The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt --LOL! That was funny. Thanks for my morning laugh. :)
@NY cat man --Aww, you're only as old as you feel. I like learning new words.
@MoochNNoodles --I told you I'm weird. I would love to get dental implants. :D
@Norachan --Your llama pics are cuter.
R raysmyheart --Enjoy your day off with your beautiful Speedy.
@Furballsmom --Do you feed the big Popster guy pate?

My positive for the day is that Demi is feeling so much better since switching to pate. Instead of sleeping all the time, he was crying for me to play with him. He likes me to chase him. Then he hides and pops out to scare me. He was also taking his catnip toy and throwing it in the air. :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - what? you were not even planning on keeping all of those cats but SELLING them, as Used Cats no less? @Norachan, I do hope you saw that comment of his, that is so despicable and has nothing to do with loving cats. Really, trying to make money off someone's beloved cats! Please make sure that he cannot in any way get into your enclosure to get any of the cats, not even the ones that he had his eyes on to begin with. You might want to put something on top too so he can't send in a drone to do his catnapping. Surely, if the tanukis can't get in then 1CatOverTheLine can be kept out too, perhaps with an electric fence. This person is a danger to all cats, even feral ones, and the ones he already has should be confiscated because he is not fit to be a cat guardian.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, segelkatt segelkatt , what a wag! Of course 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine is not going to sell those cats. He just wants to biggify his furmily, that's all :crackup:
capt_c804a78ab46343daa84b80857791aca8_pets_creature_shelter_cats_nyls501.jpg

@Norachan That's so sad! I can understand and agree with a society's not wanting theft -- I get livid about theft myself, and I'm sure no one here wants to hear what I think should happen to thieves, but it's one of the worst things someone can do to someone else IMHO. But if the figurines are in front of an abandoned house, it's pretty clear the people are not coming back to get them and they might just be discarded if someone doesn't take them. You'd love them and you'd give them a good home. I don't think there's anything wrong with midnight liberation in this instance.

As for Sinatra, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- thanks for sharing that immortal voice! The absolute in cool. I love the Rat Pack!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There oughta be a law.* :fuming:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Oooohhh... I loved the Al Fagaly comic strips - and his "Mentor" Jimmy Hatlo's too. They'll Do It Every Time is still as funny now as it was back in the day, and Hatlo's History and Little Iodine were fabulous.

Come on, @NY cat man - chime in - you're the only other person here old enough to know what we're talkin' about!

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Oooohhh... I loved the Al Fagaly comic strips - and his "Mentor" Jimmy Hatlo's too. They'll Do It Every Time is still as funny now as it was back in the day, and Hatlo's History and Little Iodine were fabulous.

Come on, @NY cat man - chime in - you're the only other person here old enough to know what we're talkin' about!

;)
I don't, sorry, but I am guessing you're referring to the cover art? It's pretty strange - IDK what it all means. But anyway, the references to Sinatra and Nelson Riddle are nice, as is the song. Van Morrison is an amazing artist!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt - Du bist total liebenswert! Do you know that you, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and @tinydestroyer all live inside a 53 mile circle? Before tinydestroyer's move to Indiana, you should all get together for lunch some day - you're three of my favourite people on TCS! I'll even pick up the tab.

