The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww @Alice catlady I'm sorry you're home sick, but I am glad you have such sweet company! What gorgeous kitties!

Still house hunting, and trying to find a way to nab the other two kittens from my feral, Turtle Kitty. I haven't seen them around the past two days, but in the PAWsitive side, a coworker is coming with her own traps this weekend. She wants to take them both if we can catch them. I haven't worked with her very long, but she trains horses, and seems very much an animal lover. She actually convinced one of my other coworkers to get her kitten spayed last week (a feat I had been attempting for at least a month!) So, I hope we can catch those little kitties, and they'll have a nice new home!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi -- TYSM for the points and the compliment, but that saying isn't mine -- it's something everyone knows who knows about Waylon. It just IS. :yess:
@Alice catlady Cats are such amazing "nurses" because their empathy and intuition are so pure and strong. Enjoy that C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) and feel better soon!
...and now for something completely different. This is a special day for me in two ways, as it marks the birth of two very special people in my life, my paternal grandfather, whom I didn't get the honor of knowing very well as he passed when I was 6 (but I always knew he loved me) and the absolute greatest entertainer of all time, Michael Joseph Jackson. It's almost unbearably painful for me to think about his life or listen to him now, after all that's happened, but on this day, we celebrate his life and are so grateful for having had the treasure of his presence.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 My favorite from MJ is by far

Karen is a big MJ fan. She has a couple of DVDs as well as CDs.

M maggiedemi Gord Downie used his fame to promote protecting wetlands and waterways. I hope someone carries the torch for him, he was a great man with a noble cause.

The following is my favorite Tragically Hip song. A little bit slower than the MJ song:)

@Lalexa67 's little bundle of joy reminded me I have this at home. I got it from the woman I got the tea cups from. I had it hidden so the cats don't see it. I have to keep it away from my cats because Taz plays with stuffed toys. The following has plastic eyes, nose and little plastic beads in it. Not a good stuffed toy for a kitty to play with.

IMG_2124.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi -- TYSM for the points and the compliment, but that saying isn't mine -- it's something everyone knows who knows about Waylon. It just IS. :yess:
@Alice catlady Cats are such amazing "nurses" because their empathy and intuition are so pure and strong. Enjoy that C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) and feel better soon!
...and now for something completely different. This is a special day for me in two ways, as it marks the birth of two very special people in my life, my paternal grandfather, whom I didn't get the honor of knowing very well as he passed when I was 6 (but I always knew he loved me) and the absolute greatest entertainer of all time, Michael Joseph Jackson. It's almost unbearably painful for me to think about his life or listen to him now, after all that's happened, but on this day, we celebrate his life and are so grateful for having had the treasure of his presence.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - It's one thing for someone whose vocal range is mature to sound that way, but an eleven year old? It doesn't happen often.

Personally - at any age - I'll take this one:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Jcatbird --Thanks for the summary! You get me. I just love you. :hearthrob:
Shane Kent Shane Kent --Thanks for sharing your favorite Tragically Hip song! Such a tragic loss, but we will always have their music, that's a definite positive!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --You surprised me there. I didn't know you liked Michael Jackson. I had the same religious upbringing as him, so know what he went through. My fave Michael Jackson song below, another positive:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
A little bit of Hawaii is growing in front of my door in a pot. This year the Plumeria, also known as Frangipani, is putting on a show rather late in the year. All this crazy weather at the wrong time has all the plants confused. This is the flower from which they make leis, it has a scent at night but no nectar for the bees or other pollinators. It comes in various colors, this one is called "rainbow" as it has white, yellow, pink and red shaded blossoms. Is this pawsitive or what?
HPIM3058.JPG
HPIM3057.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi A friend of mine (not a Christian either!) started studying with them and she got me to do so, as well. I did not end up being able to accept it, but it was interesting and because of that I also know a little bit about his upbringing/religious influences.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine : NO ONE can touch THIS. NO ONE.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --I just love you too. You're one of my favorite people on the planet! Sorry for being so cheesy. :)
@walli --Hope you are feeling more positive today. We didn't win the Mega Millions. I didn't even get one number! But the positive is, nobody else won either! So the pot goes up. We'll try again next month.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Yeah, I was in that religion from age 5 until recently. I'm not removed or anything because I'm not big into sins, just did the fade away type thing. It was difficult! And I would say I'm a bit odd like Michael. ;)
Positive in that is it made me a survivor.
Lots of positives in this post, but here's another one. My first ever Michael Jackson song:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I like cheesy, there's not a darn thing wrong with cheesy :thumbsup:. --And you too :cloud9:

Positive, besides all the wonderful people here is all the great sports like tennis on television so I can watch from the comfort of my chair. I LOVE Coors baseball field, it really is just about the nicest stadium but otherwise I'm happy watching from home. :p

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi That's cool. I studied comparative religion -- it's an ongoing fascination of mine, independently -- and to me, that's one sect whose teachings made more sense to me than some of the larger ones'. I couldn't ever be Christian, but I like their simplicity and common sense, or at least I interpret it that way. I had a relative who chose Christian Science, and I feel the same way about it. A lot of common sense, logic, and a personal relationship with the Creator -- all of that makes a lot of sense to me. I have no criticism of either of these. It is said that there are as many paths to god as there are seekers. It's a VERY personal thing, and I don't believe anyone else should interfere in a seeker's or worshipper's path. It's similar to music and other arts, to my mind -- very personal, and very heartfelt.
On MJJ, I was in court the day he passed, getting my heart torn out and stomped on. So that day has double the "whomp value" for me. I got home and heard it and just absolutely imploded. I remember the day of his memorial -- they shut the freeway completely down in that direction all the way from Hayvenhurst (the Jackson family's compound in Encino) to Forest Lawn here in Glendale, where he is laid to rest. The only vehicles on the road in that direction were all of the endless black Cadillacs and others in the cortege. To my knowledge, that has never been done here before or since, not for any politician, international dignitary, royal, religious figure, or anyone else. Anyone who ever doubted the love we have for this man saw it then.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All this crazy weather at the wrong time has all the plants confused. This is the flower from which they make leis, it has a scent at night but no nectar for the bees or other pollinators. It comes in various colors, this one is called "rainbow" as it has white, yellow, pink and red shaded blossoms. Is this pawsitive or what?View attachment 250339 View attachment 250340
segelkatt segelkatt - The same weather-related phenomenon is actually causing rebloom on both my Roses of Sharon, but it's a real plus in the late Summer landscape.

