The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's positive is you all inspired me to make this coming year about health.
I decided to give up booze and coffee. I've got a big case of bottled water and got stocked up on my vitamins. Next Monday I will start 4 weeks of treadmill & weight training and then re-assess after that to see where I'm at. If I'm going to take a road trip with foxxycat foxxycat next summer, I know I'll have to be in shape. She'll have me bike riding and God knows what else. Not hiking though, since somebody told me there are snakes in the Adirondacks. :eek2:
@Jcatbird --Tell the kitties to cross their paws for me. I'm picking up that Mega Millions ticket today. After I take care of my top 10 people, maybe we can save some kitties together! :crossfingers:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Sorry! I know you don't like gambling. But it's for the fam and kitties. Song of the day in honor of me buying my first lottery ticket ever below:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
M maggiedemi The 100lb weight was a lifting machine. Its called the leg press. Its a sled that holds the weights or has different weight settings. I like the one that you lay on your back and feet push the sled up at an angle.
bigfit_2271_24239754__05516.1443121812.1280.1280.jpg

This link is the machine I was using. I was doing calf rises where you push the weight with balls of feet and legs semi straight. Yep I won't do that again.

The positive is I am thinking of stopping at the gym to brush up my lifting skills since its been a year or more. Another positive is the doctor for my foot is in the network after finding out the facility is out of network but the doctor is in network which saves me $3000. So glad I finally getting it fixed. I have bone spurs that need to be removed. I do therapy every evening with ice and stretches but it just irritates it more but I need to keep those muscles working for after surgery. Those who run be careful with what footwear..but I have family who has had arthritis so it could be nothing to do with footwear but the doctor said that I need to be careful with properly fitting shoes. So only 2 weeks 3 days till I see the doctor...

So last night got some pictures of Honeybee and she gave Pumps a big kiss this morning. And finished another puzzle!
20180826_123124.jpg

20180825_134405.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice long overnight-into-morning shower has tempered the first day of a three day warm spell, further greening up the edges of the path through the woods. The cygnets appear to have reached the magic four-month threshold, and the Mute Swan Parents from all three Families are teaching them how to take off from the water. Four days remain in August, leaving roughly seven weeks before their migration begins.

A few of the modern hybrid Sugar Maples have begun showing darker edges on their leaves - a sure sign that Autumn's colours aren't far behind. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@kat0121 thank you for the compliment of Bee and kisses...she sure loves other kitties and if they were respective they would gain a kiss from Honeybee. She keeps trying to get the neighbors cat to accept a kiss from her but the other cat just hisses at her and runs off. :dunno: I keep telling her slow and easy...but the neighbors kitty was sleeping on the back step the other evening...so maybe she would accept a kiss..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Good on ya! Huge props for taking on those challenges. You'll be amazed how strong you get, both physically and emotionally.
While I don't do gambling, I do love those songs that tell stories! That's a great song, no doubt about it, by a great artist. Here's one by my absolute favorite of all time, Waylon Jennings.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat --My free-weights are just 3 pounds. I make up my own exercises with them, holding them in my hands and doing various things like leg lifts...Demi would give Honeybee all the kisses she wants. It would be a true love match. :redheartpump:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Oh I love Waylon! I thought I heard all his songs, but I've never heard that one. Thank you! I Googled the words, so beautiful and sad, very moving. That's my positive for today, you showing me that song. I love songs that make me cry. :)
Here's another positive, my favorite Waylon song, Sweet Music Man:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, M maggiedemi , TYSM and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- yeah. Precious memories! Did you see the biopic with Tom Hiddleston in the title role? I guess it probably has its detractors among the purists, but I loved it and thought he really did a great job.
Maggie, here ya go: mysunni1
Listen all day. Or all night. Or both. Joe, you can, too. I don't claim any credit and I didn't make any of these -- all credit goes to those who did. But it's a lot of my favorites all together in one place. The only thing I made is the wrapper photo. That's our place in the Mojave.
And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- yeah. Precious memories! Did you see the biopic with Tom Hiddleston in the title role? I guess it probably has its detractors among the purists, but I loved it and thought he really did a great job.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Everything on earth has its detractors; there are even crazy people who don't Love cats.

I Saw The Light? You bet. Now you're really speaking my language!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Everything on earth has its detractors; there are even crazy people who don't Love cats.

I Saw The Light? You bet. Now you're really speaking my language!

