The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --What food did the Big Guy like? My cats are starting to refuse their Shreds canned food, not sure what's going on. I got some pate, gonna try that instead. :crossfingers:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Johnny Cash has a great song about a train, but I can't find the one I'm thinking of.
I forgot my favorite Waylon Jennings song, Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys. This will always be a positive :)
M maggiedemi Pate is preferred around here, I know.
Not sure about the song. I'll have to do some research. *If you input "Johnny Cash song about a train" into your search engine, you'll get a LOT of links, including quite a few covers, and even interviews.*
Yeah, that's one of my faves, too, but that's a rancid mix of it!!! Whoever did that oughta be publicly electrocuted, or something.
You'll probably love and remember this one:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Well, I'm not much of an authority on that, but I do know what I like. Big powerful voices and strong rhythms, I like.
*breaktime! Back in a few hours*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Pate is preferred around here, I know.
Not sure about the song. I'll have to do some research. *If you input "Johnny Cash song about a train" into your search engine, you'll get a LOT of links, including quite a few covers, and even interviews.*
Yeah, that's one of my faves, too, but that's a rancid mix of it!!! Whoever did that oughta be publicly electrocuted, or something.
You'll probably love and remember this one:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Well, I'm not much of an authority on that, but I do know what I like. Big powerful voices and strong rhythms, I like.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - As Blind Lemon Jefferson once said, "Jack o' Diamonds is a hard card to play." Here's another - by ol' Tex himself:

and from the Man himself:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slowly...slooooowly my students are learning to follow a routine.

Meanwhile, Lelia keeps making me laugh. She was chasing objects on the television not too long ago. She makes a better door than a window, but she just looked too cute thinking she could get the bird through the screen. I'm glad she's there to be my stress relief at this time of year.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Awww man, I was hoping that at least somebody remembered Tommy Roe besides me. It's sad that all these wonderful singers are forgotten.
Furballsmom Furballsmom --I tried every single can of wet food at Tractor Supply and my little ruffians refused every one.
@walli --Thinking of you today. I hope you can at least think of one positive. Just do what you can. Hey, the Mega Millions drawing is tonight. I think I can spare a million since my Mom is off the list for calling me a "sinner." :rolleyes3:
Anyway, I guess the drawing is my positive, plus one more Tommy Roe song. How can you not love this line?
"Got a dollar's worth of pennies and a nickel and a dime. Richer than I been in a long long time." :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi ah, the life of a person owned by picky felines ;)
Have you tried Purina Muse or Purina True Instinct? My guy decided the true instinct was somewhat acceptable ...
Speaking of, his earlier mopey attitude must have been due to the rude bug that tried to get in his ear.
He got too hot on his purple pillow, got off his pillow, mom opened the window, and he actually got back on his pillow. A first :D

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very warm temperatures are here for a few days in Central Massachusetts, Northeast United States. It is positively my favorite weather, I am trying to make an effort to take a few minutes each day to notice Summer, my favorite season as the change of weather happens too quickly it seems, for me anyway.

I am trying to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally that will not be available shortly. Perhaps a day trip to the beach, a soft-serve ice cream cone and maybe a seafood fry from the seasonal stand will stretch out the Summer a little longer.

My Speedy and I went out for a two-minute walk this evening. It was literally two minutes long as the bugs were biting me and Speedy knows best - she led me to the door to come back in, she knows what is good for us!

Lari Lari , I love when you posted photos in the past of Lelia watching television, they are so adorable. I am glad to hear she is still enjoying watching the programs!

Speedy and I wish everyone here a very good day or night.

:fish::fish: :sunshine: :tree::tree::tree: :sunshine::fish: :fish: :tree::tree::tree: :sunshine::fish::fish:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While out this evening, I noticed that the sky is clear enough to see the stars very well and I noticed (as I have on other occasions), that the stars appeared to be 'twinkling'. Well, I think we've all heard of twinkling stars, but it got me to thinking about whether these stars were actually changing in intensity or were they the fine movements of my eyes? :think:

I also thought I saw a few flashes of heat lightning across the sky. This caused me to view the weather radar map for my region and see just how far the storms were from me. I read this 'heat lightning' is actually lightning from a thunderstorm, just further away. It got me to ask myself - how far away from a storm can one see heat lightning? :think:

The positive to this is that I will most surely learn new things about the sky and weather as I look for explanations:compsurfing: and do searches:read:on the subject, which to me - to learn something new every day - is a very nice thing. :geekcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --I miss your summaries. Hope we didn't drive you away with our constant dance party. I admit it was mostly my fault. I get a little carried away with my music.
@foxxycat --Positive: Wow, I must be maturing. I just said something was my fault and didn't blame it on you. There's hope for me yet. :)
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Yes, I think they liked the Purina True Instinct. I'll have to try that one again. Muse is probably too expensive. I'm a bargain shopper. :D
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Since nobody else knows who he is, you can have all the points. I loved your saying about Waylon. So true.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- J, at first I thought that was Jim Morrison. That second song kind of has a Doors vibe doesn't it? Do you like the Doors?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and @tinydestroyer --Do you like Johnny Cash? Here's the first Johnny Cash song I ever heard. The sad thing is nobody I know remembers it but me & my Dad. He used to play it all the time. This song qualifies as a definite positive. If I Were A Carpenter by Johnny Cash below: :)
It was written by Tim Hardin and performed by him at Woodstock. Bobby Darin first recorded it in 1966. Tim Hardin made a recording of it in 1967 and it has been done by Joan Baez in 1967 (If you were a carpenter....) and by the Four Tops in 1968. Bob Seger did it in 1972. So Johnny Cash came to it rather late in 1970. It was also a big hit in France with a French soundtrack in 1966.
It reminds me of "Marble Halls" sung by Enya but is from the 1843 opera called "the Bohemian Girl" by Michael William Balfe which also talks of two people in love who were from two different levels in society ("...you loved me still the same...")

