wishes to all from Speedy and R raysmyheart .

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer & MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - so people without wisdom teeth are more evolved than those with them according to your dentist. In that case I must be close to a troglodyte as I still have all four of mine. On the other hand: missing permanent small molars runs in the family although the baby ones usually fall out around age 10-12 and then there is still enough time for the other teeth to crowd in on their own to close the gap. Does that make us more evolved?
However. my younger son did not loose his last one until he was around thirty (he called it his silly tooth because it was so small alongside the other teeth). What is strange though is that when he was about 14 he got a sore in the roof of his mouth which turned out to be the bud of a tooth which may have been the missing small molar that had lost its way, it had to be surgically removed.
Then there is the odd way my family's baby teeth come in: instead of bottom front teeth and then top front teeth we get "vampire teeth", meaning the eye teeth come in first, usually the ones on top first. Think about what that looks like when baby smiles!:flail:

M maggiedemi - you'd go crazy in California and other Southern states with the "strange" fruits we get here: dragon fruit, papaya, guava, chayote, mango, cherimoya, jujube, purple/orange/yellow and red colored bell peppers, yellow banana peppers, Japanese cucumbers which grow to be 2 feet long on a trellis, passion fruit, pummelo, loquat and lychee. They all grow here and there are many more that people grow in their gardens but these you will find in big stores and/or farmers' markets. The Asian farmers also bring veggies that are native to their regions and they have planted them here. Greens of all kinds, different kinds of the cabbage family, I particularly like bokchoy which I stir-fry, and root vegetables. I like Daikon radishes which are white, grow to be as much as 2 feet long and about 2 to 3 inches across, never bitter or too hot and last in the fridge for weeks at a time, I slice them up real thin for salads or stir-fry them with other veggies. I have even been known to put thin slices on top pf bread and butter with a pinch of salt, nice and crunchy. When I move to Reno next year I will miss many of those fruits and veggies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of bell peppers, especially from the local farms. My favorites to look for are the ivory to light yellow bells, purple bells and deep chocolate or deep merlot shade peppers.

I always love to look for ones that are pretty unusually-shaped (well unusually-shaped if you were being offered in the supermarket, but more desirable to me:D). I love peppers with striations of a secondary color in their skin, also.

Yesterday, my farmstand purchase included some small eggplant-shade purple peppers striated with ivory/canary. Very wonderful artist, Nature is.:tree:

Status
Not open for further replies.