It's sad but true.
I think he was truly inspired playing that role! Amazing.
Yeah, my dad's people were from Texas -- after they got booted out of our home lands -- and all that music is just in my blood. I still have one aunt and some cousins back there. My aunt still loves all those songs. Stories about real people, going through all kinds of real human stuff. They never get old. And those people are my people.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sad but true.
I think he was truly inspired playing that role! Amazing.
Yeah, my dad's people were from Texas -- after they got booted out of our home lands -- and all that music is just in my blood. I still have one aunt and some cousins back there. My aunt still loves all those songs. Stories about real people, going through all kinds of real human stuff. They never get old. And those people are my people.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Real talent and real Heart never get old. How many times have you heard Peter Paul and Mary or Rusty Draper or Chet Atkins do Freight Train? All great studio recordings, but when they're over, all you get is a sweet song about a train.

Watch her face. She knows. She wrote it when she was twelve, after she taught herself to play a right-handed guitar upside down and backwards.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My PAWsitive is hearing all these old songs, tugging at my heartstrings on a rainy day. As for Hank, family lore has it that my great uncle played in a little band with him in Georgiana called The Little Red Wagon Boys. I'm not sure how true it is, but I like to imagine it's on good authority. Here's my contribution, for now, as a former Louisiana resident:

My dad also sang "Hey Good Lookin" at his little Cajun wife, so that memory brings a smile to my face 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Elizabeth Cotten is amazing - it's darn hard to learn guitar left-handed, but some of the greats just so happened to be.

M maggiedemi Good luck with your lottery ticket. I hope you win the big one!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Real talent and real Heart never get old. How many times have you heard Peter Paul and Mary or Rusty Draper or Chet Atkins do Freight Train? All great studio recordings, but when they're over, all you get is a sweet song about a train.

Watch her face. She knows. She wrote it when she was twelve, after she taught herself to play a right-handed guitar upside down and backwards.

*DANG.*
Well, now, train songs. That's another subject that's deep and wide. This has to be one of my all-time greats:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWsitive is hearing all these old songs, tugging at my heartstrings on a rainy day. As for Hank, family lore has it that my great uncle played in a little band with him in Georgiana called The Little Red Wagon Boys. I'm not sure how true it is, but I like to imagine it's on good authority. Here's my contribution, for now, as a former Louisiana resident:

My dad also sang "Hey Good Lookin" at his little Cajun wife, so that memory brings a smile to my face 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Elizabeth Cotten is amazing - it's darn hard to learn guitar left-handed, but some of the greats just so happened to be.

M maggiedemi Good luck with your lottery ticket. I hope you win the big one!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I like Hank Junior's version, but this is the one I grew up with (and still listen to on the original 78 rpm single:

*DANG.*
Well, now, train songs. That's another subject that's deep and wide. This has to be one of my all-time greats:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Some days this thread is just the best thing on the internet, and this is one of those days. Great pick - I've always Loved it! Here's a modern train song that's also bound for Glory:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I like Hank Junior's version, but this is the one I grew up with (and still listen to on the original 78 rpm single:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Some days this thread is just the best thing on the internet, and this is one of those days. Great pick - I've always Loved it! Here's a modern train song that's also bound for Glory:

Beautiful lady and great song!
And that man has Ricky Nelson's eyes. Beautiful voice and song!
A long time ago, a neighbor gave some of my folks a box of 78 records. I inherited them! There are some amazing ones in there, including my favorite:
*gun the gunboats!*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful lady and great song!
And that man has Ricky Nelson's eyes. Beautiful voice and song!
A long time ago, a neighbor gave some of my folks a box of 78 records. I inherited them! There are some amazing ones in there, including my favorite:
*gun the gunboats!*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - thanks for the memories; the man was an incredible player, staring out as an organist in his Dad's church. A real shame that he never reached 40 years old. Best left hand in Jazz piano history?

Might very well be. A toss-up between Waller and Brubeck:

Just listen to Paul Desmond on sax!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a busy morning driving to the internist for my annual physical and lab results. Traffic was not cooperating but luckily I made my appointment on time. Best of all, labs were good and I have a clean bill of health. 2 thumbs up!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammy Wynette's voice is a positive all in itself. I could listen to her sing the phone book. I'm reading a biography written by her & George Jones' daughter Georgette. They lived quite the life! Too bad they couldn't make it work, but they would have killed each other. He even shot up the house once.
Bonus positive: My dad actually has this original record and it still plays. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.