While out this evening, I noticed that the sky is clear enough to see the stars very well and I noticed (as I have on other occasions), that the stars appeared to be 'twinkling'. Well, I think we've all heard of twinkling stars, but it got me to thinking about whether these stars were actually changing in intensity or were they the fine movements of my eyes? :think:

I also thought I saw a few flashes of heat lightning across the sky. This caused me to view the weather radar map for my region and see just how far the storms were from me. I read this 'heat lightning' is actually lightning from a thunderstorm, just further away. It got me to ask myself - how far away from a storm can one see heat lightning? :think:

The positive to this is that I will most surely learn new things about the sky and weather as I look for explanations:compsurfing: and do searches:read:on the subject, which to me - to learn something new every day - is a very nice thing. :geekcat:
The stars DO NOT twinkle, it's the atmosphere through which we see them that causes the twinkle. The clearer the air the less twinkle.

Last edited by a moderator:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The stars DO NOT twinkle, it's the atmosphere through which we see them that causes the twinkle. The clearer the air the less twinkle.
Thank you @segalkatt! I never really considered the reason stars appear to twinkle and I was considering the possibility that it may be my eyes as I get older, having trouble focusing on a single star for a long time. The idea of seeing the stars through the atmosphere which changes, I can now understand why the stars "appear" to twinkle. This does indeed make sense.

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is stunning! I'd love to travel around Europe one day.
if you get the chance you should. :) The old, beautiful cities are amazing.

My pawsitive today is really Nala’s pawsitive. I’m home sick with a cold, and Nala is loving it. :lol:

DF4F33E9-C03F-4377-9B07-72A12133E126.jpeg

She is following me around, sucking on my clothes, kneading, purring and being a bit intense. :cloud9:

I might be sick, but I’m not lonely. :lol:

93254B45-B98A-4DBF-87DC-E243A6A56C75.jpeg

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4FF5F6BA-C5A3-4576-B6BB-2A35828C013A.png My pawsitive for the day is that I truly enjoy reading the posts on this site. It is so encouraging that a group of people scattered all over the world could come together and meld as well as you do. I am grateful that I can be a part of this community. Hope you all have a great day!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lalexa67 Lalexa67 --That was a very sweet thought! Thank you for saying that. I think I'm gonna like you. ;)
segelkatt segelkatt --Thank you for all that song info! I didn't know any of that, so I will definitely look up all those versions. I love the info I learn here. :)
@Shane Kent --You & Karen are probably the only ones who know Tragically Hip. Funny positive story: I saw them in concert in Ottawa in my 20s at a festival where you stand, no seats. We got a really good spot. I had heard rumors about the Pot (Marijuana) smoking at their concerts. Sure enough, when the music started, the Pot smoke was so thick in the air that I started to feel sick and pass out. Luckily they had paramedics there, they brought me to the back where I could breathe. Had to finish out the concert in the back. :eek2:
Song of the day Wheat Kings by Tragically Hip below: (RIP Gord Downie)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive this morning is that the music is all great! How about “Blues skies smiling at me! Nothing but blue skies do I see.”
M maggiedemi You are so sweet to have missed my posts! Observant too! I wasn’t “scared off” by the music. To the contrary, I love it. A visit to my past. I have just been spending all my time on kitties. I did go through the posts here as I could.
Butterflies but no bees. Bee Balm has finished blooming. Kitties whose Mom kisses their boo boos. Cute! Fall weather. Patsy Kline, Husbands who danced their girls into a lifetime of bliss. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang “ we love you!” Sunshine brought by a song of “Cloudy Days”. 78 Tecords and 8 track tapes. Doctor visits with great test results! 3 foot stereo speakers and dancing all night. People who know their authors and have a good ear for recognizing music. Kudos! A happy, hopeful end to washing pee pads! Yes! Waylon Jennings, picky kitties that are eating, school students who are settling in and someone finall mentioned Joan Baez. She goes further back then many know. Before stereo! How about a very old song, Queen Jane. Can you find that? I also love that the stars really twinkle in our eyes! Look close at the picture. The blue skies really are smiling at me! You too everyone!
B62A1266-6C3C-441B-A18D-452496DDE667.jpeg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Shane Kent --You & Karen are probably the only ones who know Tragically Hip.
M maggiedemi - The Hip ended up being pretty well-known, although like every other band, they started life at smaller venues in Canada and across the bridges. In the eighties, you could see them at the 'Shoe on Queen Street in Toronto, at the Icon (free) or The Continental in Buffalo (a dollar entertainment fee), often along with the Goo Goo Dolls.

Just about noon here, and our cold front is (finally) just hours away, just in time for September's arrival. Shadows are lengthening these days, and we're beginning to see that odd Thomas Kinkade-like "Lemon-y" light that @Mamanyt1953 refers to in another thread filter into the woods these days. All in all, a very pretty day here on Lake Ontario's southern shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.