The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWsitive today is that as the last bits of summer keep popping up today as I run my pre-work errands!
@tinydestroyer - The "last bits of summer" popping up here are the golden flying ants - and thousands of dragonflies and damselflies swooping in on them between the house and the pool. No free lunch? Hah! Take that, Bob Heinlein!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Thank you so much for the 83 Waylon songs!...Is that Michael Franks song about a cat or a girl?...Do you have any stories to tell us about working in the music industry? Or is it confidential?
@tinydestroyer --Oh, you spoke the magic words! John Stamos, my boyfriend. (I wish.) Did you see the episode of Full House where he sang with the Beach Boys?

Just thinking about that is positive. Okay, in keeping with my theme, I found another beach boys song. My millionth song of the day, I Get Around by the Beach Boys below:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart -- Glad you enjoy!
M maggiedemi -- the song is about a cat. As for my stint in the music biz, well, I've pretty much said what counts, which is that artists are just people -- they just happen to work as musicians, actors, what have you. But they have the same faults as everyone else -- they're not gods, not by a long shot! I've met quite a few very famous people and also a fair number of not-so-famous-in-the-US people I like a lot, and spent time with some of them. Some of the "biggies" left me quite cold with their superior attitudes. Some of the ones I like impressed me as being humble, friendly, wise, and "just folks". I've talked to some I really, really admired, as well as family members of some of those. I've tried to do damage control for some who were in very fragile places. I've tried to deal with some who were extremely difficult. But as for personal stories, yeah, those are confidential, as I'm no gossip. *sorry*
And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- of course you know the R. Heinlein quote about cats. Of course. *No, not THAT one. THIS one:
“How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.”

― Robert A. Heinlein*

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- of course you know the R. Heinlein quote about cats. Of course.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I remember a few of them, but he adored cats so much that they figured prominently in his writing. The one I use most often is, "if you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat," but there're also, "women and cats do as they please; men and dogs should get used to the idea," and, "never try to out-stubborn a cat!"

;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wise man, Bob. :yess:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Indeed he was - at once wise, talented and brilliant.

I hope his, "how you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven," holds true, although I suspect that somehow the Snowshoes will bribe Saint Peter, and we'll all be cleaning litter boxes for Æternity.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Indeed he was - at once wise, talented and brilliant.

I hope his, "how you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven," holds true, although I suspect that somehow the Snowshoes will bribe Saint Peter, and we'll all be cleaning litter boxes for Æternity.

;)
Well, IDK about you, but for me, there are a lot worse things I could be doing than making things cleaner and more pleasant for cats. And those who love them. My ex used to call me, "Our lady of the pan". :lolup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Oh, I love that first cat quote, "If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat." Good advice to keep in mind. By the way I misquoted @orange&white about the bagpipes. She said Middle East and I didn't realize Turkey=Middle East. :doh:
@tinydestroyer --The positive for this post is look what I found, The Beach Boys Classics with my boyfriend John Stamos. :D You can barely see him though:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, IDK about you, but for me, there are a lot worse things I could be doing than making things cleaner and more pleasant for cats. And those who love them. My ex used to call me, "Our lady of the pan". :lolup:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Moo Shu says that you are, "hereby commanded cordially invited to come and bring the Holy Scooping Thingie - and T. and E. and B.S. of course."

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Moo Shu says that you are, "hereby commanded cordially invited to come and bring the Holy Scooping Thingie - and T. and E. and B.S. of course."

;)
Tuna and Everyotherkindofgushyfudz and I tremble to think what that last could pawsibly be...??? Hmm, it's something PAWSitive, though, innit? Because it's on THIS thread? :think: Moo Shu likes her home kept clean, yes? :yess: *I don't blame her!*
We just got half of our bid auto-delivery shipment of gushyfudz and yes, folks, what you gotta have when you have those. We'll be sittin' in tall cotton tomorrow when the other part arrives -- but hey, this is PAWSitive, too! :cloud9::cutecat::kneading::cutecat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuna and Everyotherkindofgushyfudz and I tremble to think what that last could pawsibly be...??? Hmm, it's something PAWSitive, though, innit? Because it's on THIS thread? :think: Moo Shu likes her home kept clean, yes? :yess: *I don't blame her!*
We just got half of our bid auto-delivery shipment of gushyfudz and yes, folks, what you gotta have when you have those. We'll be sittin' in tall cotton tomorrow when the other part arrives -- but hey, this is PAWSitive, too! :cloud9::cutecat::kneading::cutecat:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Moo Shu does like a tidy house; she'd Love yours from the look of it - absolutely neat as a pin.