M maggiedemi A friend of mine (not a Christian either!) started studying with them and she got me to do so, as well. I did not end up being able to accept it, but it was interesting and because of that I also know a little bit about his upbringing/religious influences.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine : NO ONE can touch THIS. NO ONE.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - In the late sixties and early seventies, he had more vocal range than many mature singers - but he had a head start too. I'll still take "I'll Be There," because you know for certain that he's not going to make it leading up to the word "there" in the last verse. Even when he does, you have to say, "did he make that?"

Eleven.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Bing Crosby to one of the young choir boys after giving a tuning/warm up note in White Christmas; oh, those were the days, referring to the phenomenal clarity and range of a boy's voice.
Just the way he says it, gets me every time :) and so there ya go. Talent is an amazing, mind blowing thing .:agree:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt - The same weather-related phenomenon is actually causing rebloom on both my Roses of Sharon, but it's a real plus in the late Summer landscape.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - In the late sixties and early seventies, he had more vocal range than many mature singers - but he had a head start too. I'll still take "I'll Be There," because you know for certain that he's not going to make it leading up to the word "there" in the last verse. Even when he does, you have to say, "did he make that?"

Eleven.
True true. And like him or despise him, we all have to thank his dad for instilling that uncompromising professionalism in him, in the family, from the earliest. No wonder he said he never had a childhood. He didn't. Look at him and you're seeing a mature man in a young boy's body, right from the start. More than just rehearsing and hard work -- somehow, he KNEW. An ancient soul. Saw way too much, way too soon. But WE are all the richer for it.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True true. And like him or despise him, we all have to thank his dad for instilling that uncompromising professionalism in him, in the family, from the earliest. No wonder he said he never had a childhood. He didn't. Look at him and you're seeing a mature man in a young boy's body, right from the start. More than just rehearsing and hard work -- somehow, he KNEW. An ancient soul. Saw way too much, way too soon. But WE are all the richer for it.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Someone once said that if your Parents didn't want the best for you, and wouldn't fight for you, that you wouldn't either. Hats off to all you Parents out there, for doing a job I never could have.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Someone once said that if your Parents didn't want the best for you, and wouldn't fight for you, that you wouldn't either. Hats off to all you Parents out there, for doing a job I never could have.
I hear ya there and agree 100% -- I have NEVER wanted kids so I made sure that wouldn't be an option, as soon as I could. Big props to those who give 100% to their kids. Can't say that was applicable in MJJ's case but again, I give credit where credit is due and if it wasn't for his dad, we may never have experienced his brilliance. Was it worth the price? I guess that depends on who(m?) you ask.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I love all the posts and found a vintage workout video that I used to follow along on channel 38 boston as a kid..back when we had to get off the couch to change the channel.

Love all the videos and music posted. I will listen tomorrow during my lunch break on my speakers that sound so much better than this cell phone speaker.

A positive of the day, came home to wet lawn. Seems we got a quick shower and one rain bucket was full of water for my potted plants.

The butterfly bush is hanging in. Seems the purple is handling the heat better. The white ones had some die on me from being away. Theres new buds growing on the twigs so should continue to have color for another month.

I discovered a gladiola (sp?) That was planted in the 2000s and never dug them up. This area gets 4 feet of snow from pushing it off the roof so that could be why it survived...and this color is smashing!

20180829_161032.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the posts and found a vintage workout video that I used to follow along on channel 38 boston as a kid..back when we had to get off the couch to change the channel.

Love all the videos and music posted. I will listen tomorrow during my lunch break on my speakers that sound so much better than this cell phone speaker.

A positive of the day, came home to wet lawn. Seems we got a quick shower and one rain bucket was full of water for my potted plants.

The butterfly bush is hanging in. Seems the purple is handling the heat better. The white ones had some die on me from being away. Theres new buds growing on the twigs so should continue to have color for another month.

I discovered a gladiola (sp?) That was planted in the 2000s and never dug them up. This area gets 4 feet of snow from pushing it off the roof so that could be why it survived...and this color is smashing!

View attachment 250391
foxxycat foxxycat - What a lovely Gladiolus; I just love that deep, saturated colour.

Holy cats - you're talking about gettin' up to change the channel, and I've got ol' Hank spinning around seventy-eight times a minute, singin' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry." If one of us had a Maxwell we could crank her over, cruise into town and get us some store-bought ice cream!

;)

It's dropped from 90º here this afternoon to just over 70º now, and the rain swept through an half hour before dusk, trailing long streamers of black and orange clouds in the fading light. Down into the sixties tonight, and into the fifties tomorrow - and it surely does feel great out there!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's definitely a lovely shade 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine isnt it?! I wish there were more...don't they grow extra bulbs on the rootball? I will have to try to remember to dig it up this fall and remember to plant it.

Its still humid 73 outside. AC feels good and I'm ready for fall!
At least I got some nice pictures of the flowers this
week but Can't get them to upload..everyone must be hogging the interwebs! The butterflies are loving the flowers and thats pawsitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.