The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, dear @segelkatt - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of sweet Bebe. But I am glad to hear of the love and care she recieved during her time with you, and her 18 happy years of living with you.

I used to live even closer to both you and @tarasgirl06 - in North Hollywood. But I moved to Santa Cruz in 2017 (just before I joined TCS.) I have to say that I enjoyed my time in CA less than either of you - though L.A. was a bit better than here in terms of my tastes. I was not here for more than 8 years, so maybe I didn't get to fall in love with CA before everything got so expensive. I am no stranger to exorbitant rent prices, and look forward to moving so that I can enjoy a better cost of living. I hope that you, too, look forward to your move closer to your kids. I hear that Lake Tahoe is gorgeous - many of my customers summer there, and I've seen some stunning photos. I might end up around the L.A. area once more before I am gone for good to Indiana, so I will send you two a message if I do come to town. We can lunch if you aren't too busy (so long as we lock our doors tight so 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine can't steal the kitties!)

The PAWsitive (other than being considered amongst such good company,) is that we got a lot of packing done today. Now I'm nice and sore and eating pizza. Watching some silly movie, feeding my pup some pepperoni, and hanging out after a hard day's work is nice. The kitties are also very tired after their day of inspecting the boxes, and splayed out on the sofa. Life is good.

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone asked me recently what is distinctive about Indiana, and I didn't have a ready answer other than it has a lot of corn, an affordable cost of living, and I didn't see one snob the whole time I was there (distinctive in itself.) But I forget: John Cougar Mellancamp lives there! Yay for learning about my new home!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can follow that with a John Mellencamp tune that's not quite so risque, I suppose; here ya go:
Whoops! Sorry, I wasn't thinking that was risqué, but I guess the music video was. My mom only objected to Jack & Diane when I was a kid. :lol:
Yeah, I love all his music. I saw him in concert and he is such a good live singer. He has so many instruments in his band, even violins & those hand rattles, maracas I think they're called. The Wallflowers were his opening act & they said they hated touring with him. Too bad, I enjoy him.

The Wallflowers Three Marlenas below:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone asked me recently what is distinctive about Indiana, and I didn't have a ready answer other than it has a lot of corn, an affordable cost of living, and I didn't see one snob the whole time I was there (distinctive in itself.) But I forget: John Cougar Mellancamp lives there! Yay for learning about my new home!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Yep - watch the "Small Town" video about and you'll see the sign for Seymour and The Stardust Drive-In as well. 182 miles south of your new place.

;)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
@segelkatt I'm sorry to hear about your baby.
I grew up in a hick town in South Dakota, and it was pretty good.

M maggiedemi , I'm sorry I missed that you'd tagged me. I tried pate for quite a while with no luck, but I finally found a couple brands that have pates he accepts. He's always been a fancy feast eater, and now a Purina one true instinct fan most days, and I have some other brands I'm able to convince him to eat, with bribery of bonito flakes and fortiflora ;) which is a big positive.

How's your tooth?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You still had a baby tooth? How old are you? And why would you have a baby tooth replaced, there should be a permanent tooth under it????
I'm so sorry to hear about Bebe. Even when they are older it's hard to say those goodbyes. :(

I retained 2 baby teeth; the first molars. There are no adult teeth underneath them. My mother and Grandmother also retained the same baby teeth. I also never got my "wisdom" teeth. It's good though because there is absolutely no room in my jaw. :confused: My old dentist retired last year and the hygienist there said people who retain baby teeth tend to start having issues with them by their mid 30s. One of the teeth I had repaired yesterday was the other baby tooth. We are doing our best to save it.
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles --I told you I'm weird. I would love to get dental implants. :D
I will let you know afterwards if it's nicer than having teeth repaired! I had perfect teeth until I was about 20. Now...I'm not sure I want to talk about it. :p Kidding. But really it's not fair. The hygienist told me I was her easiest cleaning that day; hardly any build up. But I still had 2 spots to fix! :rolleyes: They were the first in a while though.

My pawsitive for the day is that my sweet DD threw me a really nice birthday party today. (She was a little bummed it couldn't happen on my actual birthday. ;)) She has been planning this for at least 6 weeks. My mother and DH helped her. There were lists and so many plans! I thought it was just going to be us and my parents for the party; but when I was finally allowed to come out of my room (there were instructions to take a nap at 1:30 today...she knows me well!); my BFF and Godson were here too. They literally have not been back 48 hours yet after living in Texas for the last year. My other good friend is moving in 2 weeks; so having her back and at my party is really a wonderful present. I enjoyed my day! :hearthrob:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Your llama pics are cuter.
We don't get many Llama in these parts. How about a picture of Mount Fuji deer?

Deer7.jpg

I do hope you saw that comment of his, that is so despicable and has nothing to do with loving cats
Don't worry segelkatt, I'm on to him. That giant Tanuki statue in the bamboo? It's really a ninja in a suit of armor. I have a whole gang of them lurking in the woods, ready to protect my cats from despicable, fiendish catnappers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with midnight liberation in this instance.
That's what I thought. They are quiet valuable though. Statues of that size cost about $500 new and these are mint condition Showa era originals, close to 50 years old. If ever they start to demolish the house I'll make them an offer for the pair.

This morning I had to send my silver Persian Bebe to the Big Sleep.
I'm so sorry! She was a beautiful girl. She was lucky to have such a long and happy life with you and her first mom. Rest in peace Bebe.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My neighbour just called to tell me that he has a black bear in his back yard. Hah! I'll show him - I gotta get Norachan Norachan to send me a couple of Tanuki!
I showed Mr Husband the advert for a tanuki as an exotic pet. he thought it was hilarious.