View attachment 252917
I did know that @tarasgirl lived more or less in my neighborhood but not @tinydestroyer. Well, soon there will only be @tarasgirl living in CA since @tinydestroyer is moving to Indiana and next August I will move to Reno, NV because my landlord is pricing me out of here (he raised my rent by $200.00!!! and who knows how much more he will raise it next year). My 2 sons live in Reno/Sparks and it is time for their old mom to live closer to family, my daughter lives in Montana in a hick town and while it is beautiful there and she lives within walking distance of a huge lake this is no place for me. Reno is not far from Lake Tahoe, at least not for someone who has lived in CA for over 45 years where we practically live in our cars. I hate to leave CA as this has become home but you do what you have to. I've lived in El Paso, TX which is High Desert as is Reno, so it should be alright. I won't be able to garden year-round as I do here but again, you do what you have to.
This morning I had to send my silver Persian Bebe to the Big Sleep. She had gotten very thin and did not scarf up her food the way she used to, but then she started walking funny with her legs
030316 006.JPG
110915 001.JPG
003.JPG
splayed out and sometimes she would stumble and getting up on the bed became more difficult (she had no front claws so it always been a challenge). Yesterday she did not eat dinner, not even treats, this morning no breakfast, just filled her tummy withwater and then peed on me. She didn't look so good either so off to the vet. He detected a heart murmur and said she might have kidney disease to which Persians are prone when they get older. Her quality of life was not good and spending lots of money to see IF there was anything to make her better and to extend her life really was not an option. So I sent her off to the Big Sleep, holding her to the end and beyond. Sad, but this is life. She was 18 years old, had been with me since she was 11 as her previous mom had passed, so she had been loved by two old ladies for 17 years (we don't want to talk about her first year when her claws and first digits were amputated). Rest in peace, my sweet little girl.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did know that @tarasgirl lived more or less in my neighborhood but not @tinydestroyer. Well, soon there will only be @tarasgirl living in CA since @tinydestroyer is moving to Indiana and next August I will move to Reno, NV because my landlord is pricing me out of here (he raised my rent by $200.00!!! and who knows how much more he will raise it next year). My 2 sons live in Reno/Sparks and it is time for their old mom to live closer to family, my daughter lives in Montana in a hick town and while it is beautiful there and she lives within walking distance of a huge lake this is no place for me. Reno is not far from Lake Tahoe, at least not for someone who has lived in CA for over 45 years where we practically live in our cars. I hate to leave CA as this has become home but you do what you have to. I've lived in El Paso, TX which is High Desert as is Reno, so it should be alright. I won't be able to garden year-round as I do here but again, you do what you have to.
This morning I had to send my silver Persian Bebe to the Big Sleep. She had gotten very thin and did not scarf up her food the way she used to, but then she started walking funny with her legs View attachment 252944 View attachment 252947 View attachment 252952 splayed out and sometimes she would stumble and getting up on the bed became more difficult (she had no front claws so it always been a challenge). Yesterday she did not eat dinner, not even treats, this morning no breakfast, just filled her tummy and then peed on me. She didn't look so good either so off to the vet. He detected a heart murmur and said she might have kidney disease to which Persians are prone when they get older. Her quality of life was not good and spending lots of money to see IF there was anything to make her better and to extend her life really was not an option. So I sent her off to the Big Sleep, holding her to the end and beyond. Sad, but this is life. She was 18 years old, had been with me since she was 11 as her previous mom had passed, so she had been loved by two old ladies for 17 years (we don't want to talk about her first year when her claws and first digits were amputated). Rest in peace, my sweet little girl.
Oh, segelkatt segelkatt , I am so very sorry for your loss. What a sweet little CAT! and such a beauty Bebe was. <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, beautiful angel Bebe! Watch over your beloved ones here on earth until reunited in due time. *Eighteen years is a very good life, especially when it has been a loved one.* (0)
I know a little of Reno/Tahoe as I had ex-relatives who lived there. As with every other place, there is good and not-so-good about each. California is so expensive, I know. It's been just about my only home, and I'm bound to stay. But it isn't always easy, especially when surrounded by snobs and the rich. Oh well. The PAWSitive? It's beautiful. And very amenable in so many ways.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt --So sorry for your loss. :( I went to Lake Tahoe with my brother. We went hiking up behind where they shot the Bonanza TV show. Then we drove into Reno. We didn't really gamble much, just played a few dollars in the slot machine and went to a concert. We drove to San Francisco too and saw the golden gate bridge and the mines.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I love Van Morrison's voice. I never heard that song before. Here's my favorite song of his.

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison below:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My (pathetic) positive for the day!
I managed to successfully wash a few of the dogs, get some extra hair out that they're shedding (like crazy).
My dogs came to an agreement that if I insisted on getting them soaked, they insisted on getting ME soaked.
So I have some dogs running around that are shiny, beautiful, brushed and combed out and ready for fall. And I have me running around...and I look like a drowned rat. :thumbsup:
The big positive is none of the dogs want to bite, run away, or be testy about it. They just stand there. But love to shake off. If I move out of the way, they stare at me like ".....?" and the second I go near them, they shake and spray water about 75 feet.
I had a horse one time give me a half assed kick in my butt when I was washing him, dropped the hose, and bent down to pick it up.
2 seconds later the horse I swear was laughing about it and gave me a little face nuzzle like "we're still buds, right?"