The last? T, E and BS? Pawsitive? What could be more pawsitive than those three laptops of yours - Tarfia, Elvis and Baby Su?

Now, in honour of your Chewy order's arrival, I give you Alabama:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That's my favorite Alabama song!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --So...Don't leave us in such suspense. What on earth is a Gushy Fudz?!
I can't post another Beach Boys song, 'cause I'm too busy stuffing my face with Mac & Cheese. So of course that's my positive, duh!
Bonus positive: My Mac & Cheese has Peas and Habanero added to it! :yummy:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That's my favorite Alabama song!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --So...Don't leave us in such suspense. What on earth is a Gushy Fudz?!
I can't post another Beach Boys song, 'cause I'm too busy stuffing my face with Mac & Cheese. So of course that's my positive, duh!
Bonus positive: My Mac & Cheese has Peas and Habanero added to it! :yummy:
M maggiedemi - I like it a lot too, but then I like Dixieland Delight and Song Of The South as well.

"Gushy Fudz," is Cheeseburger dot com CatSpeak for, "canned food" - 'gushy food.'

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Here's something that really gets around - and it's been going around in circles for half an hour now:

View attachment 250500

Our local Sheriff's Department's helo has been circling endlessly. Hats off to local law enforcement everywhere, for keeping us safe, 24 / 7.
They are coming for you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :lol: Maybe they saw you out front drag racing again....told you to get that lead foot out of the gas pedal! And thats a pawsitive! Watching 2 cars drag race down the road!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely -- feel better soon, please! I've never had those but I have a friend who does and I know they're awful. Sure do hope it leaves you very soon.
M maggiedemi -- WHERE did you say you live again? That food has my name on it!!! Yum!!! Even though I'm lactose intolerant, I'd just go ahead and suffer, to enjoy that.
And yeah, if you haven't been and you love to laugh, you owe it to yourself to visit www.icanhascheezburger.com daily. I'm on their listserv. Because, you know, I like to laugh. And because...CATS.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine My daddy would let out a loud "AWWWWW HAWWWWWWWWWWW!" after hearing that. I did, inwardly, for him. *Oh, THAT T, E, & Bs!* and *Well, when you're the humble servant of cats, it's something ya gotta do. Cats DON'T like a dirty environment.*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are coming for you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :lol: Maybe they saw you out front drag racing again....told you to get that lead foot out of the gas pedal! And thats a pawsitive! Watching 2 cars drag race down the road!

foxxycat foxxycat - I heard a rumour earlier today that some people grow illegal substances right in the middle of cornfields. Impossible to spot from the road, but the helo's bird's eye view tells the whole story.

Pawsitive: 62º this evening as I ambled back to feed the fox. Autumn... you can almost hear it in the distance.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Ha, Ha. You would never find my house. It's so far out in the boondocks of Upstate NY, the furthest you can go North, up by Canada. :lol:
foxxycat foxxycat --My brother used to drag race his Chevelle on the way home from school on the back roads, with me in the car. It scared the crap out of me. :fear:

My positive for tonight is of course related to my theme of the day Beach Boys.
My pal @azpops told me about a Beach Boys biography movie. Only problem is, he said it sucks! Oh well, I will probably like it, I love true to life movies.
Here's the wiki page:
Love & Mercy (film) - Wikipedia

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Ha, Ha. You would never find my house. It's so far out in the boondocks of Upstate NY, the furthest you can go North, up by Canada. :lol:
foxxycat foxxycat --My brother used to drag race his Chevelle on the way home from school on the back roads, with me in the car. It scared the crap out of me. :fear:

My positive for tonight is of course related to my theme of the day Beach Boys.
My pal @azpops told me about a Beach Boys biography movie. Only problem is, he said it sucks! Oh well, I will probably like it, I love true to life movies.
Here's the wiki page:
Love & Mercy (film) - Wikipedia
Oh man. I'm in tall cotton for sure. I'll make it a 3-point stop -- 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine 's, yours, and @Shane Kent's. I'll leave so loaded with cats, good food, and amazing cat collectibles, I'll need a full-size moving van. :yess::bliss::wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.