The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat --Funny positive story. My dad actually proposed to Kitty Wells! He saw her and Don Gibson at a small club and he asked her to dance and then proposed. :rolleyes3: She just laughed. Sound familiar? Remember when he proposed to you when he heard that you fix your own furnace and sweep snow off the roof? :lol:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Love all the Waylon songs! What a treasure. I'll have to catch up tomorrow since the fam are asleep, don't want to blast them out of bed. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat --Funny positive story. My dad actually proposed to Kitty Wells! He saw her and Don Gibson at a small club and he asked her to dance and then proposed. :rolleyes3: She just laughed. Sound familiar? Remember when he proposed to you when he heard that you fix your own furnace and sweep snow off the roof? :lol:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Love all the Waylon songs! What a treasure. I'll have to catch up tomorrow since the fam are asleep, don't want to blast them out of bed. :)
Well, you could sure find worse ways to do it, if you wanted to ;)
Yeah, nothin' gets a man's interest like a woman who can fix stuff.:crackup::flail:
And I don't have any stories like that, but my mom and my cousin DID see OJ when they went to Beverly Hills one time (this was before all that, back when everyone loved him). And my dad's people fed Bonnie & Clyde. And one of my mom's people is rumored to have worked for Capone.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I don't know the author Joe...didn't really read any classics lol.

Back to kitties! Honeybee lounging on the linen sheets...she realized it's much cooler on this linen than the wool carpets lol
View attachment 250058
@foxxycat - Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang was written by Ian Fleming for his son Caspar, before he became almost-a-billionaire with the twelve James Bond novels.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --You started a dance party in here last night! That was so much fun hearing those songs again. I don't usually post loud music, 'cause I didn't think anybody would like it. :)
@foxxycat --I messed up the story. It was Don Williams who my dad met with Kitty Wells in Rochester, not Don Gibson. I'm not sure who either Don is, so I'll have to look up their music.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I'm not sure if you like Waylon's fast songs, but this one has happy memories of me and my brother watching the Dukes of Hazzard. Song of the day Good Ole Boys aka Dukes of Hazzard Theme song by Waylon below:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi that was a fun dance party! I forgot about "the boy is mine," until you posted it, but that song started some pretty epic dance battles in my day.

@foxxycat "return of the Mack" for the win, though!

Such a fun mix of old school hip hop, then even older school country, and I love it all! I love re-living all these old tunes.

@Lalexa67 my cat, Lucy, LOOOVES those little spring toys. What a cute pic!

My PAWsitive is that you've all inspired me to make some great playlists for my commute this am! I should be preparing for my move, but hey, I'll definitely need tunes on the drive, right?;) Maybe I just need

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Yeah, I love The Boy Is Mine. My friends and I would always request it when we went to Alexandria Bay every summer. That club was fun, they used to let us dance up on the huge speakers.
My next positive is because of you!
I was groovin' along to your Howlin' Wolf song. I never heard that type of music before. Then I go "Wait a minute, this sounds like the Sun Records sound!"
You know Elvis and Johnny Cash when they first started out they had that twangy Sun Records sound. So I google Howlin' Wolf and as soon as I saw Producer Sam Phillips, I knew that I was right, Howlin' Wolf was on Sun Records.
I felt so smart! Anytime I feel smart is a positive day! :)

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Yeah, I love The Boy Is Mine. My friends and I would always request it when we went to Alexandria Bay every summer. That club was fun, they used to let us dance up on the huge speakers.
My next positive is because of you!
I was groovin' along to your Howlin' Wolf song. I never heard that type of music before. Then I go "Wait a minute, this sounds like the Sun Records sound!"
You know Elvis and Johnny Cash when they first started out they had that twangy Sun Records sound. So I google Howlin' Wolf and as soon as I saw Producer Sam Phillips, I knew that I was right, Howlin' Wolf was on Sun Records.
I felt so smart! Anytime I feel smart is a positive day! :)
Good ear! I think the track I picked is from Howlin Wolf's later repertoire, when he had moved up to Chicago and signed with Chess records. But he did start out on Sun in Memphis, so you definitely heard right! I love me some blues music. It gives you that warm, gravelly, honeyed feeling like drinking a good whiskey. Very PAWsitive, indeed.

This song, also on Sun, was one of the first rockabilly tunes ever recorded. (I can't believe I didn't think of it when we were listing train songs.)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWsitive is that you've all inspired me to make some great playlists for my commute this am! I should be preparing for my move, but hey, I'll definitely need tunes on the drive, right?
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Drive? Here ya' go - a speeding ticket guaranteed:

Just a trifle warm here today, with kitties sprawled everywhere, waiting for tomorrow's cold front to come through. We're headed back down into the fifties tomorrow night - could this be Summer's last hurrah? Who else is ready for Autumn?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- J, at first I thought that was Jim Morrison. That second song kind of has a Doors vibe doesn't it? Do you like the Doors?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Do you like Johnny Cash? Here's the first Johnny Cash song I ever heard. The sad thing is nobody I know remembers it but me & my Dad. He used to play it all the time. This song qualifies as a definite positive. If I Were A Carpenter by Johnny Cash below: :)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I love that song! June and Johnny are amazing together. I definitely love the memories I have with that song.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine yeah, maybe if I had your car, I'd be speeding. Hopefully the state troopers will leave me and my little vehicle alone during my trip. The only time I've been pulled over for speeding with Mondo in the car, the sheriff tentatively handed me a warning ticket through the window, and scurried away. I'm lucky to have a dog who is the best of both worlds: looks scary, but doesn't act it!

Man, I am just racking up the pawsitive thoughts today!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --Yeah, we'll definitely have to have another dance party again sometime. Were you and Karen dancing along with us?
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Now I want to look up a bunch of Sun Records songs. I forget which ones were from that era. I remember they all eventually left because Sam Phillips just didn't have enough money to take his singers very far. :(
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I think I got the accents wrong. For some reason that other Woodstock song gave me a Doors vibe, but maybe not.
Light My Fire below, great song huh? Definitely positive.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, M maggiedemi , I love Johnny Cash, with June or solo, or with Waylon, Willie, and Kris. Absolutely! Thanks for the video -- I've never seen that show, though I've heard of it. Must admit the images leave me very, very cold, but it's not a bad song.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Well, IDK if it's drivin' music or not, but this song plays in my head a LOT, and I defy anyone not to move to it!
*MAVS on tour!!! MAVS on TOUR!*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --What food did the Big Guy like? My cats are starting to refuse their Shreds canned food, not sure what's going on. I got some pate, gonna try that instead. :crossfingers:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Johnny Cash has a great song about a train, but I can't find the one I'm thinking of.
I forgot my favorite Waylon Jennings song, Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys. This will always be a positive :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, M maggiedemi , I love Johnny Cash, with June or solo, or with Waylon, Willie, and Kris. Absolutely! Thanks for the video -- I've never seen that show, though I've heard of it. Must admit the images leave me very, very cold, but it's not a bad song.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Well, IDK if it's drivin' music or not, but this song plays in my head a LOT, and I defy anyone not to move to it!
*MAVS on tour!!! MAVS on TOUR!*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Funny how "dance beat music" ebbs and flows with the generations, isn't it? Between Swing and the sock hop era, the charts were all ballads; then the sixties came along, and dance went back to sleep until techno came along.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Even in California you can't drive fifty-five with this on the ol' eight track player!

Status
Not open for further replies.