I won't be attempting a cat wash any time soon. My face is homely but I'm kind of attached to it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Of course not... sharp claws... sharp teeth... why no one in their right mind would wash a....

Man, you are a genius!

View attachment 252956
I somehow think they'd be OK with this if I were sprayed in the eyes with soap, attacked with the buffer brushes while screaming for mercy and had enough wax dumped onto me that they can see their own beautiful reflections in my shins.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss segelkatt segelkatt .

Look at you all talking about stealing each other's cats. As for me, I happen to know that I already have the best and prettiest cat in the world, so I don't need yours, nice as they may be. :coolcat:

Today I finally started tap dance class again (after several delays), went to a corn maze with my mom and brother, and ate too much at a buffet. So I'm content.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss segelkatt segelkatt .

Look at you all talking about stealing each other's cats. As for me, I happen to know that I already have the best and prettiest cat in the world, so I don't need yours, nice as they may be. :coolcat:

Today I finally started tap dance class again (after several delays), went to a corn maze with my mom and brother, and ate too much at a buffet. So I'm content.
Yes, you do and I want to live in a world where EVERYONE thinks his or her cat(s) are the best, most beautiful/handsome, and most loved.
Hope you didn't run into Mel Gibson anywhere around that maze. Scary guy. Truly scary.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Over on the West side, there used to be (and may still be, for all I know) a place called, "U Wash Doggie". I never ventured therein. My experiences with dog groomers have been less than wonderful.
M maggiedemi -- Beautiful song. Here's another. *For you, PJC. No, you won't. But that's okay.*

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bailiwick is an area of authority, but more commonly refers to someone's home turf or neighborhood. Sorry, but ancients like me tend to use terms that are not familiar to most younger people. Besides , I am an omnivorous reader (almost- I draw the line at romance novels), and have picked up a whole boatload of terms and words over the years.
I think we'd get along just fine.
Agreed on the romance novels, but some of the made up names based on the covers are just so funny. Who could resist reading "Lord of the Tube Socks"?

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt , I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, Bebe.

Today I visited the farmstand and decided to try a few things that I don't get to see very often. I chose a few of the farm's own nectarines, a small piece of their own orange-flesh watermelon, a Chestnut Crabapple (to see if I like them) and a few purple peppers. I made these selections keeping in mind that the growing season will soon enough end here and I want to make sure I take the chance to try these unique offerings while they are here.:)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt , I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, Bebe.

Today I visited the farmstand and... ...a Chestnut Crabapple....

R raysmyheart - Be careful - tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 loves crabapples, and she has that Coat With The Big Pocketses!

My neighbour just called to tell me that he has a black bear in his back yard. Hah! I'll show him - I gotta get @Norachan to send me a couple of Tanuki!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart --Nice finds! I've never heard of some of those fruits & veggies, but would sure like to try them. :)
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Thanks for the Van Morrison song, it sounds like a poem. I looked him up and he's Irish, that must be what I like about his voice, I love accents.

The cat wash joke made me think of when I was little and my older brother got the brilliant idea to make a kitty car wash. My cat Kitter had just had 4 kittens. One of us would spray a kitten with water and send it on down the line to the next person who would blow dry it. We did this everyday until some adult told us that you aren't supposed to wash cats everyday. :lol:

Bonus positive: John Mellencamp Hurts So Good below:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - Be careful - tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 loves crabapples, and she has that Coat With The Big Pocketses!

My neighbour just called to tell me that he has a black bear in his back yard. Hah! I'll show him - I gotta get @Norachan to send me a couple of Tanuki!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , thank you for the caution that the crabapples may be a highly desired item! :lol: I have never tried them before, but I chose this apple because of the russeted skin! Last year at the farmstand, there was a variety of a russeted apple, Golden Russet, but this year I do not see it among the offerings. :( I will give the Chestnut Crabapple a try.

I did see the farm's own Gala, Macintosh, Blondee and a very old variety that dates back to the 1600s here in the United States, The Rhode Island Greening. There were more varieties but I did not write them down. The farmstand has signs that will read "our own" and list the variety. On the signs today, I noticed the owners had put information about the seeds for that variety but I did not understand. I will ask the farmer next time what this information means and perhaps I can provide more information here soon.

I wish everyone a pleasant day and evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.