"Happy in his enclosure. Doesn't like children or other animals"

Sounds like about half of our cats.

:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Belated Birthday! MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles ! from Speedy and R raysmyheart ! It sounds like you enjoyed a truly wonderful day and what a great gift to have Family and Friends share with you!
Thank you. I never expected that I'd enjoy birthdays again like I have since my kids have gotten old enough that THEY get excited it's my birthday. I don't care about my age yet and I don't know that I ever will. Every year is a blessing. But I'm not a "lets dress up and go out" kind of woman. So I don't remember the last time I had a party!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't get many Llama in these parts. How about a picture of Mount Fuji deer?

View attachment 253008

Don't worry segelkatt, I'm on to him. That giant Tanuki statue in the bamboo? It's really a ninja in a suit of armor. I have a whole gang of them lurking in the woods, ready to protect my cats from despicable, fiendish catnappers.

That's what I thought. They are quiet valuable though. Statues of that size cost about $500 new and these are mint condition Showa era originals, close to 50 years old. If ever they start to demolish the house I'll make them an offer for the pair.

I'm so sorry! She was a beautiful girl. She was lucky to have such a long and happy life with you and her first mom. Rest in peace Bebe.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I showed Mr Husband the advert for a tanuki as an exotic pet. he thought it was hilarious.

"Happy in his enclosure. Doesn't like children or other animals"

Sounds like about half of our cats.

No one is taking Little Boy... except ME!! I have had dibs on that handsome fluffball of love for a long time. Forest too. He's been Sophie's long distance boyfriend for ages. Those two would be stunning together. :cloud9::heartshape:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No one is taking Little Boy... except ME!! I have had dibs on that handsome fluffball of love for a long time. Forest too. He's been Sophie's long distance boyfriend for ages. Those two would be stunning together. :cloud9::heartshape:
Where were you all when I was up to my eyes in semi-feral kittens a few years ago?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where were you all when I was up to my eyes in semi-feral kittens a few years ago?

Norachan Norachan - I don't know about these other ne'er-do-wells, but I was up to my eyes in feral cats!

;)

At least you know that you and your kitties are all Loved.

We're less than six days away from the official arrival of Autumn, and it's the last day of temperatures forecast in the eighties - 82º is the official forecast. It's like... it's like....

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I retained 2 baby teeth; the first molars. There are no adult teeth underneath them. My mother and Grandmother also retained the same baby teeth. I also never got my "wisdom" teeth. It's good though because there is absolutely no room in my jaw. :confused: My old dentist retired last year and the hygienist there said people who retain baby teeth tend to start having issues with them by their mid 30s. One of the teeth I had repaired yesterday was the other baby tooth. We are doing our best to save it.
That's so weird! All my dental stuff lately surrounded the same two issues! I had no wisdom teeth during any of my x rays, but over the last year and a half, I got one which came in crooked. The dentist said that either my other dentist didn't catch it on the x rays (and assumed I didn't have any because the other three were missing,) or it grew in and wasn't there before. Yes, GREW IN and erupted from the jaw later even though it were too small for earlier x rays. He said he pulled a second top set from an elderly woman earlier in the year, which just seems so unfair. Although, he told me it's pretty rare for any to come out after extraction...
Plus, my bridge was to replace my last bridge which was covering my two front bottom baby teeth since I had no permanents there. My dentist said that those without wisdom teeth are more evolved, and eventually we Homo sapiens will all be without them, as they are a remnant from when our ancestors enjoyed a larger haw size (and no dental hygiene.) I reminded him maybe that's true, but I'm also not evolved all the way, since I was missing my permanent teeth! ;)
Sorry to talk to much about teeth, but I don't know that I've ever heard of someone else with these same issues. How strange teeth are! Weird little mouth bones.

My PAWsitive is that I am enjoying an early morning croissant and cuddling pets. Got some music going in the background, and after my breakfast I'm gonna tackle organizing that big old mess of papers and pictures and old birthday cards that I just haven't gone through the last few moves. Here's to doing things the right way!
And here's a beautiful French song because....croissants! Well, because I love French ye-ye pop, but Francoise is the least obnoxious and pop sounding of the bunch, and in this song especially, the most angelic:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Francoise is the least obnoxious and pop sounding of the bunch, and in this song especially, the most angelic:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Angelic voice (well, fifty-five years ago in any event), but the message is less so. "...pour te faire autant souffrir que moi je souffre encore." Ah, well - perhaps William Congreve's "The Mourning Bride" had a point to be made, eh?

;)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine LOL, ok so I didn't translate it :compsurfing: o_O

Positive, I'll be cookin' up some Raider-hater football tailgating food in a little while. ...meanwhile, we're so NOT talking about the Rockies.... :cold:

Oh, by the way--yes, actually, on occasion football and (ugh, well, sometimes, but Rockies fans remain EVER hopeful and positive LOL) baseball IS more exciting than floating down a river, wherever the heck that river is, north of , ummm, which?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --"To make you suffer as much as I still suffer?" I Googled it. I actually kinda like angry songs like that. :D

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Don't apologize. I love talking about Dentistry. :)

Norachan Norachan --Aren't you the one who posted pics of the llamas at the riding stable? Or somewhere. I remember llamas, I know I didn't dream it! :headscratch:

Furballsmom Furballsmom --I'm thinking outside the box with my toothache, herbs & some other internet stuff. The pain is about 50% gone. I think I'm winning! I guess that's my positive. But if I need another one, here's a bonus positive.

Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) by John (Cougar) Mellencamp below:

Status
Not open for further replies.